Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 PM

9,018 posts, read 13,871,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I think that the parable of the vineyard workers covers this by telling you that that's just the way it is. However, I think there's a better way to look at it by considering Paul's discussion of spiritual education, which is found in Hebrews.

Paul says that many of us remain at the level of children in our spiritual growth, and I think your question is spiritually childish in that fashion.

Children need the love of their parents, but those children become adults whom learn to cope with the absence of it. That's true whether you come to terms with being a less favored sibling or your parents pass. When you reach a stage of your life that requires that you ask if God loves equally, then maybe you're ready for a more adult spirituality.

I would ask of you: what difference does it make how God treats others? Are you doing right in the eyes of God? Are you living up to what you believe to be the right path?

It's not. Welcome to the real world. It sucks. But would you rather have Matthew and no Paul because Paul was rotten for most of his life, or would you rather benefit from the good works of both when they're on the right path?
How is it a childish question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 07:46 PM

Its just like some people pray and receive,and others don't.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,825,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
How is it a childish question?
Children need the love of their parents, but those children become adults whom learn to cope with the absence of it. That's true whether you come to terms with being a less favored sibling or your parents pass. When you reach a stage of your life that requires that you ask if God loves equally, then maybe you're ready for a more adult spirituality.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 AM

Ok,but what does that have to do with the question?
I'm not getting any direct answers,its almost as if some are trying to deflect.

If God knew about Esau before he was born,isn't that sort of similiar to predestination?

Also,in the example I gave,how does God expect both the person who had it easy in life and the person whose had it rough to both serve him equally?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 AM

In your post homogenizer,you raised a good question:
What difference does it make how God treats others?

It makes a big,big difference.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
jerseygal4u,

This may be an obvious question, but what makes you think that God doesn't love everyone equally? (different people answer that question in different ways.) Perhaps if we understand your perspective a little more, that might help.

peace,
sparrow

Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,297,909 times
Hello folks. Just to keep this on topic, here again is the OP:

Quote:
Does he really? I need proof.

Reason I ask is because let's just say someone who has it easy in life becomes a Christian and gets saved.
Then you have someone whose had it very rough in life who doesn't get saved.

How is that fair?

Its like almost from the start that God loved the person who had it easy in life and hated the person whose had it rough.

Let's take the story of Jacob and Esau.
Is it fair to say God disliked Esau from the start,while he was in the womb?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,517,249 times
Quote:
Does he really? I need proof.

Reason I ask is because let's just say someone who has it easy in life becomes a Christian and gets saved.
Then you have someone whose had it very rough in life who doesn't get saved.

How is that fair?

Its like almost from the start that God loved the person who had it easy in life and hated the person whose had it rough.

Let's take the story of Jacob and Esau.
Is it fair to say God disliked Esau from the start,while he was in the womb?
Yes, God loves everyone equally:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son" John 3:16

"He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:45

The question of "fair" is not a question but a situation of the insignificant created accusing the infinite Creator and sitting of judgement of Him.

How about applying the response Job got about his "fair" accusation .... Job was told to

Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 PM

Oh well,I guess I can't expect to get my question answered.
Still not seeing how its childish to ask questions.
Isn't that what we are supposed to do instead of just jumping into something?

Old 09-27-2012, 07:48 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times
Quote:
Its just like some people pray and receive,and others don't.

Just because you pray and ask God for something does not mean you will receive what you pray for. God knows what you need and knows what you want, which is more important in your life, your wants or your needs? Much like a parent, grandparent, guardian of a child, when they ask for something they do not always receive it because the adult in their lives know that it is a want and not something they need. If your child asked you for a toy while in a store but they had just received several toys for gifts a few days ago for their birthday would you say they NEEDED that toy or just WANTED that toy? Would your purchase it for them if you determined it is a want and not a need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity