Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of superiority.
NO I suspect it is really the illusion of spirituality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,823 times
oops I posted the wrong video. try this one.. Cahns video is excellent just not about Tu-biShvat this winter after Chanukah... but the fruit is being judged now .. so interesting.... since the first blood moons what 4 years ago would make these blood moons about the 4th year .... so the last set of bloodmoon feasts to these next blood moons at least thought provoking and worthy of prayer and reflection and always repentance..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ovG_9ZNNXA

Old 10-06-2017, 04:14 AM

2,673 posts, read 2,240,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Only the weak minded would think that American Christians won't have to suffer. The cause of that suffering is where Pre-Trib Christians differ from post trib. Pre-Trib Christians should expect to suffer at the hand of the unbelieving world. The fatal flaw of post trib is: it teaches that God will pour out His wrath on the Bride of Jesus.

No. You're wrong. What you are actually pointing out is yet ANOTHER flaw of pre-trib; that you guys don't understand what the post trib position on the matter is. Namely, the tribulation and the wrath are two separate events. Kind of like the error that pre-tribbers make when they say the other side "doesn't believe in the rapture".

Old 10-06-2017, 05:00 AM

9,000 posts, read 4,697,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
No. You're wrong. What you are actually pointing out is yet ANOTHER flaw of pre-trib; that you guys don't understand what the post trib position on the matter is. Namely, the tribulation and the wrath are two separate events. Kind of like the error that pre-tribbers make when they say the other side "doesn't believe in the rapture".
All you are doing is taking the pre-wrath position, or something similar to the mid-trib position, and labeling everything before some arbitrary catechism as tribulation, and labeling everything after as wrath, a twisting of words that allows you to argue endlessly for a nonexistent distinction without a difference.

I don't have time for such nonsensical arguments, as they go no where, and take all day to not get there.

I shall simply agree to disagree with you on this point, and Jesus can settle it between us, later.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:35 PM

2,673 posts, read 2,240,085 times
Quote:
All you are doing is taking the pre-wrath position, or something similar to the mid-trib position, and labeling everything before some arbitrary catechism as tribulation, and labeling everything after as wrath, a twisting of words that allows you to argue endlessly for a nonexistent distinction without a difference.

I don't have time for such nonsensical arguments, as they go no where, and take all day to not get there.

I shall simply agree to disagree with you on this point, and Jesus can settle it between us, later.

The tribulation is during the reign of the antichrist and is caused by the antichrist primarily.

The wrath is the punishment of the antichrist and the fallen world by God.

The arguments are not nonsensical, since the timeline of scripture is explicit. There is no mid-trib rapture, since the second coming and the first resurrection of the dead do NOT occur in the middle of the tribulation. And there is no translation of the living believers until AFTER the first resurrection. And there is no first resurrection until the antichrist appears. Per scripture.

So, calling them nonsensical is primarily the act of someone who... doesn't read scripture or doesn't believe it.

The purpose of the rapture is to translate believers into incorruptible flesh. It's not an escape from anything save mortality and death.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
The purpose of the rapture is to translate believers into incorruptible
flesh. It's not an escape from anything save mortality and death.
I do not wish to argue with you, but am curious where,
in the book of The Revelation, would you place the Rapture?

Old 10-06-2017, 02:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
I do not wish to argue with you, but am curious where,
in the book of The Revelation, would you place the Rapture?
We are caught up to a higher place, even while we yet live.
There is no (physical) rapture, it's a greater understanding.

Although, you will just ignore the truth.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:01 PM

7,598 posts, read 6,099,558 times
The "End times" cannot be known, but here is the most likely scenario. Humans, through their own shortcomings, manage to avoid extincting themselves, but through human efforts, are saved. Eventually, in 100,000 or so years, H sapiens evolves into a newer srecies or subspecies

In several billion years, I can tell you this one for certain. The Sun, as it begins to burn itself out of fuel, will enlarge such that the heat from it vaporizes the planet, and any life on the planet earth, if any, will be immediately be obliterated. That is about the only "sure thing" for end times.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I can tell you this one for certain.
I can tell you this one thing for certain.
In addition to:
Jerwade -ignore-
nateswift -ignore-
pcamps -ignore-
Pleroo -ignore-
TroutDude -ignore-
Wardendresden -ignore-
zthatzmanz28 -ignore-

I now have:
LargeKingCat -ignore-

So, that is one more poster I will not see posts from.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:18 PM

7,598 posts, read 6,099,558 times
Quote:
I can tell you this one thing for certain.
In addition to:
Jerwade -ignore-
nateswift -ignore-
pcamps -ignore-
Pleroo -ignore-
TroutDude -ignore-
Wardendresden -ignore-
zthatzmanz28 -ignore-

I now have:
LargeKingCat -ignore-

So, that is one more poster I will not see posts from.
LMAO !!!!!!

I guess my explanation was probably too cerebral for his little Texas mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity