Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 01:09 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Then you have not done what you seem to tell me you need to do. You, like me, are a sinner in need of a savior. Either you will pay for your sin, or you need a savior to do so.
First of all, I am not telling you or asking you to do anything, second of all you cannot escape who you believe you are, you do not need to do anything ............... As a man thinks in his heart SO IS HE. I know you have no idea what I'm saying.

Believe me you are paying for your sin, scripture teaches we reap what we sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 01:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,028,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Have you read what John the Baptist said to them who asked him what to do to avoid the coming wrath. You cannot help but believe it is not a future event.

What John warned them about was not hell but rather what was coming on that generation, wicked and perverse. Rather than getting "hell" they got 70 A.D. destruction of Jerusalem.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:17 PM

68 posts, read 61,916 times
You ignored my original post to you Vizio, i'll repost it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Your failing to understand what 1 Tim 2:4-6 actually says on a basic level. That's the beginning of your failure to understand.

The passage says God wants all to be saved. OK? God also wishes that we'd all live sinless lives....but do we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
That argument actually goes against eternal torment. If God wants mankind to be sinless, and God's purpose prevails than mankind will be sinless:

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

on the morrow John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, `Lo, the Lamb of God, who is taking away the sin of the world; John 1:29

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 2nd Peter 3:13

We don't live sinless lives because our walk with Christ is in part until he returns, NOT because God is powerless to accomplish his purpose for man:

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 1 Corinthians 13:9-10

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you a Calvinist? Don't they believe that God's purpose will prevail over mans heart?

Old 12-18-2013, 01:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,264,270 times
Quote:
First of all, I am not telling you or asking you to do anything, second of all you cannot escape who you believe you are, you do not need to do anything ............... As a man thinks in his heart SO IS HE. I know you have no idea what I'm saying.

Believe me you are paying for your sin, scripture teaches we reap what we sow.
You told me yourself you are not doing perfectly the actions that we are commanded to do by God. God will NOT allow the guilty to go unpunished. (Nahum 1:3).

You and I are guilty of violating God's commands. Jesus died to pay that penalty. He is my savior--he made the sacrifice. Just as a priest would sacrifice a lamb to pay for sin...Jesus sacrificed himself, once for all. (Heb 10:11-12)

Jesus did so much more than come to show us how to live. If that's all you think he did, then you are still on the hook for all your failings.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
You ignored my original post to you Vizio, i'll repost it:

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you a Calvinist? Don't they believe that God's purpose will prevail over mans heart?
I do hold to the 5 points of Calvinism, yes. I'm not sure what your point is. God does command us to live perfect lives, but he allows us not to. It's what theologians call his prescriptive and permissive will. He prescribes one things, but permits another.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:26 PM

So you believe that God's desire for sin to be wiped out of the universe will never come to pass and that sin will exist in God's presence forever?

Old 12-18-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
So you believe that God's desire for sin to be wiped out of the universe will never come to pass and that sin will exist in God's presence forever?
Of course not. Jesus is going to come back and judge the world. Sin will be defeated.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:50 PM

So you believe wicked the wicked will be made sinless?

Old 12-18-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
So you believe wicked the wicked will be made sinless?
I am wicked -- in that I was born a sinner. I have been made righteous before God because of Christ.

There will be those that don't receive Christ that will die in their sins and they will be punished.

Does that answer your question?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:08 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,619,936 times
Quote:
What is this All he's done for you that all you have to do is trust it ?

There is no one time deals offered in the scripture for a secure place in heaven. If you are going to say, saved you from eternal hell, please provide at least 1 scripture(even a vague one if you like) that backs this up, anything scripture reference to wrath is not acceptable.

I personally do not believe clinging to the cross achieves anything, it sounds wonderfully religious but that's all. Things happened after he was nailed to the cross at the hands of wicked men, he was buried, rose again and ascended to the Father, all of these have great significance . Scripture teaches that our faith becomes effective by the acknowledging of every good thing that is in us that is in Christ Jesus, clinging to a cross will never have your faith being effective. All it will do is keep you as miserable as sin and pleading the blood to ease your guilty conscience. That was never the purpose of Jesus Christ, he came that we might have life and life more abundantly and you will not discover it clinging to a cross, you'll discover if by putting to death your preconceived ideas of God on your own cross and raised from it transformed by the light shining within you.

Yes I know they don't teach this at church. It's why I don't go. I'd rather stay home making this stuff up.
"Making this stuff up" is exactly correct for the things that you post. As for me, I depend on the teachings I receive from God's word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity