Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:28 PM

6 posts, read 4,557 times

Advertisements

Some would argue Christians in America are being persecuted. To some extent that may be true. What I mean is will we ever be treated as Christians in Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Egypt and Syria are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 06:44 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Will American Christians Be Persecuted?
No, they won't, Survivor. No offense but you're reading too many of those "Left Behind" novels.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:05 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No, they won't, Survivor. No offense but you're reading too many of those "Left Behind" novels.
Why is that? Explain.......

Old 09-23-2013, 07:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
American Christians have it the best of any group of Christians in history. Pulling the persecution card is ridiculous.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Depression Survivor View Post
Some would argue Christians in America are being persecuted. To some extent that may be true. What I mean is will we ever be treated as Christians in Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Egypt and Syria are?
Many people don't know this, but right now--even as we type--groups of Marxist/atheists are working with the Islamofascists and the various public labor unions to build internment camps for Christians. Your Bibles will be burned; and you will be forced to choose between renouncing Christmas, or living in a fenced-in FEMA camp.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:01 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I never thought I would ever see the day that a person would be called a bigot just for stating truths in the Bible but it happens right here on this forum. I also wonder why anyone would be so bold as to deny Bible truths. Yes, it will happen and the signs of the times make it look not far off.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Some would argue Christians in America are being persecuted. To some extent that may be true.
Persecuted? Where is all this persecution?

Christians have the same freedoms as every single other American. You are free to go to the church of your choosing. You can buy a Bible at Barnes and Noble. (I can buy one at my local gas station. I can also buy a Christian greeting card at the grocery store.) Football players win the Super Bowl, get on national television and thank their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. No one looks them up later on to take them off to jail. Christian jewelry is for sale at Sears. You can go into a ballot booth and vote for the Christian of your choice. Don't see one on the ballot? You can write in the name of your favorite Christian and put it in the ballot box.

The most popular show on TV is Duck Dynasty. The episode I saw last night ended with a family prayer at the supper table thanking Jesus Christ for Miss Kay's delicious frog legs.

Please tell us where the persecution is in all of that.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-23-2013 at 08:51 PM..

Old 09-23-2013, 08:50 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
My guess is that Christians will suffer persecution in the future, as the trend against Christian teachings continues in society. My guess is that genuine Christians will be marginalized in society, not unlike the Amish. But being killed or having your property confiscated, I don't see it, at least in the near future. You never know for sure though.

It is starting in little ways. For example, in Obamacare. First they said that religious organizations had to pay for birth control, even if their teachings were clearly against it. Then recently it came to light if a church organization had their medical plans through that organization, they would not be eligible for the subsidy from the government that others would be eligible for.

I think the most likely thing to happen in the near future is for churches to lose any tax exempt status that they enjoy now.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:54 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Many people don't know this, but right now--even as we type--groups of Marxist/atheists are working with the Islamofascists and the various public labor unions to build internment camps for Christians. Your Bibles will be burned; and you will be forced to choose between renouncing Christmas, or living in a fenced-in FEMA camp.
Pure BS.

Propaganda by the LaHayne-Jenkins camp to boost sales of its "Left Behind" series of ridiculous rapture/tribulation novels.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:57 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
Quote:
1. If you are a survivor from the depression of the 30's, then good for you.
2. At this moment, Christians in America are NOT being persecuted. That is hogwash.
3. If Bible prophecy is correct, then people in the future, who don't receive the "Mark of the Beast" will not be able to buy or sell, own property, be employed, nor probably be citizens of the U.S. ALL privileges will be taken away.
4. Considering that the Pre-Trib Rapture doctrine is nonsense, then Christians who refuse to get this "Mark" WILL be persecuted and killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity