Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times

Advertisements

Love it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Mumford and Sons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 PM

9,018 posts, read 13,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Maybe he doesn't . So strange everyone running the same race to the same destination where some of us have obstacles getting in the way of gettin to the finish line.
This is where I'm coming from too.

For instance,the example I provided about the person who basically has had it all and gets saved,never had to wrooy about food,didn't get sick often,had family who loved them,etc...

Then the poor person,who always had an obstacle that got in his way of being saved.
Let's say he was always sick,had no money,no food,etc....

Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Its like some have more obstacles than others.

But why do some have very little getting in their way of getting saved,and some do?

Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell93 View Post
To make this short and sweet Jehovah God loves all (he's a loving God). He doesn't hate anyone, he might be hurt and dislike your actions, but that's about it.

Ex. Homosexuals - Jehovah don't hate them; he loves them just as he loves everyone else, but he dislike their actions that they're doing.

And it's not just them. It replies to people who's fornicating, raping and killing others, etc.
I'm not talking about actions,or hate either. I'm probably talking about why others have more "unforseen occurences" occur than other people.
I'm talking about love. I know he doesn't hate anyone,but does he love equally?

Old 10-05-2012, 08:12 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,672,979 times
I believe He loves equally...but it is a hard concept to grasp...

Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Its like some have more obstacles than others.

But why do some have very little getting in their way of getting saved,and some do?

The "saving" has already been accomplished.
It is finished.
There are no obstacles.
All are safe in His hand.
ALL.

peace,
sparrow

Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,697,183 times
Quote:
This is where I'm coming from too.

For instance,the example I provided about the person who basically has had it all and gets saved,never had to wrooy about food,didn't get sick often,had family who loved them,etc...

Then the poor person,who always had an obstacle that got in his way of being saved.
Let's say he was always sick,had no money,no food,etc....
Well I can tell you what I learned in sociology , people who are poor or down are more likely to be religious vs rich / well off because they figure they don't need a god , they have it all anyways ..but chances of gettin saved are random to me . You can be rich or poor but it matters if the opportunity presents itself at the right time and have the personality/willingness to follow . I've tried to "connect" with god and I havent . But I have too in case he is going to send us to burn in hell for all eternity

Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 PM

63,953 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The "saving" has already been accomplished.
It is finished.
There are no obstacles.
All are safe in His hand.
ALL.
peace,
sparrow
Amen. The Christians who do not seem to understand this are a puzzle, sparrow . . . because they will acknowledge that it is Christ who did the saving . . . and He declared "It is finished." The twists of logic the human mind is capable of entertaining are forever an enigma.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Well I can tell you what I learned in sociology , people who are poor or down are more likely to be religious vs rich / well off because they figure they don't need a god , they have it all anyways ..but chances of gettin saved are random to me . You can be rich or poor but it matters if the opportunity presents itself at the right time and have the personality/willingness to follow . I've tried to "connect" with god and I havent . But I have too in case he is going to send us to burn in hell for all eternity
Is it me,or do posters on here write in poetry form, or just use strange terms that are not easy to understand?

I just don't understand the way some posters write on here.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,697,183 times
Quote:
Is it me,or do posters on here write in poetry form, or just use strange terms that are not easy to understand?

I just don't understand the way some posters write on here.
If it were more like poetry I think I could endure it and possibly write it down for future reference but I find people just paste vague bible scriptures and call it an answer , when you can look in the same book and find a conflicting verse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity