Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 08:26 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,747,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
All you are doing is taking the pre-wrath position,.
anyone who takes any " position " will usually cease studying and praying and asking the Lord for wisdom .
just saying .. anyone who picks a theory and then just sits on their haunches isn't doing what he told those in the end
"season " to do . yes it is comforting to assume anything and everything we can about things we can't understand until they are happening... But it is comforting to assume that any part of any of them is actually true.
the only thing true is what scripture says not what men think about what the scriptures says. especially men with theories who have not seen this day and or our time.
we need to know his word old testaments and new . not old theories thus guesses about his word .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 02:48 AM

9,085 posts, read 4,781,020 times
He started out with:
"No. You're wrong. What you are actually pointing out is yet ANOTHER flaw of pre-trib; "
but when challenged he seems to go on the offense,
but without any defense of his position.

I find it pretty interesting that he said:
"arguments are not nonsensical, since the timeline of scripture is explicit."
But when I asked him where in The Revelation he would place the Rapture,
there was nothing but the sound of crickets.

Most people (of those educated on the Scriptures) can, at least point
to where they think the Rapture will occur. Some can point to the
exact verse, and explain how they came to that conclusion.

I am not dogmatic in my understanding of the end times,
but I have researched it over the years and am pretty
confident I understand what I espouse.

Maybe, if he listens to the Fundies on here, he can learn something.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:17 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,645,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I also forget to let you know that The Lord has been showing me tons of RV's I mean folks are going to get Rv's as rewards some get broken down barely running rv's but at least it is a rv. Here in https://www.lanavawser.com/2017/09/2...from-psalm-18/ what is more like a covered wagon used by pioneers than RV's ? ... so are these rV's./pioneers used to get to the Sukkah's / mountains? virgins using gas/oil to get to the brided groom? Or are they used to get from the mountains to Israel..... ISa 40....Because I know for sure he "small thing to bring up the Isles"
Isa 40:15
Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

and I believe he takes them there . maybe with RV's in it or maybe with RV's following the Isles . Man a whole new exodus on a massive scale. and the Arks are the sukkah /mountains of Light I believe. but might just be a coving with RV and trailers inside also.. we will see.... but he will take up the Isles . and maybe moving the animals by trailers.. he has showed me those trailers .. big animal haulers also.. but I think the kids are in the ('N ( Isles N is Aleph ))

so folks with RV need to get them in shape , thus full of oil and gas and ready to move every feast until 2020 at least. full of everything they might need for camping and traveling. because some might be going all the way to Israel in them..
ps anyone with an Rv who doesn't bring who they are supposed to help might not get inside.. so bring all christians you can and organize your church.. better get ready for this tabernacles and all feasts after !
in 200 years or less we make the next life form. But remember, its actually the universe doing it. Any suggestion otherwise is flat wrong and any line of logic from saying that the universe isn't doing "it" is seriously flawed.

Evolution is stressed to change and grow in complexity. To grow, evolution causes these stressors or some stressors like tectonic or astrological take place. In large extinctions its a bit of them all. A life form is doing it this time. But I bet something will happen to speed the event.

I think we do make the next life form with 2 or more discoveries like crispr cas9 and grow a 1/4 more cerebral cortex. It can fit in the present brain case. We might not even know how we did it, exactly, we'll just do it.

That person will no sooner understand us then we understand a chimp.

I wish people that don't understand what was said would just stay out of the conversation. The ones that think they know whats best and don't know how simple the possibility of what I just said are the problem. They are the milli fundy mentals.

the my omni dude only and "deny anything for atheism marketing" pea brains.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:22 AM

7,616 posts, read 6,126,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
in 200 years or less we make the next life form. But remember, its actually the universe doing it. Any suggestion otherwise is flat wrong and any line of logic from saying that the universe isn't doing "it" is seriously flawed.

Evolution is stressed to change and grow in complexity. To grow, evolution causes these stressors or some stressors like tectonic or astrological take place. In large extinctions its a bit of them all. A life form is doing it this time. But I bet something will happen to speed the event.

I think we do make the next life form with 2 or more discoveries like crispr cas9 and grow a 1/4 more cerebral cortex. It can fit in the present brain case. We might not even know how we did it, exactly, we'll just do it.

That person will no sooner understand us then we understand a chimp.

I wish people that don't understand what was said would just stay out of the conversation. The ones that think they know whats best and don't know how simple the possibility of what I just said are the problem. They are the milli fundy mentals.

the my omni dude only and "deny anything for atheism marketing" pea brains.
Not sure of the specifics but i think you are correct.H sapiens will eventually evolve into another species.

The "end times" is a concept that has fascinated and sparked many debates. In ancient times, superstitious people used religion as a means of pervading myths about humanities end. A very common thene was the return of a diety, a war perhaps in which good conquered evil and some paradise restored. This yearning for an ultimate end of pain and suffering drove all levels of clergy from shamans to priests to sell salvation and survival with a goal of ultimate domination. Not so attractive to the ruling class but a neccesity for the imprisoned, destitue and downtrodden who would never see utopia.

The other point is that throughout history, a sense of urgency has existed even back to ancient writings which would support a common and widespread belief that the final days of the planet were imminent and impending. Revelation is an example of a writing in which the wroter referenced current events and figures as to the impending armageddon and "Second Coming" which was believed widelynto happen within their lifetimes.

However, we know now in the 21st century that if and when such ending happened, it will be science, not religion, which will be the likely predictor. Everything from collision theories to deep space radiatin cursts would be more plikely than the fulfillment of a myth, though as life imitates art, countless humans will try to fihd religious meaning in any event, while charlitans try to decieve them of their power and money. That much of human nature we know.

So if one really wants to be fascinated with end times, look as astronomical phenomenon. Look at microbiology, especially virology, at the disease which evolve to control populations. Look too at global watming, the. Challenges of providing and nourishing for a growing population on a limited shrink8ng planet.
Look there to save humanity....it is a far more fulfilling and rewarding challenge than waiting and hoping for someone to return who likely never existed in thevfirst place.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
He started out with:
"No. You're wrong. What you are actually pointing out is yet ANOTHER flaw of pre-trib; "

rotf....... I see it one at rev 10. and again later which can be a repeated allegory of the harvest ...... but that is the rapture and resurrection..... where in the plan that happened/s I don't know and I am sure no one else does either.. but we are allowed to guess. and use clues from his word and his feasts . I think he makes it confused or we would all set back on our haunches and trust not him but own or the prevailing theories. but the church as a whole has neglected to develop their theories by confirming them with his biblical feast and their biblical seasons... and the very purpose they were created for was so that we would not forget.. but remember the goals , his goals . his goal is not to have his army fly away to sit on a cloud and be served ..
most ly they forget that our wedding clothes are ....7Let us rejoice and celebrate and give Him the glory. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready. 8She was given clothing of fine linen,” linen bright and pure. For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints. 9Then the angel told me to write, “Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”…

9O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

10Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

11He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

12Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

13Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counseller hath taught him?

14With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

15Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

none has happened yet.. but it will.. and HIS work is still before him even at that point.. we are not raptured to sit on a cloud.
so the whole purpose of the rapture /ingathering and of the protection of zion/ children/???? Bee hives has been lost in the church as a whole.. because they have not connected them to the concepts of work of a harvest seasons and work of new beginnings.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-07-2017 at 10:11 AM..

Old 10-07-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
in 200 years or less we make the next life form. .
yes man will and has and it is going to kill their very stupid ignorant fannies. what do you think he is trying to save humanity from dummy!

Old 10-07-2017, 10:42 AM

9,085 posts, read 4,781,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
rotf....... I see it one at rev 10. and again later which can be a repeated allegory of the harvest ...... but that is the rapture and resurrection..... where in the plan that happened/s I don't know and I am sure no one else does either.. but we are allowed to guess. and use clues from his word and his feasts .
Well, I see it differently than you, but at least your theory
is fairly well thought out and supported. And you don't
start out your post by insulting me, as he did.

But I will give him a few more hours to answer,
he may be having a busy day today.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
He started out with:

We are caught up to a higher place, even while we yet live.
There is no (physical) rapture, it's a greater understanding.

Although, you will just ignore the truth, once again.

BTW - being on ignore only shows you are clueless.
It doesn't stop people from responding or others from reading.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:49 PM

103 posts, read 77,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The "rapture" is an invented concept that only dates back about 150 years, but if some Christians want to believe it that's fine with me.

Too many Christians get all caught up (Ha, no pun intended) in details that won't really matter in the end. The important thing to know is, as long as you have your relationship with God solidly in place everything will be fine, no matter when or exactly how Jesus returns

Even after years of formal theological training, I never really concerned myself with the "timeline" of Jesus return.

I focus on the ever present Now which is a smidge of eternity and His presence in this moment. Today.

He'll get here when He gets here. It's none of my business really. Even Jesus said, "only God knows" (in a nutshell).

I wouldn't presume to second guess Him.

....but keep your lamps lit and your wits about you. That's all we're really called to do regarding His return.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The "rapture" is an invented concept that only dates back about 150 years, but if some Christians want to believe it that's fine with me.

Too many Christians get all caught up (Ha, no pun intended) in details that won't really matter in the end. The important thing to know is, as long as you have your relationship with God solidly in place everything will be fine, no matter when or exactly how Jesus returns
We are caught up to a higher place, even while we yet live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity