Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:01 PM

381 posts, read 799,375 times

Advertisements

in our bible study a brother suggested that if we sin, God does not hear our prayers yet the bible says
Romans 8:26
Phil 4:6
James 5:13

he made it sound like we are cut off yet, the entire new testament letters of paul suggest we are not cut off but blessed with every spiritual blessing Eph 1:3

isn't this allegation more centered verses such as Amos 5:22 in th OT?

"though you offer me burnt peace offerings and grain offerings I will not accept them, nor will i regard your fattened peace offerings

clearly in the OT, God would turn His back, but under the NEW wine of the blood of Jesus, we always kept in peace and if chastened, the fruit of righteousness is always yielded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
in our bible study a brother suggested that if we sin, God does not hear our prayers yet the bible says

he made it sound like we are cut off yet, the entire new testament letters of paul suggest we are not cut off but blessed with every spiritual blessing Eph 1:3

"though you offer me burnt peace offerings and grain offerings I will not accept them, nor will i regard your fattened peace offerings

clearly in the OT, God would turn His back, but under the NEW wine of the blood of Jesus, we always kept in peace and if chastened, the fruit of righteousness is always yielded.
I would lead you to this thread...

The sinner is separated from Christ...and God does not hear the prayers of sinners

Old 06-23-2012, 09:40 PM

33,286 posts, read 26,487,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post

Here's the thing. As a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, at any given time you are either in fellowship or out of fellowship with God. You are either in status quo spirituality or status quo carnality. You are either filled with the Spirit (Eph 5:18) or under the control of your sin nature. Whenever you commit a sin you lose the filling of the Spirit which is the power source in the Christian life. The longer you remain out of fellowship as a believer the more divine discipline will come your way. 'For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and scourges every son whom he receives' Heb 12:6.

The believer out of fellowship is not on praying ground, but is under divine discipline (but has not and cannot lose his eternal salvation). Therefore, the first step in any prayer is to simply name your known sins to God as per the principle of 1 John 1:9 so that you are filled with and under the control of the indwelling Holy Spirit. If you keep current in acknowledging your sins to God as you commit them you can fulfill the principle of praying without ceasing (1 Thess 5:17).

Psalm 66:18 If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear; This is unconfessed sin in the life. When the believer has unconfessed sin he is carnal. In that status God will not answer prayer. When you sin you both grieve (Eph 4:30) and quench (1 Thess 5:19) the Holy Spirit. And to say it again, in that status the believer is not on praying ground.

So when you sin make sure that you name the sin to God the Father (1 John 1:9). Just name it. You don't have to feel sorry for it, you don't have to promise God that you will never commit that sin again. Simply name it and forget it. That sin was judged at the cross, and therefore under the principle of grace when you simply acknowledge or name the sin you are admitting to God that you sinned, and He immediately forgives you and you are back in fellowship and able to function in your spiritual life, including prayer.

There are various reasons why God doesn't answer prayer but they all deal with some phase or category of carnality. Lack of faith (Matt 21:22), selfishness (James 4:2,3), Lack of compassion (Prov 21:13), Lack of domestic tranquility (1 Pet 3:7), Failure to comply with divine will (1 John 5:14), Lack of obedience (1 John 3:22), Lack of filling of the Spirit (Eph 6:18).

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Michael Way; 06-23-2012 at 09:51 PM..

Old 06-23-2012, 09:52 PM

8,182 posts, read 6,934,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
dave737driver, I would refer you to that thread as well, but go to post#2 and post#3.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Love covers those who have missed the mark: "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love covers those who have missed the mark: "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Old 06-24-2012, 04:55 AM

9,692 posts, read 10,029,011 times
Right there 1 John 1: 9...``Confess the sin and repent and , He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleans us from all unrighteousness ``........... Though Jesus does have blood prayers if believer fall in to a curse from the adversary, where prayers will go unanswered...... See spiritual wickedness in the high places or fallen angels hold the curses that block people and unrepentant believer from Jesus , because Jesus honors the curses , because of the will of man is held up ....... So believers must repent of sin , and pray Authority Of Jesus Blood ..... Father I loose the spiritual wickedness of the high place or these strong men fallen angels in Jesus name , then bind them up and take their powers away and cast them down in Jesus name ..... Bind all the demons and powers of darkness who have authority over this in Jesus name ...take their powers away and caste them down in Jesus name ... Glory to God .......Pray these prayers to the Lord which is the Word of God with the confidence of the Lord by faith along with the Comforter Holy Spirit recognition , and the curses will be ripped off people released from bondage of discord and authority over illness against the people here will be cleansed...... Where prayer will be heard once again .

Old 06-24-2012, 05:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
The idea that you can freely give to someone, help someone, bless someone,comfort someone, love someone that you look down upon as a sinner and to think God who can see beyond sin and see's the heart cannot do any of these things, demonstrates how much darkness most of Christianity is in.

Who do you think is helping,blessing,giving,comforting and loving these people through you ?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The idea that you can freely give to someone, help someone, bless someone,comfort someone, love someone that you look down upon as a sinner and to think God who can see beyond sin and see's the heart cannot do any of these things, demonstrates how much darkness most of Christianity is in.

Who do you think is helping,blessing,giving,comforting and loving these people through you ?
pcamps, you have hit the nail on the head.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 AM

77 posts, read 74,675 times
Jehovah God hears our prayers, we just have to ask him to forgive us for our sins, and make sure you end it with "in Jesus name".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity