Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 12:07 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

By definition yes otherwise one isn't a child of God.
Being a child of God is based on faith alone that Jesus is your perfect subsitute, not on works or keeping the commandments.

So those who do believe on faith alone, Jesus made perfect those who are being made holy.
The good news of the gospel is that by faith alone we are perfect by the one sacrifice on the cross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 03:31 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It is also prideful to think you, me, or anyone is beyond missing the mark; willfully or not.
I will to do the will of my Father in heaven.

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:14.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28.

for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. Rom. 11:29.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Cor. 9:24.

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--Phil. 3:3.

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions. Col.2:18.

who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 2 Timothy 1:9.

Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. Heb. 3:1.

Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, Heb. 6:1.

...and this is how I do live my life.

Amen and Amen.

God Bless you.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I will to do the will of my Father in heaven.

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:14.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28.

for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. Rom. 11:29.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Cor. 9:24.

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--Phil. 3:3.

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions. Col.2:18.

who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 2 Timothy 1:9.

Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. Heb. 3:1.

Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, Heb. 6:1.

...and this is how I do live my life.

Amen and Amen.

God Bless you.
And Paul who said oh wretched man that I am who will deliver me from this body of sin(he identified the problem), ran the race and fell, but got up keeping his eye on the prize. Never boasting the I, but boasting in Christ.

for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again. Proverbs 24:16.

When your mind is quickened there is no such thing as being ignorant about sin committed.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 AM

707 posts, read 687,420 times
Quote:
If God does not hear the prayers of sinners then He would never hear any of us. We all sin (James 4:17 Today's New International Version (TNIV) 17 So then, if you know the good you ought to do and don’t do it, you sin.)
But to say we are separate from Christ or God while we are sinning is different. It seems to say that we loose that closeness, at that moment, from God.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:42 PM

461 posts, read 480,724 times
For god, sin is not possible,but man dies in his sin.

"Blessed are the pure of heart, they will see God."

Old 06-27-2012, 02:55 PM

"Blessed is He who's way is blameless who walks in the law of the Lord."

Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Who can truly say if they know God hears another's prayers? Isn't it a matter of faith... What good does it do for someone else to believe God hears me when I pray if I don't believe? My point is prayer is an individual thing and it matters most what the person praying believes.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,240 times
Quote:
And I would lead you to God's proclamation, here:

Exo 22:22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.
Exo 22:23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;

It says "ANY" widow or fatherless child that is afflicted. The operative word here being "ANY".

Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Who can truly say if they know God hears another's prayers? Isn't it a matter of faith... What good does it do for someone else to believe God hears me when I pray if I don't believe? My point is prayer is an individual thing and it matters most what the person praying believes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
And I would lead you to God's proclamation, here:

Exo 22:22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.
Exo 22:23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;

It says "ANY" widow or fatherless child that is afflicted. The operative word here being "ANY".
...and I would lead you both to the very word of God...you can both take it up with Him when you stand before Him on Judgement Day.........

Job 35:13 Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.

Job 15:31 Let him not deceive himself by trusting what is worthless, for he will get nothing in return.

John 9:31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.

Proverbs 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Isaiah 1:15 When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood;

Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore this is what the LORD says: 'I will bring on them a disaster they cannot escape. Although they cry out to me, I will not listen to them.

Micah 3:4 Then they will cry out to the LORD, but he will not answer them. At that time he will hide his face from them because of the evil they have done.

“But we know that God does not listen to the voice of a sinner, but listens to whoever worships him and does his will.” (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

"Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth." (KJV)

Deuteronomy 1:45 You came back and wept before the LORD, but he paid no attention to your weeping and turned a deaf ear to you

Job 27:8 For what hope has the godless when he is cut off, when God takes away his life?

Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry;

Psalm 66:18 If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;

Psalm 145:19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

Proverbs 28:9 If anyone turns a deaf ear to the law, even his prayers are detestable.

1 John 3:22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

May God Bless you both.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Psalm 34:22 The Lord redeems the life of His servants, no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt.

Psalm 104:35 Let sinners be consumed from the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless the Lord, O my soul. Praise the Lord!

Psalm 1:1 Happy are those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or take the path that sinners tread, or sit in the seat of scoffers;

Isaiah 1:28 But rebels and sinners shall be destroyed together, and those who forsake the Lord shall be consumed.

Isaiah 13:9 See, the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the earth a desolation, and to destroy its sinners from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity