Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 01:35 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,141,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

Ok, I'll address slavery and the fact that God's Law not only allows it, but gives laws on how to manage it.

After all, my Christian forefathers were slave owners less than 150 years ago.

First of all... Christians have owned slaves far longer than the current world order has condemned it.

In the Bible, Paul tells slaves to obey and serve their earthy masters as they would obey and serve Christ.

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Jesus interacted with slave owners and never condemned them or the institution of slavery and rightfully so,
because God's Law [Jesus is God, so it is Jesus' Law] allows slavery.

Don't compare Christianity with the the current perverted world order or the modern apostate church,
both call good, evil and evil, good..

Today, most churches are nothing but baal temples.

Just another reason why I'm a more moral entity than the Christian god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 01:37 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,350,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

Homosexual behavior like heterosexual behavior can be many things. It can be depraved or promiscuous and lustful
or it can be an act of love. It's only a "sin" because you and those like you label it as such.

Quote:

Just another reason why I'm a more moral entity than the Christian god.

You witness against yourself.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,141,109 times
Quote:
You witness against yourself.

As an atheist I'm perfectly fine with that. I'll continue to point out Christian hypocrisy and immorality without the fear of reprisal from some vengeful god.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:39 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,460,599 times
Quote:
As an atheist I'm perfectly fine with that. I'll continue to point out Christian hypocrisy and immorality without the fear of reprisal from some vengeful god.
You can argue with king's highway as if he speaks for Christians, but you won't accomplish much. There are numerous things wrong with his theology IMO, so from my perspective you're just knocking over strawmen.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,640,637 times
Quote:
Your just another one attempting to define "the Law" of what is right and wrong. We've all been there at one point, but there comes the realization we live in a world of absolute truth not relative. The Law is absolute and perfect and no man can keep it. That's why we need Jesus Christ to redeem us from the Law which curses mankind.

You have hypocrisy because Christians still have their mortal flesh with the sin nature. No matter how hard we try, we will stumble. So making the case of what is Christian by looking at Christians is not the way to go to assess what is Christianity. Skeptics do it all the time. Go to the Bible which will tell you what a Christian is suppose to be, and that even the best of us do not come close to its absolute perfect standard. That doesn't mean that is not the standard to strive toward, but none will fulfill it perfectly.

The hypocrisy skeptics point to is only further proof that what the Bible says is true. Yes there is a Just Creator God. He is also merciful, longsuffering, ... The bad news is this Justice condemns sinful man. The good news is that YHWH God Jesus Christ out of his Love for mankind paid the penalty of justice of the Law to anyone that comes to God by him.

God's Love brings sinners to a Holy God not his Righteousness. There is still time to humble yourself and seek him. We don't want to be the enemies of God.

The old saying goes no one will be in Hell for their sin but for rejecting the provision made for their sin. By the shedding of innocent blood we will be covered.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post

You can argue with king's highway as if he speaks for Christians, but you won't accomplish much. There are numerous things wrong with his theology IMO, so from my perspective you're just knocking over strawmen.

I am a Christian who worships the God of Israel, Jesus Christ,
not perverted theology that is taught in apostate churches today.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:46 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,381,352 times
I think it is important to understand that is not full relativism that most atheism is endorsing. Killing another human for no reason other than fun will probably always be wrong and coincidentally, always a violation of the golden rule which is also mostly the same as the second greatest commandment (which Paul also said "fulfilled the entire law" though its debatable whether he was speaking only to christians and how the first greatest commandment applies). There are many laws in the old and new testament that atheists see as violations of the golden rule and in all honesty, so do most christians even if they wont admit it. "Ask yourselfs if it is right for a Woman to pray with her head uncovered," ...did anyone's "self" have a moral reaction thinking such a thing was improper (as Paul and audience did) when you first read that?

Now Christians can either respond by saying "it is the way it is! God knows better than you!" or they can look deeper and consider that maybe the golden rule was different for people back then and try to understand "why" based on their culture and technology and figure out how it applies to us as a culture. I think today's christians are far to quick to make judgments of right and wrong on controversial issues (such as the topic of this thread and many others) based on how they think the bible laws are suppose to apply today. To shamefully quote StarTrek, "since when has justice ever been as simple as a rulebook?"

...Okay I don't think that was an entirely on topic but is there certainly applies to recent discussion and I think it needed to be said. The only people who can give an honest answer to the thread discussion are the people who go to the church is that allow gay marriage (hey, Don't look at me! ;p ) but I have a feeling they've thought a lot about the things I just said.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 PM

717 posts, read 648,453 times
As churches we (finally) rejected segregation of races, we have generally acknowledged that women have the same abilities as men and we have seen that slavery is wrong and always was. It is only a matter of time until we realise that homosexuals too are made in God's image and likeness and are loved by God. Perhaps then we can find something else to attack one another about.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post

As churches we (finally) rejected segregation of races, we have generally acknowledged that women have the same abilities as men and we have seen that slavery is wrong and always was. It is only a matter of time until we realise that homosexuals too are made in God's image and likeness and are loved by God. Perhaps then we can find something else to attack one another about.

Apostate churches = baal temples.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 AM

717 posts, read 648,453 times
Quote:
Apostate churches = baal temples.

You are entitled to your opinion no matter how offensive and frankly incorrect it is. But, humour me, in what way does listening to the Spirit of God make us temples of Ba'al?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity