Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The truth is the truth.
Sure sounds more like your personal opinon, but hey...whatever gets you through the night.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,369,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is also something seriously wrong with people judging those who speak about the things Jesus talked about.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks?

Well, I suppose that could be why Jesus talked about it so much:

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life

The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

"Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire . . ."
I didn't think it would be long before a 100 bible believing literalist chimed in with something like this. If you only understood the bible is not a history book,and that which you read in the scriptures in general depicts our old and new nature, and the very thing that is being destroyed is not sinners, not Sodom and Gomorrah, not the Egyptians, not the Amalekites, but the old nature of the one you see in the mirror first thing in the morning,and whether you like it or not, the wrath of God is upon all of you which is not of him and will be thrown into the lake of fire, your Cain nature,your Esau nature, your Saul nature,your Judas nature, your old Finn Jarber nature, the old pcamps nature.........do you get my drift ?.............none of these names are in the lambs book of life and will end up in the lake of fire, for they are all names that symbolically speak of all that is not of God in us.

Put to death(you see plenty of death througout the OT, symbolically speaking of what happens to our carnal nature),but it is therefore what is earthly IN YOU(not your neighbor)sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Even your literal sheep and goats take is born out of the doctrines of men.

I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. This is not talking about the USA, England or Israel.

Last edited by pcamps; 05-02-2013 at 06:21 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The second half of Romans 1 has come up in past threads as God's revealing wrath in giving us over to sinful behavior.

So here's my question - are all of the gay people coming out an indicator of God's revealed wrath on this country?
While the politically correct people talk about peace, harmony, gay-equality, safety, tolerance, freedom from religion etc, the Bible says:

While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Quote:
although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them
Indeed. In the name of political correctness people approve anything these days.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-02-2013 at 07:14 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,253,820 times
Quote:
.whatever gets you through the night..
That would be something I learned from reading a biography of Pope John XXIII. Give your problems to the Holy Spirit and let the Holy Spirit worry about them.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The second half of Romans 1 has come up in past threads as God's revealing wrath in giving us over to sinful behavior.
The wrath of God is upon unbelief, and whatever is not of faith is sin. Give over with your "I believe in Jesus and the bible so I live by faith" lip service, listen to what comes out of your mouth for 5 minutes and discover that you don't, be honest with yourself, it'll set you free.

We are 100% bible believing Christians and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?â€

Old 05-02-2013, 08:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Quote:
While the politically correct people talk about peace, harmony, gay-equality, safety, tolerance, freedom from religion etc, the Bible says:

While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
The sentiments of the world is even prevalent within many of the posts on this forum through a religious heart.
It's those who profess the love and peace of God which is beyond comprehension to most, whom the world hates.
Quote:
Indeed. In the name of political correctness people approve anything these days.
And many disapprove through that of condemnation.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,955,553 times
I agree that the country is in the high road to trouble.

BUT it is not in the area of the OP, it is in the area of the pervasive selfishness and greed, both corporate and individual. If "judgement" comes it will be because we failed to turn that around.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

BUT it is not in the area of the OP, it is in the area of the pervasive selfishness and greed, both corporate and individual. If "judgement" comes it will be because we failed to turn that around.
Correct, it is not one thing alone. Romans 1 gives a long list of examples: homosexual acts, wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. Envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

Nateswift not saying this is you

It's really a reflection of the state of the church in my "opinion". All what is being judged, is found within the church.

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

You are condemning yourself, is the reason the 100% bible believer cannot stop speaking about sin.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Nateswift not saying this is you

It's really a reflection of the state of the church in my "opinion". All what is being judged, is found within the church.

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
Church = Followers of Christ. You might want to cut back on kicking mud on the church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity