Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:27 AM

9,064 posts, read 4,754,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
- snipped many words... -

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Hmmmm, interesting take.
So, what do you believe is true?
And do you have anything to back up anything that you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Thanks for the info. I am not convinced that intgerpretation is true, but IMO it is worth considering/
Quote:
Everyone is lawless(Rom 3:10-11). We know how to be forgiven, do you?
As usual, I concur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 11:59 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,827,570 times
Quote:
The Bible studies presented to church groups these days are generally predigested simple ideology that one would feed to middle school aged kids. Most of it is garbage and totally inaccurate because it's written by people who want to make money selling their books. Truth and accuracy are the farthest things from their minds when the publish.

Publishers of Christian material have certain guidelines. The material cannot be controversial. It cannot offend anyone. It cannot use Biblical standards to question the moral or political agenda of the government or any elected official of said government. The material cannot caste aspersions upon popular definitions of what is or is not moral behavior. It cannot create guilt. It must redefine the Biblical basis for divine forgiveness and it must never ever mention or define repentance.

Above all, Christian publications must never mention the Law or its historic references in either the Torah or the Tanakh. The words and deeds of Jesus Christ must be carefully edited and if necessary omitted altogether. The man is an embarrassment to the post-modern church. His ministry as recorded in the five historic books of the Bible must be kept at arm's length. He is a person with dangerous ideas who must be dressed in robes of political correctness - admired as a figure but never seriously considered.

The ideology of the post-modern church is based on a misinterpretation and a lie. The misinterpretation is popularly known as the tribulation and the lie is known as the rapture. Both were popularized in the mid-19th century by John Nelson Darby. Here's where it gets sticky and where the lovers of fantasy part company with those who seek the truth........

Darby was the consort of witches. It's been said that a man is known by the company he keeps. If true then what may be said of ideas that met the approval of the synagogue of satan? Darby's ideas were accepted by D.L. Moody and Cyrus Scofield, who included it in his chain reference study bible. Scofield and Moody made the rapture ideology popular and popular ideas can be very lucrative. They still are.

The rapture is a doctrine of demons and quite possibly an idea that the fathers of the faith warned us to avoid. In any case, it does not glorify Christ or present the message of the Bible accurately. I began by writing about people who make money from books and end with the same assertion. It's all about the money. Not the truth.

Hooah

Old 10-01-2017, 12:51 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,593,882 times
Quote:
The Bible studies presented to church groups these days are generally predigested simple ideology that one would feed to middle school aged kids. Most of it is garbage and totally inaccurate because it's written by people who want to make money selling their books. Truth and accuracy are the farthest things from their minds when the publish.

Publishers of Christian material have certain guidelines. The material cannot be controversial. It cannot offend anyone. It cannot use Biblical standards to question the moral or political agenda of the government or any elected official of said government. The material cannot caste aspersions upon popular definitions of what is or is not moral behavior. It cannot create guilt. It must redefine the Biblical basis for divine forgiveness and it must never ever mention or define repentance.

Above all, Christian publications must never mention the Law or its historic references in either the Torah or the Tanakh. The words and deeds of Jesus Christ must be carefully edited and if necessary omitted altogether. The man is an embarrassment to the post-modern church. His ministry as recorded in the five historic books of the Bible must be kept at arm's length. He is a person with dangerous ideas who must be dressed in robes of political correctness - admired as a figure but never seriously considered.

The ideology of the post-modern church is based on a misinterpretation and a lie. The misinterpretation is popularly known as the tribulation and the lie is known as the rapture. Both were popularized in the mid-19th century by John Nelson Darby. Here's where it gets sticky and where the lovers of fantasy part company with those who seek the truth........

Darby was the consort of witches. It's been said that a man is known by the company he keeps. If true then what may be said of ideas that met the approval of the synagogue of satan? Darby's ideas were accepted by D.L. Moody and Cyrus Scofield, who included it in his chain reference study bible. Scofield and Moody made the rapture ideology popular and popular ideas can be very lucrative. They still are.

The rapture is a doctrine of demons and quite possibly an idea that the fathers of the faith warned us to avoid. In any case, it does not glorify Christ or present the message of the Bible accurately. I began by writing about people who make money from books and end with the same assertion. It's all about the money. Not the truth.

See post #8, which I'm sure you did but chose to ignore. The rapture is Biblical. See post #8.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:27 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,743,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I've already seen those who have taken the mark of the beast.
we forget all fours beasts in Dan 7 are system or nation.. they will make us take their mark/signatures.. so YEP.. so don't think it will have to be a person yet for the beastly system to start it.. ... but they are not forcing it yet either. when he comes they will force the people.. yep because they believe in "choice" and "freedom" no doubt they will be trying to "SAVE" someone or something.......

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-02-2017 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: fixed a quote tag

Old 10-01-2017, 01:42 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,743,295 times
Quote:
You are right that the rapture will not take place until the man of lawlessness is revealed(2 Thes 2:1-3). The man of lawlessness can't be revealed until he commits the abomination of desolation. If we accept that what Antiocus Ephanies did, slaughtered a pig in the holy place, as an allegory, then the temple must be rebuilt.

Dan 9:17 tell us the anti-Christ will make a covenant with the people for 1 week(7 years) but will break it after 3 1/2 years. IMO at some point in history a world leader will bring world peace, especially between the Jews and the Palestinians. He will break it after he has committed "the abomination of desolation. He does not have to kill a pig in the Holy of Holies. He will enter the Holy of Holies an proclaim to be God(Isa 14:13-14). For anyone not the high priest to enter the Holy of Holies would be an abomination to religious Jews.

Some think the anti-Christ will be Jew. I have a reference somewhere but don't want to take the time right now to find it. The numerical value of his name must add up to 666. As you know Hebrew letters have a numerical value. So we have 2 ways to identify Satan.

The last 3 1/2 years will be the great tribulation.

I am positive some of what I believe is not 100% accurate. Much of end time prophecies will only b e evident when they happen. I do believe my comments about identifying Satan during this time is accurate, and that tells us when to head for the mountains.

I don't see any reference to the rapture in Rev 3 or 12. In Rev 12, the woman, the church, is sent to a place where God will protect her during the great tribulation. The church will not be given literal wings, but a means of travel. "Also notice this will be for time, times and 1/2 a time, 3 1/2 years.

PS: I found it. Because of Gen 49:17 some think the anti-christ will not only be a Jew, he will be from the tribe of Dan.

I report, you decide.
I also forget to let you know that The Lord has been showing me tons of RV's I mean folks are going to get Rv's as rewards some get broken down barely running rv's but at least it is a rv. Here in https://www.lanavawser.com/2017/09/2...from-psalm-18/ what is more like a covered wagon used by pioneers than RV's ? ... so are these rV's./pioneers used to get to the Sukkah's / mountains? virgins using gas/oil to get to the brided groom? Or are they used to get from the mountains to Israel..... ISa 40....Because I know for sure he "small thing to bring up the Isles"
Isa 40:15
Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

and I believe he takes them there . maybe with RV's in it or maybe with RV's following the Isles . Man a whole new exodus on a massive scale. and the Arks are the sukkah /mountains of Light I believe. but might just be a coving with RV and trailers inside also.. we will see.... but he will take up the Isles . and maybe moving the animals by trailers.. he has showed me those trailers .. big animal haulers also.. but I think the kids are in the ('N ( Isles N is Aleph ))

so folks with RV need to get them in shape , thus full of oil and gas and ready to move every feast until 2020 at least. full of everything they might need for camping and traveling. because some might be going all the way to Israel in them..
ps anyone with an Rv who doesn't bring who they are supposed to help might not get inside.. so bring all christians you can and organize your church.. better get ready for this tabernacles and all feasts after !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-01-2017 at 02:26 PM..

Old 10-01-2017, 09:28 PM

10,508 posts, read 7,087,765 times
That it is pointless to think about. Our job is in the here and now.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:34 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,462,500 times
The Rapture is just an excuse for incompetence and laziness. People who are just waiting for the Rapture and who are not productive citizens in their nation is ungodly. Be competent in your field, and be a witness for Christ. True belief and spirituality will always produce a person of excellence, competence, and influence.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:49 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,593,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
The Rapture is just an excuse for incompetence and laziness. People who are just waiting for the Rapture and who are not productive citizens in their nation is ungodly. Be competent in your field, and be a witness for Christ. True belief and spirituality will always produce a person of excellence, competence, and influence.
So the apostle Paul was incompetent and lazy and wasn't productive? How many times does it need to be pointed out that Paul speaks of the rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17. See post #8. People have different views concerning whether the rapture occurs before, during, or after the Tribulation, but to deny that the Bible speaks of the rapture is ridiculous.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,635,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
My church has been doing a series of Sunday School lessons on the end times or eschatology. What ever view you hold, it's nothing to be divided over or even debate. It's just that I am curious about anyone's reasoning behind the view that you have because I never really studied eschatology enough to know where I stood.

But after finding out that there are 4 basic views, and carefully studying those 4 views, I have come to the conclusion that I hold to the traditional church's position that has been held for about 150 years. Jesus will return to rapture his church or believers as well as ressurrect those believers who are dead; the Great Tribulation happens, then after the Great Tribulation, the church returns with Jesus as He sets up his 1000 year or millennium kingdom on earth, and finally the great white throne judgment happens for those who rejected Him and those who have rejected Him are casted into the Lake of fire. Then we who are believers will be in the new heaven and earth with God and Jesus forever. So I hold the pre-tribulation/premillennialist view.
well, when the aliens show up or we make the next form and you call them, or it, god, us regulars can only hope they are vegans.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:51 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,002,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I also forget to let you know that The Lord has been showing me tons of RV's I mean folks are going to get Rv's as rewards some get broken down barely running rv's but at least it is a rv. Here in https://www.lanavawser.com/2017/09/2...from-psalm-18/ what is more like a covered wagon used by pioneers than RV's ? ... so are these rV's./pioneers used to get to the Sukkah's / mountains? virgins using gas/oil to get to the brided groom? Or are they used to get from the mountains to Israel..... ISa 40....Because I know for sure he "small thing to bring up the Isles"
Isa 40:15
Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

and I believe he takes them there . maybe with RV's in it or maybe with RV's following the Isles . Man a whole new exodus on a massive scale. and the Arks are the sukkah /mountains of Light I believe. but might just be a coving with RV and trailers inside also.. we will see.... but he will take up the Isles . and maybe moving the animals by trailers.. he has showed me those trailers .. big animal haulers also.. but I think the kids are in the ('N ( Isles N is Aleph ))

so folks with RV need to get them in shape , thus full of oil and gas and ready to move every feast until 2020 at least. full of everything they might need for camping and traveling. because some might be going all the way to Israel in them..
ps anyone with an Rv who doesn't bring who they are supposed to help might not get inside.. so bring all christians you can and organize your church.. better get ready for this tabernacles and all feasts after !
IMO it is still to early to head for the mountains, but at least you will be ready. When the Jews start rebuilding the temple, keep a tank full of gas. Even then you will have 2-3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity