Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Here we go again, condemning people using verses that they themselves don't understand.

If hell is soooo important and soooo dangerous, then WHY didn't the early church preach about it????? It's NOT in the book of Acts, and PAUL didn't write about it.

So WHY??????

Perhaps it's because of something Jesus said a bit earlier: "I have many things to tell you, but you cannot hear them now."

SECONDLY,

WHY do so many Christians DOUBT the POWER of GOD? Do you REALLY think it's anything difficult for the CREATOR of ALL things, including all men, to change their hearts? Do you?? Really??

Peace.
brian
Sounds like a dare .... are you soooooo big headed to dare GOD when Jesus has the authority to exercise his POWER as he said he will in Matthew 25:31-46 as Jesus said he has such POWER to do in John 5:30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
No,actually it wasn't....so,are you talking now as you go through this life or after death?
Yes, I double checked and my question was to plain and simple.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:27 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Yes, I double checked and my question was to plain and simple.
Ok..I get what you are trying to spin and skew then if that's your answer...play with someone with less bible knowledge then and I am sorry for them if they buy what you are attempting to sell

http://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en...mothy%202%3A15

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Ok..I get what you are trying to spin and skew then if that's your answer...play with someone with less bible knowledge then and I am sorry for them if they buy what you are attempting to sell

2 Timothy 2:15 - Bible Gateway
I'm not sure what your saying. My question was not for you and that is all I responded to you with. If you have a specific question for me, then ask it. My question before was for plain and simple. You responded initially as if you wanted me to clarify my question as if it was directed to you.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:23 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
I think you should clarify your question...are you speaking of GOD doing this as you live in this world or are you meaning prior to judgment or what?are you talking about after someone has excepted Christ?or is in GOD's will?

It sounds to me as if you are shooting for a twisting of scripture and trying to back universalism..is that the game?
These are the questions I asked of you
Quote:
Are you saying that what God said in Hebrews is not correct?
In response to this post...if I am not allowed to partipate in the discussion on an open thread,perhaps a DM to the poster you were addressing would've been a better way for you to communicate with them...now THAT'S simple enough for you isn't it?

So...are you asking about this prior to death or after death? If you are asking prior to death then imho its very true...if you are asking will/can it be done after death then my answer would be "GOD can do anything he wants,but there is scriptural evidence saying he will NOT do that...there's zero scripture to say that he would do it."

Old 08-22-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
These are the questions I asked of you

In response to this post...if I am not allowed to partipate in the discussion on an open thread,perhaps a DM to the poster you were addressing would've been a better way for you to communicate with them...now THAT'S simple enough for you isn't it?

So...are you asking about this prior to death or after death? If you are asking prior to death then imho its very true...if you are asking will/can it be done after death then my answer would be "GOD can do anything he wants,but there is scriptural evidence saying he will NOT do that...there's zero scripture to say that he would do it."
You wanted me to clarify a question to plain and simple. I didn't want to clarify the question unless he asked. I want to keep it open enough for him to answer as he desires and go from there. Now if you askikng me these questions because you want to debate me then that is a different matter and not a problem. I'm not shutting you out. I just don't want plain and simple to answer to my question as I'll clarify it to you.

No, this is not prior or after death. God can take sinful nature away at anytime He has chosen. Some are having that nature taken away now. Some will have that nature removed later after their resurrection.

Sorry, I need to add that there is plenty of scriptural references showing that He is indeed going to do that. How many times have you seen where God says that He will expose those to punishment after they are resurrected? That punishment is to bring about that curtailment of their evil nature.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:35 AM

Mudskipper, you also seem to be challenging me regarding the subject so tell me what is your position on the ultimate fate of the wicked? What happens to them? Do you believe in eternal torment? annihilationism? I have been an advocate for both in the past but not any longer. My position is firmly universlism at this time.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,649,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Here we go again, condemning people using verses that they themselves don't understand.
So please enlighten us and tell us what those verses mean then. Why do universalists ALWAYS, 100% of the Time, WITHOUT FAIL, NEVER EVER attempt to explain the verses that talk about hell? All you do is divert people's attention away from them with verses YOU take out of context.

Quote:
If hell is soooo important and soooo dangerous, then WHY didn't the early church preach about it????? It's NOT in the book of Acts, and PAUL didn't write about it.
Jesus spoke about hell. Often. How is it that you disregard His words and teachings? And Paul DID speak about hell:

While Christ did die for sinners, He also died as a demonstration of God's righteousness. Paul makes this clear when he says, “being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus" (Romans 3:24-26). In other words, Paul says that although God didn’t immediately punish the sins of those who lived before Christ and extended mercy to them, He did not forget about justice. Instead, His righteousness (i.e. His justice) was demonstrated by Christ’s death on the cross. So God’s mercy was and is exercised through His justice.

Quote:
So WHY??????
I just addressed your points and explained. Would you be so kind as to return the favor? Explain the verses in Matthew that I first quoted. They are the words of Jesus Himself.

Quote:
SECONDLY,

WHY do so many Christians DOUBT the POWER of GOD? Do you REALLY think it's anything difficult for the CREATOR of ALL things, including all men, to change their hearts? Do you?? Really??

Peace.
brian
Who is doubting the power of God? This is the Universalist distraction to divert attention away from their ability to explain the scriptures about hell. It's the straw man argument. The "go to" line they use to take the attention off of themselves without EVER ONCE explaining the verses about scripture.

In this thread you and treetop have only asked questions of others. It's your turn to answer a few questions.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that what God said in Hebrews is not correct?
See? No answering the question. Deflection only.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You wanted me to clarify a question to plain and simple. I didn't want to clarify the question unless he asked. I want to keep it open enough for him to answer as he desires and go from there. Now if you askikng me these questions because you want to debate me then that is a different matter and not a problem. I'm not shutting you out. I just don't want plain and simple to answer to my question as I'll clarify it to you.

No, this is not prior or after death. God can take sinful nature away at anytime He has chosen. Some are having that nature taken away now. Some will have that nature removed later after their resurrection.

Sorry, I need to add that there is plenty of scriptural references showing that He is indeed going to do that. How many times have you seen where God says that He will expose those to punishment after they are resurrected? That punishment is to bring about that curtailment of their evil nature.
I will respond to your questions after you respond to mine. You responded to me without addressing the point of my post. (Deflection) Explain the first scriptures in Matthew that I quoted in my first post here. Didn't Jesus mean what He said? Site your scriptural support for your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity