Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 PM

376 posts, read 419,675 times

Advertisements

I think it's common knowledge there are many and very clear OT laws the Jews were not allowed to eat certain food. The Acts verses don't specify the animals but I think it included pigs.
Please look at verse 15. The unclean pig is now declared clean by God, but obviously it's still a pig.
Sounds like God takes an unclean person and declares him or her clean. All the work seems to be done by God Himself. That seems the align with the Romans verse.
Your thoughts?

(Rom 4:5) But to him that works not, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

---------------------------------------------
(Acts 10:9) On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew near to the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

(Acts 10:10) And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

(Acts 10:11) And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending on him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

(Acts 10:12) Wherein were all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

(Acts 10:13) And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

(Acts 10:14) But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

(Acts 10:15) And the voice spoke to him again the second time, What God has cleansed, that call not you common.

(Acts 10:16) This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
The chapter has nothing to do with if unclean animals are now clean. Acts 10, is referring to Peter not referring to Gentiles as unclean.

Even if God did declare all things clean, he never mentioned the pig as was something to be eaten as food, so if we were to use that verse in Acts, we can now eat a rat, skunk, and a snake because all things are now clean.

When the entire is read in its context it makes sense.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The vision which Apostle Peter had was that the unclean animals which Peter seen was a metaphor for the gentiles people who where coming to be saved through the same grace of the gift from the Father of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit ...........Which Peter believed the gentiles were unclean-able , and salvation was only for the Jews ........... But Jesus was bringing Peter a different vision which the gentiles are now cleansed by the grace of God and saved ...........Still All believers who are save and cleansed will still be challenged by the unclean spirits , and will need to be cleansed throughout their temporal life of the earth , As sin of the earth is unbound , but Jesus will cleans believers by His gift of His blood judgments for covenant believers prayers .......What are believers cleansed from? ......... God puts in believers His Spirit who is righteousness of Jesus Christ , then dark spirits and indwelling spirits which brings challenges to God and His people will need to be removed as sin is pushed back in Believers faces in this dark world .........Believers who do not believe in demons or the devil and, or do not pray to be cleaned will have this spirits not of God on their life .....

Old 03-14-2013, 07:26 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
The chapter has nothing to do with if unclean animals are now clean. Acts 10, is referring to Peter not referring to Gentiles as unclean.

Even if God did declare all things clean, he never mentioned the pig as was something to be eaten as food, so if we were to use that verse in Acts, we can now eat a rat, skunk, and a snake because all things are now clean.

We can even eat other humans...

Old 03-14-2013, 07:36 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Uh, if you don't mind, I will pass. I will stick with the other white meat.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Go right ahead and let me know how that and a rattlesnake tastes.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 AM

376 posts, read 419,675 times
Quote:
The chapter has nothing to do with if unclean animals are now clean.
That's your view. God clearly said "eat".

Quote:
Acts 10, is referring to Peter not referring to Gentiles as unclean.
True.
But God drew parallels with unclean animals. We can't just ignore that for whatever reason.
(btw my post isn't about eating unclean animals)

Quote:
Even if God did declare all things clean, he never mentioned the pig as was something to be eaten as food,
God didn't mention any animal so we can only guess. That's why I wrote I assume a pig was on that sheet. When I write pig you may read an unclean animal of your choice.
The most important thing is that God said "eat that <unspecified> unclean animal".

Quote:
so if we were to use that verse in Acts, we can now eat a rat, skunk, and a snake because all things are now clean.
Yes.

Quote:
You seem to have overlooked the context of my little post
It wasn't about compiling a list of food we can eat. For me it's all about comparing unclean animals to unclean pagans. And then declare the animals/pagans clean.

Why are all who replied so very scared to actually respond to the topic at hand?
Doctrinal issues? Obviously the verses are about God's view on the extent of salvation and not about His favorite snacks.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
Uh, if you don't mind, I will pass. I will stick with the other white meat.
But, all meats are clean now, it says so in the Bible, ya know Peter's vision confirms it, we can eat anything we desire because HaShem made it all clean through the vision letting Peter know that we can eat all things..

Old 03-15-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Go right ahead and let me know how that and a rattlesnake tastes.
Like Chicken!....

Old 03-15-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
That's your view. God clearly said "eat".

True.
But God drew parallels with unclean animals. We can't just ignore that for whatever reason.
(btw my post isn't about eating unclean animals)

God didn't mention any animal so we can only guess. That's why I wrote I assume a pig was on that sheet. When I write pig you may read an unclean animal of your choice.
The most important thing is that God said "eat that <unspecified> unclean animal".

Yes.

You seem to have overlooked the context of my little post
It wasn't about compiling a list of food we can eat. For me it's all about comparing unclean animals to unclean pagans. And then declare the animals/pagans clean.

Why are all who replied so very scared to actually respond to the topic at hand?
Doctrinal issues? Obviously the verses are about God's view on the extent of salvation and not about His favorite snacks.
Take a look at the Mosaic Dietary Laws in Det. 11, I think...HaShem said of the clean animals that these you shall use for FOOD...The unclean list is NOT to be used for FOOD...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity