Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 PM

28 posts, read 40,165 times

Advertisements

I mean now I don't believe the whole thing about God not helping people financially is true. He probably answers to some individuals with their financial problems. I know that we face other extraordinary problems as a world superpower. I'm not saying the USA should have a right to be condescending of everyone else, I really do believe he should help all countries no matter what their condition. I understand God must work in mysterious ways, but doesn't he eventually carry out his outcome in the end? And why does God seem so jealous that he can't help anybody who doesn't think they need him? So I as a believer have to be responsibly held for my own government that infringes on my rights to freedom and prosperity because of non-believers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 09:58 PM

45,768 posts, read 27,415,967 times
Superpower - God is the only superpower. All so-called "superpowers" have fallen in the past. We will be no different.

Why doesn't God help our whole country? Sin - and lots of it. Deuteronomy 28 - blessings and cursings of a nation.

Israel is the earthly center for God - not the U.S.

Regarding you last sentence... you are responsible for your actions alone to God. However, in a collective sense because we live in the country, we will feel the consequences of a sinful society. Just like Jeremiah weeped when Israel was destroyed and taken captive. He didn't do anything wrong, but he was put in a well/mudpit for telling the truth.

If we follow Christ, we will suffer as He did.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,249,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpa View Post
I mean now I don't believe the whole thing about God not helping people financially is true. He probably answers to some individuals with their financial problems. I know that we face other extraordinary problems as a world superpower. I'm not saying the USA should have a right to be condescending of everyone else, I really do believe he should help all countries no matter what their condition. I understand God must work in mysterious ways, but doesn't he eventually carry out his outcome in the end? And why does God seem so jealous that he can't help anybody who doesn't think they need him? So I as a believer have to be responsibly held for my own government that infringes on my rights to freedom and prosperity because of non-believers?
Why would he? Do you think he's just a big Santa Claus or what? Throughout history, there were many nations around Israel that suffered, or even ones that he raised up in order to judge Israel. It was never about anyone but his people, though. It's always been about Israel...since the Messiah was going to come from them. Today, why doesn't he just bless everyone? I don't know. Maybe we'll find out when he returns someday. Maybe not. Ultimately it comes down to the fact that he has a reason for what he's doing.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:47 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,292,327 times
Quote:
America has not only turned her back on God but has made God her enemy. People in this country, especially young people, hate God and the Bible and the standards it demands. Just look at the things the non-believers on this forum say. Why should God bless America? Our culture today is far more akin to ancient Greece or Rome or even biblical Sodom and Gomorrah than it is the America of 50 years ago. America today is about sex, sex, and more sex. It's a nation where sexual freedom trumps all other freedoms. America is a nation of idolaters, fornicators, homosexuals, and God-haters. God has been very merciful to America. If justice was to be had, God would have completely destroyed this nation long ago but instead is slowly removing his hand of protection. America will be destroyed from the inside by her own iniquities.

As Christians, its our duty to live the best life we can for God. As long as there are people in America serving God, God will withhold his wrath from completely destroying the nation, though there certainly is to be some hard times. God would have spared Sodom if there would have only been 10 righteous people. America still has millions.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,719,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
America has not only turned her back on God but has made God her enemy. People in this country, especially young people, hate God and the Bible and the standards it demands. Just look at the things the non-believers on this forum say. Why should God bless America? Our culture today is far more akin to ancient Greece or Rome or even biblical Sodom and Gomorrah than it is the America of 50 years ago. America today is about sex, sex, and more sex. It's a nation where sexual freedom trumps all other freedoms. America is a nation of idolaters, fornicators, homosexuals, and God-haters. God has been very merciful to America. If justice was to be had, God would have completely destroyed this nation long ago but instead is slowly removing his hand of protection. America will be destroyed from the inside by her own iniquities.

As Christians, its our duty to live the best life we can for God. As long as there are people in America serving God, God will withhold his wrath from completely destroying the nation, though there certainly is to be some hard times. God would have spared Sodom if there would have only been 10 righteous people. America still has millions.
Amen...

Old 11-24-2012, 05:46 AM

35,802 posts, read 21,191,016 times
true Christians are few, many are lovers of themselves and forgot about serving God and loving ALL people, and replaced it with an agenda and preaching a feel good message . when we repent, then God can heal the land.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:00 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,067,141 times
God is helping the nation by regulating the greed and covetousness in the market .... As he abases the false prophet and greed through the investors who bring the economies up up up , and Jesus abases the greed and they go back down and all ups in the economies are only temporary because they could close down all business if unregulated and the markets only has limited funds , which the investors fail to understand ..... See the investor in America want to take all they can and the workers and the poor are no were in their plans , even the free trading which undercut the workers , are there for the investors to pocket any gain , with very little for workers and the poor ....spirit of the false prophet`s Outsourcing work to foreign nation and building a free economies for investors in a global market world is a dead end and will eventually close down all the wealthy nations ...... See America need to pay down it debt to survive, and See the election was way to close , as the nation is divided to do the job right and there is infighting which bring lame duck government to power.....God is not going to pay down the debt for America, but His plan is that people who are intelligent enough to do the job and pay their debts , to bet back to work

Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 AM

28 posts, read 40,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
America has not only turned her back on God but has made God her enemy. People in this country, especially young people, hate God and the Bible and the standards it demands. Just look at the things the non-believers on this forum say.
I'm sorry, but this is what I get sick of hearing on the forum: I'm sure there are plenty of seniors who love pissing on the crucifix as much as young people. Your possibly generalizing.

Additionally may I ask: Why does God allow us to decline and 'remove his hand' on America just because of a so few rotten enemies. The afterlife (heaven) sounds worse than being on Earth to me now. At least it's not hell though.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,657,354 times
Quote:
Attempting to make God the bad guy when in is MAN who brought it on ourselves..

Ezekiel 16:49
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

2 Peter 2:5-6

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Luke 13:2-5

2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God delights in mercy and would desire all would REPENT and turn to him again through Christ, but with a rebellious prideful generation and a JUST God WE have given him no choice when the cup reaches it's full.

"Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." Thomas Jefferson

The very fact that we are not wiped out CURRENTLY is a testimony of God's tremendous longsuffering and mercy as we've been the primary promoter of everything God hates for over the past 3 or so decades.

If you love your Children and how God has blessed this nation in its history the solution is REPENT. God Christ in his sovereignty could grant this nation revival for his glory.

If you don't repent, there is only one person that is to be blamed and it's not God.

God delights in mercy, and while it could be too late for this country it doesn't have to be too late for the individual.. God's Salvation is unmerited by his freely given Grace to the humble repentant HEART accepting Jesus Christ as their personal savior from Eternal Damnation and power of sin.

According to the Bible, when just one sinner repents through Christ all of Heaven rejoices!

Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,196,769 times
Is that what you use god for, a gifter of money and to control/ help your country.
Sounds selfish and misguided.

god give me money.

God; ho, ok seeing as you are worthy here you go.

God help our whole countr?.

God, sure What shall I do?
make everyone rich?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity