Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:17 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,044,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God has revealed that there two types of children:
1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are:
Jesus revealed (using the mind of Christ ... fyi) not all are children of God
  • the sheep (who the children of God are)
  • the goats (who the children of the devil are)

Matthew 25:32-33
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left
Jesus another time revealed (again using the mind of Christ) not all are children of God
  • the wheat (seeds sown by God ... who the children of God are)
  • the weeds (seeds sown by Satan ...who the children of the devil are)
Matthew 13:37-39
He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.
The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom.
The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil
the truth is that whomever says "all are" does not listen to the truth, listens to a false testimony, as Jesus said:
John 18:37
" ...In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.
Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
Those who listen to truthful testimony listens to what Jesus said ... and he said Matthew 13:37-39, Matthew 25:32-33 and John repeated the truthful testimony of Jesus 1 John 3:10

Good thing is that eventually they all will be God's Children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,519,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Good thing is that eventually they all will be God's Children.

The liar will be whom one says either:
  • but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever .... God
  • others (unbelievers will rise) to shame and everlasting contempt. .... God
  • those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned .... God
  • ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' " .... God
  • There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. ... God
or
  • that same resurrected unbeliever will become a believer and receive the end of that death through Life and acquisition of God's pneuma.
and when Jesus said:
Matthew 25:32-33
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left

Matthew 13:37-39
He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.
The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom.
The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil

1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are:
or
  • Good thing is that eventually they all will be God's Children

Old 08-21-2013, 02:39 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,868,713 times
Quote:
Hi jghorton, the one symbolized by the day that male children are to be circumcised on. The same one symbolized by the day Jesus rose from the dead. Many don't know the meaning of that but it was well understood in the early church era and found in numerous church father writings. It is a Spiritually understood message.

Hello trettep: I'm well aware of the 8th day circumcision ... and certainly familiar with Jesus resurrection, --- but, in almost 30-years of expository Bible teaching/preaching and ministry, I've never run into this particular 8th day connection (it is certainly not referenced in the Bible). Also, to whom are you referring when you say "it was well understood in the early church" .... and "It is a Spiritually understood message" (by whom?).

Also (per earlier question), you've claimed in some posts that "ALL will 'ultimately' be God's children" --- Without getting into 'how this is supposed to happen,' the question remains, Are you saying that "All people are already God's children?"

Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 PM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Those who would be special in the eyes of God based on their professed beliefs ABOUT God are simply having their "ears tickled" by their religions and "the precepts of men" they espouse. God has no special children. God is no respecter of persons and has no interest is such things. He is interested in what is in our hearts and how faithfully we follow Christ's commands to "love God and each other," period. It is a waste of time to cast these pearls of wisdom at their feet, Pleroo and lego. God IS love . . . that should be enough to lead anyone who sincerely seeks to understand God to the truth God has "written in our hearts" using the guidance of the Holy Spirit who abides within our consciousness as the Comforter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
"anyone who sincerely seeks to understand God"
What about those who reject God?
If they actually reject God . . . which means to reject "agape love for all life" (NOT merely intellectually reject any of the beliefs ABOUT God) . . . they will reap what they sow from their life of non-love . . . but not more than they sow. I suspect they will have insufficient spiritual development when they are reborn as Spirit (resurrected) . . . like a poorly developed, not fully formed and otherwise not normal baby needing a spiritual incubator. But you are asking me for answers to things we cannot possibly know . . . except that God will NOT abandon them completely or torture them for eternity or any other nonsense as that . . . because He wants everyone one of us, period.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:51 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,044,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Hello trettep: I'm well aware of the 8th day circumcision ... and certainly familiar with Jesus resurrection, --- but, in almost 30-years of expository Bible teaching/preaching and ministry, I've never run into this particular 8th day connection (it is certainly not referenced in the Bible). Also, to whom are you referring when you say "it was well understood in the early church" .... and "It is a Spiritually understood message" (by whom?).

Also (per earlier question), you've claimed in some posts that "ALL will 'ultimately' be God's children" --- Without getting into 'how this is supposed to happen,' the question remains, Are you saying that "All people are already God's children?"
Regarding the 8th day. I remember reading the Torah regarding the 8th day circumcision and some Jewish sage notes that it was a reference to a "world (age) to come". Additionally, there are many texts of early christian origin that reference this 8th day including the Epistle of Barnabas. It is also understood when reading this that Jesus resurrection the first day of the week was really heradling the 8th day or that new day that will be seen as the day when the Children are consecrated to the Father.

From the Epistle of Barnabas:

Your present Sabbaths are not acceptable to Me, but that is which I have made, [namely this,] when, giving rest to all things, I shall make a beginning of the eighth day, that is, a beginning of another world. Wherefore, also, we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead. And when He had manifested Himself, He ascended into the heavens.

So when you read of the 8th especially regarding festivals in the scriptures or other events think about that time after the Lords reign when this occurs.

Regarding "God's Children", no the Bible makes it clear that some are of their father the devil which they clearly can't be of the children of God and of the Devil at the same time. However, I do believe that God (knowing the end from the beginning) does not work any work in vain, and that the work He started and for the purpose that He started it will be achieved in all of us when the sinful nature is removed from us all in due time to each in his own order. Then on that 8th shall we all be God's Children. Sin will have been eradicated and the nature that produced sin will have been eradicated.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:24 AM

1 posts, read 650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Here is the problem.

First, to answer the question, yes we are all God's children. We all descended from Adam who was created by God's creation. However that is not the whole story.
Thank God, because even this part of the story is incorrect.

Don't you have the same Bible that I have? In Genesis 1:28 God made the Hadam and said to them: "be fruitful and multiply." and then after day seven (or on day seven - open to interpretation of the hebrew) God created the Adam and then planted a garden (also on or after day seven) and put the Adam in it.

So God made the men, and then made the man. None of the men outside the garden were a help-meet for the Adam, so God made Easha (Later Adam changed her name to Eve) and gave her to Adam.

It's pretty simple really. Just read the Bible as it is.

There has always been a separate, holy, called apart people.

I mean, where do you think Cain and Seth got their wives from?

Old 03-04-2016, 06:16 AM

1,146 posts, read 651,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Why the question?
People often proclaim, “We are all God’s children” -- as though nothing else matters. The perception seems to be: – ‘because earthly parents love all their children and try to treat them all the same; ….God (the ‘Father’) similarly loves everyone and will always treat everyone the same way … (which some conclude means that ALL people will ‘automatically’ spend eternity in heaven, with God -- Inferred: 'has no personal accountability for their lives or choices in this world'.)

Truth: 1). All people are God’s ‘creation’; 2). God is no respecter of persons; 3). God loves all people and has treated ALL people the same … by providing His Son, Jesus Christ as the ‘atonement for the sin for ALL’. ALL have the same opportunity to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior … and to be ‘born again’ in God’s Holy Spirit as God’s eternal sons/daughters (joint heirs with Christ).

Truth: ALL true believers in Jesus Christ are ‘born again’ as God’s adopted sons and daughters. But, ALL who reject or ignore Jesus Christ, have neither God (Father) or the Son. They are NOT born again in the Holy Spirit as God’s ETERNAL sons / daughters. Scripture: Jn 1:12, Gal 4:4-5, Jn 8:44, Jn 3:1-2, Gal 3:26, Rom 8:14-18, Jn 5:23, 2Jn1:8-10

Summary: All people are God's creation, but, not God's "Children." God has given mankind His Living and Written Word so that there is no excuse for rejecting or not knowing God’s Word of Truth (in favor of ‘ear-pleasing opinions or traditions.’ One’s response to God and His Living and written Word in this temporary world and life, determine whether one has Salvation and Eternal Life – or not. Simply believing that God loves us (which he does) and/or that 'we are all God's children' (which we are not) ... is not enough.
I agree.

There is no such thing as the brotherhood of man. This is a humanistic concept that began with the fall in Genesis 3.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:53 AM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If they actually reject God . . . which means to reject "agape love for all life" (NOT merely intellectually reject any of the beliefs ABOUT God) . . . they will reap what they sow from their life of non-love . . . but not more than they sow. I suspect they will have insufficient spiritual development when they are reborn as Spirit (resurrected) . . . like a poorly developed, not fully formed and otherwise not normal baby needing a spiritual incubator. But you are asking me for answers to things we cannot possibly know . . . except that God will NOT abandon them completely or torture them for eternity or any other nonsense as that . . . because He wants everyone one of us, period.
Quote:
Regarding the 8th day. I remember reading the Torah regarding the 8th day circumcision and some Jewish sage notes that it was a reference to a "world (age) to come". Additionally, there are many texts of early christian origin that reference this 8th day including the Epistle of Barnabas. It is also understood when reading this that Jesus resurrection the first day of the week was really heradling the 8th day or that new day that will be seen as the day when the Children are consecrated to the Father.

From the Epistle of Barnabas:

Your present Sabbaths are not acceptable to Me, but that is which I have made, [namely this,] when, giving rest to all things, I shall make a beginning of the eighth day, that is, a beginning of another world. Wherefore, also, we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead. And when He had manifested Himself, He ascended into the heavens.

So when you read of the 8th especially regarding festivals in the scriptures or other events think about that time after the Lords reign when this occurs.
What you and most Christians fail to understand is that when Jesus died and was "born again" as Spirit THAT heralded the beginning of a New Covenant (age) wherein ALL of us were saved from eternal separation from God. From that point on Christ abides with us ALL and His Holy Spirit (Comforter) is within our consciousness to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." That is how He reigns with us, but not all of us listen to His guidance, in fact, most do not. Our reticence or failure to do the works the Holy Spirit urges us to has nothing to do with our salvation, which Christ achieved despite our sinfulness. But it DOES have to do with our sanctification under His agape love for us all. If we do not resonate in some harmony with His agape love for us all, we lose the cover of His perfection for our imperfections and will reap what we sow, but NOT more than we sow. But none of that has anything to do with our salvation because WE have nothing to do with that.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-04-2016 at 12:54 PM..

Old 03-04-2016, 12:48 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,793,179 times
"While you have the light believe in the light and you will become a child of light." (Son of man)

Old 03-04-2016, 01:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,004,367 times
If all humans are not presently children of God, one day they will be as the Bible assures us:

Ephesians 3:14-15 On this behalf am I bowing my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(15) after Whom every kindred in the heavens and on earth is being named,

Yes, every kindred in the heavens and on earth is in the process of being name

We have a pre-expectancy in the Christ (Eph.1:12), but not a sole expectancy. We are God's achievement now (Eph.2:10), but all will be God's achievement ultimately. In Him every kindred in heaven and earth is being named (Eph.3:15). His goal is that He will be All in all (1 Cor.15:28). The ecclesia is the complement of Christ, Who is completing the all in all (Eph.1:21).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity