Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 PM

64,094 posts, read 40,395,194 times

Advertisements

God Bless you, Rodger for your wonderful contributions . . . and your tenacity in the face of such uncompromising intransigence about such a barbarous belief. What both religions fail to accept or even understand is that these views were created and promoted by ignorant savage barbarians who only knew a jealous and vengeful God. Christians have mitigated the impact of these barbarous views . . . but have not revised them in 2000+ years of enlightenment. The Muslims have NOT mitigated them at all and large numbers of them remain committed to the ancient barbarity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 01:14 PM

231 posts, read 328,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
...who only knew a jealous and vengeful God.
From what I understand, they teach both the love, grace, and mercy of God and the jealousy, wisdom, and judgement of God. In short, the whole council.

Universalists pick out only the verses suitable for care bears and Americans, and play semantics with the rest.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,418,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd83 View Post
From what I understand, they teach both the love, grace, and mercy of God and the jealousy, wisdom, and judgement of God. In short, the whole council.

Universalists pick out only the verses suitable for care bears and Americans, and play semantics with the rest.
Although there are at least fifteen translations that translate aion/aionios literally instead of interpretively, the most popular versions are translated interpretively.

Why did God allow the most popular versions of His written word to be interpretively translated instead of literally translated?

In my opinion the reason is the same reason why God allows all other evils to temporarily prevail, and that is because He is eventually going to make it better for everyone that He did so.

Probably, God could not have allowed a better foil of contrast of evil versus good than to let His written word to be mistranslated. Against the black background of the theological false doctrines of never ending suffering or annihilation God will paint His glorious masterpiece of universal transformation using the paint brushes of His love that can never fail, and His grace that cannot be defeated.

THE INTERPLAY OF GOOD AND EVIL – RAY PRINZING
“God is sovereign, and He controls all the interaction of evil and good, and causes all to redound to His own glory. It is not – what was lost by the fall was to be regained by redemption, BUT by the interaction of FALL AND REDEMPTION, God achieves greater, wiser, nobler, and higher goals for everyone than by the Adamic race remaining in its pristine state.

Evil and good are synchronized to accomplish God’s will and purpose, so that the ultimate goal shall reveal all evil transformed back into good, and all negation cancelled out by GOOD. Evil is allowed for wise ends, and when these are secured it must cease to exist, for God will restore all things into good. HE controls all the interaction between evil and good until His purpose of the ages is fulfilled. Then shall God be All in all.”

“We would not minimize the judgments of God, but the more the spirit of revelation unfolds the truth, the more we see God’s judgments in proper perspective, that they are remedial, corrective in their nature and used to bring forth a state of righteousness. They shall not be executed in unholy vengeance, for MERCY shall balance the score. God’s judgments are ever tempered with mercy, and when they have fulfilled their purpose, the judgments end. Mercy will outlast all the judgments, and will rejoice in the ultimate restoration of all that was perverted, corrupt, and evil.
Mercy can operate on the basis of justice because Christ has gathered the whole into His own heart, and suffered to reconcile all to Himself.”

Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
God Bless you, Rodger for your wonderful contributions . . . and your tenacity in the face of such uncompromising intransigence about such a barbarous belief. What both religions fail to accept or even understand is that these views were created and promoted by ignorant savage barbarians who only knew a jealous and vengeful God. Christians have mitigated the impact of these barbarous views . . . but have not revised them in 2000+ years of enlightenment. The Muslims have NOT mitigated them at all and large numbers of them remain committed to the ancient barbarity.
Quote:
It is not a matter of semantics. It is a matter of knowledge. Universalists use our current understanding of human psychology and motivations that reveal that jealousy, vengeance, wrath, enyv, egotism, etc.etc. are human psychological WEAKNESSES. We simply refuse to believe our God has ANY such weaknesses.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks Mystic.

I think the only mistake I probably am making is that I am probably grossly underestimating just how gloriously God will eventually achieve universal transformation.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
It is not a matter of semantics. It is a matter of knowledge. Universalists use our current understanding of human psychology and motivations that reveal that jealousy, vengeance, wrath, enyv, egotism, etc.etc. are human psychological WEAKNESSES. We simply refuse to believe our God has ANY such weaknesses.
Have you let God know that he is psychologically weak? I'm sure he would like to know. Close your eyes really tight, click your heals together three times, and repeat "I refuse to believe our God has ANY such weaknesses." It will magically erase the verses in the Bible that say God is jealous, a wise judge, and he will punish sin.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Have you let God know that he is psychologically weak? I'm sure he would like to know. Close your eyes really tight, click your heals together three times, and repeat "I refuse to believe our God has ANY such weaknesses." It will magically erase the verses in the Bible that say God is jealous, a wise judge, and he will punish sin.
Absolutely. God will punish sin.
That's what kolasis eonian is all about.
Chapter Eleven

Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Chapter Eleven
I'm not giving money to your website.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't need to erase anything . . . just read it with the "mind of Christ" (WWJT) to lift the "veil of ignorance" (blind minds) that seems to dominate reading the OT. Christ had NO such weaknesses and HE said when we see Him we see the Father. That is good enough for me and should be for ANY Christian. Sad you do not seem to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Chapter Eleven
Negative consequences will always be perceived as punishment by those who believe in a vengeful God, Rodger. But in truth . . . they are just negative consequences of violating God's established laws. We don't consider the negative consequences of violating God's physical laws (like the law of Gravity) as punishment. Why should we think violating His spiritual laws would be any different? We reap what we sow . . . but ONLY what we sow.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I'm not giving money to your website.
Rodger is NOT seeking money by posting his resources. If the Spirit moves you, donate . . . otherwise don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity