Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 10:54 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,752,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
That it is pointless to think about. Our job is in the here and now.
you hope.. 5 were still virgins but could not get to the bridegroom on time. they had to go get fuel ..... which might be really really long lines.. .. good luck..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
IMO it is still to early to head for the mountains, but at least you will be ready. When the Jews start rebuilding the temple, keep a tank full of gas. Even then you will have 2-3 years.
just sayin you'al been warned right ? and certainly not early to think about it and pray about it and start making plans if needed . no not early at all.

all I know for sure is tabernacles is coming and it will happen and it is happening Because lady Zion( daughter of Zion ( do word search ) which is his government probably has been crowned a few weeks back ..... and on what level and to what degree it starts dwelling with us in the physical way ... well rev 12 says is like a baby I suspect , because it is a young child who is caught up to the Father right ? then the Father starts playing " come sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool" ...... I can't guess yet exactly which year or which feasts these will happen on.. . but it may or may not take a few years for it to become "apparent " or " obvious " or "Self evident" or POP UP , raise from the earth. or angels bring it ..( rev 10 ) . I mean it took 30 years for the Magi to be proved right.
Just keep gas in your rv's , 4 wheelers and motocycles anything that moves ..... some wont be to proud to get there in 4 wheelers and tents... just sayin

Old 10-02-2017, 07:45 PM

10,519 posts, read 7,124,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you hope.. 5 were still virgins but could not get to the bridegroom on time. they had to go get fuel ..... which might be really really long lines.. .. good luck..
Then you missed the entire point. He was simply saying to live a godly and sober life.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:07 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,838,755 times
Quote:
Then you missed the entire point. He was simply saying to live a godly and sober life.
That may only be the plain meaning.

Imagine if you will that the Lord taught in parables.
And only explained a certain number of them to the disciples and this was recorded in the gospel accounts of the 4 books most have read and know of.
Matt., Mark., Luke, John.

So have you ever thought about the other parables the Lord taught and the meanings of such.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
NO! you missed the point of the parable . It wasn't 5 worldly harlots.. but ten virgins. So obviously " Godly, but obliviously one half of the virgins ( untouched by the world ) won't get there in time because they thought they knew what they needed and they wanted a lift to the party..., they must not have asked HIM!!! maybe they will be standing in line for gas/oil/ fuel when the doors are shut and they are left out . but they were good and Godly.... just not wise and mostly they were not not ready .. he is the bridegroom it is our job to be ready to go to him or do what he says.. .. or wait through the 3 more years of tribulation time for the rapture....

you are all too busy mocking to get ready for this tabernacles.. better pray and hope it is next tabernacles or other feast .
and then not pray The Lords prayer all year because you sure didn't mean it this year did you guys?

Old 10-02-2017, 09:12 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,838,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
My church has been doing a series of Sunday School lessons on the end times or eschatology. What ever view you hold, it's nothing to be divided over or even debate. It's just that I am curious about anyone's reasoning behind the view that you have because I never really studied eschatology enough to know where I stood.

But after finding out that there are 4 basic views, and carefully studying those 4 views, I have come to the conclusion that I hold to the traditional church's position that has been held for about 150 years. Jesus will return to rapture his church or believers as well as ressurrect those believers who are dead; the Great Tribulation happens, then after the Great Tribulation, the church returns with Jesus as He sets up his 1000 year or millennium kingdom on earth, and finally the great white throne judgment happens for those who rejected Him and those who have rejected Him are casted into the Lake of fire. Then we who are believers will be in the new heaven and earth with God and Jesus forever. So I hold the pre-tribulation/premillennialist view.
To be honest I don't have the slightest idea what a terminology could ever teach.

I can only assume that this language is for those that haven't read the Law and the prophets, the scriptures."old testament". Or much of any of what is recorded in matt,mark,luke,john,acts,paul's letters."new testament".

It was one verse that I loved most in rev. 21;13.

So i seeked, knocked, and asked about this tabernacle(Mishkan).

And to find such a wonderous place was spoken about to Moses himself. With instructions and all.

I was so excited to tell everyone about what I found.

Yet, here again, and no one is helping with building anything more than doctrines I guess.
Doctrines are what I call terminologies. Nothing more than a distraction as far as I can tell.

So what day is it today again?

Old 10-03-2017, 03:30 AM

9,168 posts, read 4,831,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post

So what day is it today again?
And the evening and the morning are the 6th Day.
Today is still a Day of Grace.
But, when darkness falls, it will be the Day of The Lord,
spoken of by Joel the Prophet.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:50 AM

10,519 posts, read 7,124,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
NO! you missed the point of the parable . It wasn't 5 worldly harlots.. but ten virgins. So obviously " Godly, but obliviously one half of the virgins ( untouched by the world ) won't get there in time because they thought they knew what they needed and they wanted a lift to the party..., they must not have asked HIM!!! maybe they will be standing in line for gas/oil/ fuel when the doors are shut and they are left out . but they were good and Godly.... just not wise and mostly they were not not ready .. he is the bridegroom it is our job to be ready to go to him or do what he says.. .. or wait through the 3 more years of tribulation time for the rapture....

you are all too busy mocking to get ready for this tabernacles.. better pray and hope it is next tabernacles or other feast .
and then not pray The Lords prayer all year because you sure didn't mean it this year did you guys?
As someone who seems to think he is the only one with scriptural knowledge, I think you're going to be awfully surprised when you reach heaven and find all those people there who don't agree with you.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:50 AM

9,168 posts, read 4,831,417 times
Quote:
As someone who seems to think he is the only one with scriptural knowledge, I think you're going to be awfully surprised when you reach heaven and find all those people there who don't agree with you.
n..Xuipa might think he/she is the only one here with Scriptural knowledge, because half dozen of the most prolific posters on here continually show that they are bereft of it. Being constantly bombarded by imbecilic statements can easily lead someone to overestimate their knowledge.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:41 AM

well I have adequate scriptural knowledge , Ok astronomical knowledge and quite excellent natural sciences knowledge. Good to excellent true historical knowledge .. but mostly what I have is an inside spiritual knowledge of the Lord and his workings in this hour.. , it seems he likes me a little bit sometimes.... because " Jesus Loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so .." ps minivan lady, I am a lady also!
and so far with my trails , trials and testing and mostly fightings with him.. I have seen my reward so far... trust me when I say he likes me sometimes.
Have you seen your wagon and animal hauler and rewards ?
well I was mad at him for all this he was showing me this last year because of what he was showing me as rewards was all kinds of stuff I didn't want I can't even drive could never use ... stuff so over the top I couldn't even image owning it or using it for that matter .. . until he told me WHY I wanted it.. it is time to get a little worried! worried some...at least worried enough to watch without mocking everything you don't understand or the church doesn't understand yet.. ! but don't worry to much lady you and your whole family can sleep in your mini van for 3 years if your invited and can get there in it right ..right? or you can all stay where you are and wait for someone to come get you and sleep in maybe a tent.. is that ok with you ? or maybe become a wise virgin instead of just a wise( donkey)one. or you can wait for someone else to do it for you. your choice. good luck little sister.
or you can seek his word and pray about it.. I do give scriptures all the way through this. your choice.. ps God invented choices..
you all might want to study the book of enoch also.. because it mostly about the end of the ages.. there is a day like Micah and ZEP when the in Israel spends the whole day on the face because of the large company of
wagons/ "Carts" and something floating crossing the red sea about and coming into from eEthiopia/ "from the south" and they can see it in Isreal.. it is so huge they spend the whole on their faces watching it come.... .. so there is so much no one in the churches knows. just know but it is all in the bible and confirmed in the Book Of Enoch ... it seems it just isn't anyones favorite verse , or in the right chapters or the minor prophetic books they or anyone actually read .. or maybe everybody just wants to Go to heaven and float on a cloud and have the angels serve you .. and to h*ll with the earth... and God's earthly reign from Israel.. he should expect anyone to be ready and have to do something also..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-03-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity