Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:20 AM

173 posts, read 135,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I think Christians should eat whatever they want ... even Thai and Indian food, if they can stand it.

The only dietary restriction I place on myself is to avoid meat on Good Friday and go look for a nice piece of swordfish/halibut/shark or, if I'm lazy, a Filet-O-Fish.
I love Thai and Indian food. I love spicy food anyway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You are the one that has a problem with logic, not me...I go as far as revealed in Scripture and do not go outside the Scriptures with undo speculation the way you do...

1) HaShem gave Peter a vision.

2) Peter had an epiffany with regards to the vision.

This is where the meaning of the vision ends..We are told, by Peter, what the vision meant...

The speculation arises when one reads a meaning into something that is not there...This is because one wants to believe something so one reads a meaning that is unintended...In this case, the vision...Since Gentiles were categorized as unclean, and no Jew would touch an unclean thing or have anything to do with an unclean thing, and the fact that many things are veiled in allegory, metaphor, parable, using Hebraic Idioms, and the fact that Peter aknowledged that HaShem was telling him, through this vision, that the Gospel was to go out to the Gentiles and that was the end of the meaning, it is illogical and unreasonable to take it farther than is meant...Unless you are employing PARDES...
Well Richard I have given you what the scripture say's and tried to help you understand what God's word clearly means. If you choose to reject it that's up to you. I can only tell you the truth. I cannot force you to accept it. But remember you will have to give an account to God one day and He knows you have been told the truth.

Best of luck and I will be praying you come to understand God's truth before it's too late.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:29 AM

987 posts, read 1,388,759 times
I'm not a religious person or have any restrictions to food! So, I eat whatever I like! Life's too short!

Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Yeah, this pretty much sums things up.
Moderator cut: delete

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ, the same yesterday and today and forever.

Yeshua is the same, always...

1Jn 5:7 For there are three bearing witness in Heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

The Three are One, which means they are all HaShem...The Father is Hashem, The Son is HaShem, The Holy Ghost is Hashem....

Mal 3:6 For I, Jehovah, change not. Because of this, you sons of Jacob are not destroyed.

HaShem, Himself, states that He does not change...

Joh 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Considering the first three verses listed here and that it was Hashem that gave the Commandments through Moses, it is obvious what Yeshua meant here...

Joh 15:10 If you keep My commandments you will continue in My love, as I have kept My Father's commandments and continue in His love.

Again, note the verse above...

Mar 10:19 You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not commit murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not defraud, honor your father and mother. Ex. 20:12-16
Mar 10:20 And answering, he said to Him, Teacher, I observed all these from my youth.

Considering Yeshua was sent only to the Lost Sheep of the house of Israel, and that He actually conversed with this young man, and that the young man has observed the Commandments from his youth, it is safe to assume that he was a Jew...Now, that being said, no Jew, from his youth, would have just followed those specific Commandments, he would have followed all of them, however, if Yeshua would have listed all the 613 Commandments, they would have been there all day, so it is safe to assume that Yeshua touched on the highlights, to which the young man replied that he had followed them all from his youth, to which Yeshua merely replied that he lacked one thing...Did He tell him that he no longer had to follow all the Commandments any longer?...No...Yeshua loved him because he followed the Commandments from his youth...

This is my point...One cannot have one's cake and eat it too...

Last edited by june 7th; 09-08-2012 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Deletion/Red is reserved for moderator actions. Any other color is okay.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:48 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
Well Richard I have given you what the scripture say's and tried to help you understand what God's word clearly means. If you choose to reject it that's up to you. I can only tell you the truth. I cannot force you to accept it. But remember you will have to give an account to God one day and He knows you have been told the truth.

Best of luck and I will be praying you come to understand God's truth before it's too late.
Oh...The old 'you'll have to give account' threat...If you don't believe me...I am well aware of what the Scriptures state and what they mean, been doin' it for over 25 years...Like I said, I go as far as Scripture reveals and no farther...I do not venture outside of the revealed Word with undue speculation...It will be you who will have to give account for twisting the Word of HaShem to force it to tell you what you want to hear...And if you wish to eat scavengers, go right ahead, it is your health, not mine that you are hazarding...Good luck with all that...

Old 09-08-2012, 02:16 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,656,443 times
Quote:
Should Christians eat BBQ Pork?
Not if...

1) They're allergic to it.
2) They don't like it.
3) Someone spits in it.
etc.,

We've been given liberty, not legalism.

Acts 10:1-16,

"At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, ". . . Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. . . ." . . . Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa. About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat." "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven."

Old 09-08-2012, 02:23 PM

Default Paul made a statement about some of you!

Gal 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

That's the end of that story!

So Sad!

Old 09-08-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Not if...

1) They're allergic to it.
2) They don't like it.
3) Someone spits in it.
etc.,

We've been given liberty, not legalism.

Acts 10:1-16,

"At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, ". . . Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. . . ." . . . Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa. About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat." "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven."
Someone else who thinks God is able to say what He means. Some on here think God is too stupid to know what He's talking about and want to correct him. They think they have somehow become Jews and have rejected the grace of Christ and are trying to work their way to Heaven. Of course unless they accept the truth they are doomed.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:57 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,463,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Moderator cut: delete

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ, the same yesterday and today and forever.

Yeshua is the same, always...
Lol, the Hebrews 13:8 defense. Hasn't this been covered in another thread? (or was it earlier in this one)

This verse does not support your position at all - it's completely neutral to it. God has changed his dealings with man (and what he expects from man) on numerous occasions in the past (Genesis 9, anyone?), so it can hardly be a defense here.

CLEARLY Hebrews 13:8 is not talking about the rules and regulations that exist between God and a person at any moment in history - but rather his character and faithfulness.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Lol, the Hebrews 13:8 defense. Hasn't this been covered in another thread? (or was it earlier in this one)

This verse does not support your position at all - it's completely neutral to it. God has changed his dealings with man (and what he expects from man) on numerous occasions in the past (Genesis 9, anyone?), so it can hardly be a defense here.

CLEARLY Hebrews 13:8 is not talking about the rules and regulations that exist between God and a person at any moment in history - but rather his character and faithfulness.
Well when you only have a hand full of verses that don't really deal with what you are trying to change the bible to mean you just repeat it over and over and hope you can deceive someone else to add to your ranks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity