Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:28 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,651,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
Hostilitiy? LOL You just sound like an advertisement, and so I am asking for more details about your product. If you feel that is hostility then you should not be a salesman.You did not answer even one of my queries. Why should we care what Jonathan Cahn has to say? Why should I want to know anything about his publications? I looked at his webpage and it was an advertisement. This appears to be an entrepreneurial enterprise. Why should I view the free plug on youtube?
I'll take this point by point and then I'm done.

1. I found this post just like you did. You clicked on it of your own free will. If someone forced you to, I suggest you report them to the moderators. If it didn't interested you, the adult (mature, reasonable, rational, kind, non-childish), not to mention Christ-like, thing to do would have been to just leave without the sharp-tongued comments.

2. Why would anyone answer rude questions?

3. Nobody asked you to care what Jonathan Cahn says. The author doesn't need your money. I don't know him. I just happened to run across the video on YouTube and watched it. It was interesting and biblical so I did a search on him and found a couple of interviews that he did. That's my involvement with it.

4. The OP was obviously passionate about the message he heard, which is part of the gospel. It's biblical. You didn't see it and yet you would dare blast it? Don't you fear God that you might be blasting His word or one of His messengers?

5. Be careful. Your words go both ways. What did YOU start a thread about? Why would anyone care what YOU think? If you don't hold that standard to your own posts, it's hypocrisy.

6. If you call yourself a Christian, I would be careful to examine the book of 1 John.

7. If you are NOT a Christian, then I apologize because, as scripture points out, Christians are not to expect unbelievers to follow the gospel and act Christ-like.

Last edited by plain and simple; 07-01-2012 at 09:43 AM..

Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 AM

8 posts, read 5,390 times
I try to leave biblical prophecy and their outcomes to the ancient prophets of the OT a few modern prophets (most are still candidates until I can research them in an exhaustive study). I heard a very interesting prophecy-like (speculative) view the other day that if our government continues it's Marxist "coexist" "politically correct" philosophies regarding the borders in Israel (giving land to the Palestinians that is ordained by God to Israel) America could suffer its OWN division (literally)! What North America is possibly on the verge of splitting in two. Nah Yeah Nah Yeah! The New Madrid fault long dormant is feeling the pressure of creating a potential 9.2-9.5 big boy that could impact the very topgraphyof the entire region . This isn't about the "end of time" or Armegeddon or Tribulation its God slapping the heck out of us obese, naive and pathetically" unprepared" lambs that fail to obey Him . It's pehaps the "signs" or "pangs" mentioned in scripture . How exciting and what a privilege to live in these biblically fullfiling times. Thank you Lord!!!!

Jonah

Old 07-01-2012, 10:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahindabelly View Post
Well thanks for the responses including semi-negative perspectives which I don't brush off (lost my ego many years ago) I'm not a religous fanatic I'am (excuse all the stupid "I's"), but hysterically focused on "truth". Jonathan Cahn doesn't hold a exclusive key to truth nor is he a modern prophet. Cahn IS a great student of scripture and as many messanics go has a vast insight into the Torah (Old Testament) and now via the Holy Spirit he has been given keys to the "warnings of God on America and the world and just has a gift period. He is amazing, but I don't cling to one man or woman teachers as I (we) have the real Rabbi " real deal" Teacher and the real Father to learn from directly ie, Yahshua,Yeshua,Jesus Christ!
Despite of what I said about the warnings I the book being unclear, I still recommend this book for reading. I read it in two days. Just couldn't put it down once I started. The author is right about US sliding further and further away fro God and it is possible that His blessings for us may soon be removed.

I do think the book is meant to be fiction with the meeting with the angel, etc but it still delivers the main message.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I read the book, and thought it was good reading, and I agree with the author in saying that america has been turning her back to God during the last few decades, but the "signs" in his book seemed to be figments of his imagination and I say this because I do not believe God would send signs which no one can see, and the sighs I this book would be impossible for anyone to see. For example a stone which was to be used I the new WTC building which was specific kind of rock, was supposed to be a warning from God. How would anyone see that as a warning, especially when this stone was NOT actually used? No, God would not send warnings no one can see. I think the author created these warnings to keep the book interesting.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:56 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
People, People, People, could you ever think for one minute that
things are happening in America as they are because
God has to keep us busy with our own stuff
so we won't be messing with His Prophecies 0f The Middle East?

Come on, there's always been the same sins of America,
it's just that "The (Mystery) 0f Lawless" Is 'Falling Away'.

The Lawless one is being revealed acording to the working of satan with
all power signs and wonders and with all unrighteoushness deception among
those who perish because they have not received The Truth that they might be saved...

Jesus said, "Lawlessness Will Abound". Did you not believe Him?

What? You think God promised us A Rose Garden here??? Oh, that's right, only Pastors say that!

Old 07-01-2012, 04:49 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
<sigh> My high-school home room teacher (long dead now) and way back in 1963 or '64 (now I'm really dating myself ) told us, while waggling his finger menacingly at all of us wide-eyed naive teenage kids, that our Satanic music (somehow the Beatles "Believe" does not seem so terribly evil to me. How about to you?) would bring on The Final Days. Very Soon, he admonished with a Clint Eastwood squinty eyed gunslinger look. "Best you look out and find God soon!" he preached, little spirals forming in in his desperate eyes. Sort of like I read here on this sub-forum. You girls & boys are literally squirming in your seats, aren't you?

So.. now, cut to 2012. What's that.... 2012 - 1964 = 48 years of impatiently waiting for something that was "coming, and real soon!". Fact is, all you hopeful, wishful types, still needing this to happen in your lifetimes, will not get to experience it.

My advice (free): There will be no End Times. There. Fini.

(how will you deal with that?... )

Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM

8 posts, read 5,390 times
What?

Old 07-01-2012, 06:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
<sigh> My high-school home room teacher (long dead now) and way back in 1963 or '64 (now I'm really dating myself ) told us, while waggling his finger menacingly at all of us wide-eyed naive teenage kids, that our Satanic music (somehow the Beatles "Believe" does not seem so terribly evil to me. How about to you?) would bring on The Final Days. Very Soon, he admonished with a Clint Eastwood squinty eyed gunslinger look. "Best you look out and find God soon!" he preached, little spirals forming in in his desperate eyes. Sort of like I read here on this sub-forum. You girls & boys are literally squirming in your seats, aren't you?

So.. now, cut to 2012. What's that.... 2012 - 1964 = 48 years of impatiently waiting for something that was "coming, and real soon!". Fact is, all you hopeful, wishful types, still needing this to happen in your lifetimes, will not get to experience it.

You mean the same Beatles who promoted the use of LSD and other drugs?

Old 07-01-2012, 06:45 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,651,465 times
Quote:

Condescending, intolerant and not even on topic. Interesting. I think that says more about you than those posting here.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:01 PM

24 posts, read 21,395 times
Quote:
You girls & boys are literally squirming in your seats, aren't you?

No, I'm saved. What about you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.