Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 07:13 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

The above post is my nominee for the most mind-numbingly weird post in this forum, this year. Perhaps any year.
Do we have a thread for that? On another forum I frequent there is a "wisdom Thread," why not this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 07:20 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
My guess is that Christians will suffer persecution in the future, as the trend against Christian teachings continues in society. My guess is that genuine Christians will be marginalized in society, not unlike the Amish. But being killed or having your property confiscated, I don't see it, at least in the near future. You never know for sure though.

The Amish are not marginalized. They have chosen to keep themselves removed from modern society to keep their faith. Something many devout or supposedly devout Christians should take note of.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:21 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Islam is intent on taking over the world.
They have already taken over the city of London, and many areas of France are no-go zones for white folk.

They have growing enclaves in the US.
Yes, Christians will be persecuted along with any white American.
Look for a 3-way race war in the near future.
There are plenty of white Muslims. I think your problem may be with brown people in addition to people of other faiths.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:

The above post is my nominee for the most mind-numbingly weird post in this forum, this year. Perhaps any year.
Then you'd really get a kick out of the 91st Psalm.

But you make my point, the world sees believing God as weird today and probably criminal tomorrow.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
in the countries u mentioned they kill Christians
in america ,well so far if u decide to come to the house and kill me I am allowed to do something about it but many want to change that
do u think the pilgrims would have been killed by their adversaries if they were defenseless?
Do we practice our religion as passifists or as the pilgrims
???

Old 09-28-2013, 10:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Then you'd really get a kick out of the 91st Psalm.

But you make my point, the world sees believing God as weird today and probably criminal tomorrow.
I believe in a Creator and don't feel at all weird.

Nor, I suspect, will I ever be criminalized for that belief.

What does that do to your point?

Old 09-29-2013, 05:19 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Depression Survivor View Post
Some would argue Christians in America are being persecuted. To some extent that may be true. What I mean is will we ever be treated as Christians in Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Egypt and Syria are?
If they will be, they'd probably be persecuted by people who want to unify the church. No groups have the combined numbers and motive except Christians, to persecute Christians.

Muslims are too small of a minority and atheists are too small of a minority and probably wouldn't want to persecute their relatives. Most of them come from Christian families in our nation, at this time. If atheists grow in number, we still have quite awhile till most lack Christian grandparents.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:22 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
I believe in a Creator and don't feel at all weird.

Nor, I suspect, will I ever be criminalized for that belief.

What does that do to your point?
Without violating Terms, you say you believe in a Creator - but is that belief compelling you to live in a manner spelled out in Hebrews 11? As the world has more and more disdain for unscientific explanations and methodologies, true believers will shine (Isa 60).

Old 09-29-2013, 02:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Without violating Terms, you say you believe in a Creator - but is that belief compelling you to live in a manner spelled out in Hebrews 11? As the world has more and more disdain for unscientific explanations and methodologies, true believers will shine (Isa 60).
TroutDude has shared his beliefs and the path he walks many times. They may not be your beliefs but they are his beliefs and, from everything he's posted, I'd say he's a true believer.

From sharing his beliefs I've learned TroutDude believes many things the Native Americans have believed for hundreds of years. And THEY'VE been persecuted for their beliefs since the European Christians landed on these shores and decided the Natives needed to change what they believe.

Just something to think about while Christians complain they're being persecuted. If anyone here knows of Christians in this country being forced to cut their hair and change their clothes and stop speaking their language and be forced onto reservations and herded into schools where they are indoctrinated with someone else's religion I'd love to see a link to that posted. I'll read it.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-29-2013 at 03:06 PM..

Old 09-29-2013, 03:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
I looked up Hebrews 11.

Not my cuppa. I don't believe in Genesis, or the flood, or much of the OT.

Science and spirituality can walk apace. Perhaps you will never grasp that but your children, or theirs, will learn it to be true.

Dew: You can have my back in the rough side of town, anytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity