Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 03:13 PM

68 posts, read 61,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Everyone will believe what?

Rom 1 mentions believing the gospel. Will the giving of the gospel occur for those after the final judgments?

Of course all will see Christ as He is at some point. Seeing him then, will be different from not seeing Him now and yet believing in the gospel.
Everyone will believe that Jesus is lord to their salvation (Romans 10:9)

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation 14:6-7

Why is there an angle preaching the gospel to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people during the hour of God's judgement? What will be the end result when God's Judgements become manifest? read the next chapter:

Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest. Revelation 15:4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 03:14 PM

45,763 posts, read 27,410,412 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God's righteousness and justice do not take a back seat to His love.

God's justice actually demands all mankind be saved.
Christ ransomed all mankind and based upon this, God
will have all mankind to be saved (see 1 Timothy 2:4-6).
If God loses just one for whom Christ ransomed then both God and Christ failed.

If you don't believe me, search every where in the Old Testament
where ransom and redeem are used and transfer that understanding
to 1 Timothy 2:4-6.
The red... makes no sense with reconciling it with the Bible. Justice of God demands all be saved? The statement is nowhere in Scripture.

The purple... that's your criteria. Again, un-scriptural.

The blue... just take Scripture for what it says instead of transferring terms taken from a different time period.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
Everyone will believe that Jesus is lord to their salvation (Romans 10:9)

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation 14:6-7

Why is there an angle preaching the gospel to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people during the hour of God's judgement? What will be the end result when God's Judgements become manifest? read the next chapter:

Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest. Revelation 15:4
Revelation 14 and 15 likely takes place before the judgment mentioned in Revelation 20.

An angel is likely preaching because the Holy Spirit and the church have been removed at that time - and God must be sending the angel because of His grace towards the people in giving them an opportunity to believe the gospel (Rom 1) and be saved from the judgment to come.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Revelation 14 and 15 likely takes place before the judgment mentioned in Revelation 20.

An angel is likely preaching because the Holy Spirit and the church have been removed at that time - and God must be sending the angel because of His grace towards the people in giving them an opportunity to believe the gospel (Rom 1) and be saved from the judgment to come.
No where does the passage hint it's taking place before judgment. The verse says that they are worshiping God as a result of his Judgments, not before. The verse also says no one shall not fear and serve him.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:01 PM

Sir Noel - Your original point was that all will believe that Jesus is lord to their salvation (Romans 10:9) - which is not what Rom 1 says. Nowhere in the Bible does it say all will believe to their salvation.

And then you used the Revelation 14 to show an angel proclaiming the gospel.
1) How do you know those who hear the gospel from the angel will believe? Also -
2) What do they have to do with unbelievers on earth that die today?

Old 12-17-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Sir Noel - Your original point was that all will believe that Jesus is lord to their salvation (Romans 10:9) - which is not what Rom 1 says. Nowhere in the Bible does it say all will believe to their salvation.

And then you used the Revelation 14 to show an angel proclaiming the gospel.
1) How do you know those who hear the gospel from the angel will believe? Also -
2) What do they have to do with unbelievers on earth that die today?
I didn't say Romans 1 said that. The Bible teaches that everyone will believe that Jesus is lord to their salvation. Meaning that everyone will believe in the Lord and be saved. I never said the Bible says "to their salvation" in those exact words if that's what you're trying to accuse me of, but that's what it teaches in many different ways. Just like the Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God in those exact words yet still teaches that Jesus is God in different ways. Everyone shall believe, and be saved phil.2:10-11 + Rom.10:9, Rev. 5:13, Isaiah 45:22-23, Rom.5:18-20 etc.

I already answered the 1st question

The verse says who shall not fear and glorify him. You tried using the argument that Revelation14:6-7 and Revelation 15:4 is taking place before judgment, when 14:6-7 is taking place at the hour of God's judgment and 15:4 Is the result of God's Judgment; which goes against what you're saying.

As for the 2nd question, read post #9

Old 12-17-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
I didn't say Romans 1 said that. The Bible teaches that everyone will believe that Jesus is lord to their salvation. Meaning that everyone will believe in the Lord and be saved. I never said the Bible says "to their salvation" in those exact words if that's what you're trying to accuse me of, but that's what it teaches in many different ways. Just like the Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God in those exact words yet still teaches that Jesus is God in different ways. Everyone shall believe, and be saved phil.2:10-11 + Rom.10:9, Rev. 5:13, Isaiah 45:22-23, Rom.5:18-20 etc.

I already answered the 1st question

The verse says who shall not fear and glorify him. You tried using the argument that Revelation14:6-7 and Revelation 15:4 is taking place before judgment, when 14:6-7 is taking place at the hour of God's judgment and 15:4 Is the result of God's Judgment; which goes against what you're saying.

As for the 2nd question, read post #9
Post 9 does not answer my second question. I was asking about what angels proclaiming the gospel in the future have to do with people who die without the Lord today.

Phil. 2 does say everyone will give God glory - but not to salvation. The demons believe in God and know who Jesus Christ is. Will they be saved? Do you think Satan knows the gospel? Sure He does. What is his outcome?

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Will Satan be saved in your opinion?

Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Post 9 does not answer my second question. I was asking about what angels proclaiming the gospel in the future have to do with people who die without the Lord today.

Phil. 2 does say everyone will give God glory - but not to salvation. The demons believe in God and know who Jesus Christ is. Will they be saved? Do you think Satan knows the gospel? Sure He does. What is his outcome?

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Will Satan be saved in your opinion?
Your original question was "will the giving of the gospel occur for those after the final judgments?" I showed you Revelation 14:6-7 that shows an angle proclaiming the gospel and telling everyone to worship God during the hour of judgment, and then Revelation 15:4 that says all nations shall, glorify, come, and worship the lord, as a result of God's Judgements.

And now your asking me "what angels proclaiming the gospel in the future have to do with people who die without the Lord today." Your missing the point of your own question, the result of God's Judgment aren't to torture forever, the result of Gods Judgment is Revelation 15:4. Then you said Revelation 14:6-7 is taking place before Judgment, when the verse says the hour of his Judgment has come.

The timeline of Matthew 25:31-46 disproves eternal torment for anyone because it is taking place at the start of Christ's reign:

31: When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Then in verse 41 we read: 41: Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The wicked can't go into everlasting fire at the start of Christ's reign if people are returning to Christ sometime during Christ's reign.
All the ends of the world Shall remember and turn to the Lord, And all the families of the nations
Shall worship before You. For the kingdom is the Lord’s, And He rules over the nations. Psalms 22:27-28

How can anyone who has forgotten God, remember him; and how can anyone turn to him during Christ's reign if they are being told to depart into EVERLASTING fire at the start of Christ's reign? The fire prepared for the devil and his angels are for the ages, not forever:

Then, will he say unto those also, on his left hand: Depart ye from me, accursed ones! Into the age-abiding fire, which hath been prepared for the adversary and his messengers; Matthew 25:41

God Isn't going to torture human beings or spirit beings forever. He will reconcile all things whether they be in Heaven or in Earth Colossians 1:20.

and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages Revelation 20:10

Old 12-18-2013, 06:20 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,610,975 times
Remember Apollo 13. When they were headed back to earth the angle they had to aim for was so tiny. If they had missed that tiny little angle they would have missed the earth and travelled on in space forever. Well, God's love is just like that tiny angle, Within the angle lies love, acceptance, forgiveness and power. Outside the angle lies nothing but wrath and judgement. Inside the angle we are safe and are heading for our eternal home but outside of it we are headed for destruction.

The love and acceptance of God the forgiveness of our sin and all of our hopes for tomorrow lay in Jesus Christ alone. He is "The narrow way" that leads to life. Do not be deceived by the lies of the enemy. "You surely will not die but will be like God knowing good from evil". The lie Satan told to Adam and Eve in the garden he still tells to people today.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:23 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,015,049 times
Quote:
Your list is incomplete.

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes,...

You have to believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
God gives the faith even while we avoid Him. The Bible says in Romans that "All avoid Him" and "None seek Him." So the question must be asked, if one does believe, how were they given faith to believe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity