Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 01:43 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Men are pigs. Even fine Christian men. I'm not making excuses....but stating a fact.

Has anyone brought it to their attention that they were that obvious?
Fortunately, not all men fall into the category of being domesticated hogs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 04:00 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,065,888 times
Usually the cognitive disruptor demons who are trying to influence the leaders and other people into desires which are not acceptable , which these demons will do to connect people and if acted on will divide people , all and all not what Christians should be doing .......... Just ask the lady who is divorced for a Christian hug for a sister in Christ in the presence of any leader which is seen to have an issue , as the relationships of Christians should be sister and brothers in Christ first and always relations where to get to hot outside the marriage will bring irreverence to Holy Spirit .....Believer in Christ should ask Jesus for discernment of Spirits from Holy Spirit for their protection

Old 12-21-2013, 07:51 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,278,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Fortunately, not all men fall into the category of being domesticated hogs.

This. Lot's of strong, good, upstanding, moral men out there who don't deserve to be called that name. I'm blessed to have many as family and friends.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,610,975 times
The OP has some pretty weak evidence of any wrongdoing IMO. If she has a problem with what she perceives than she should TALK TO THE PARTIES WHO ARE OFFENDING HER.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:31 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,472,406 times
Was she cute?

Old 12-21-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Was she cute?
More than likely!

Old 12-21-2013, 04:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,278,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Ironically, he must view women as sex objects, while having disdain for the male gender.
In other words, don't get caught looking, lest you condemn yourself?
Some of the most sexist men I've met are sitting in extremely conservative churches. It's the whole, "You-can't-preach-but-you-can-share-my-bed-and-get-me-a-sandwich" mindset. Easy, apparently, for them to say "Well men are pigs. What do you expect?"

You don't have to be a grown-up and be responsible for your behavior if you can sell the idea that all men are pigs.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Some of the most sexist men I've met are sitting in extremely conservative churches. It's the whole, "You-can't-preach-but-you-can-share-my-bed-and-get-me-a-sandwich" mindset.
Quote:
You don't have to be a grown-up and be responsible for your behavior if you can sell the idea that all men are pigs.
Would that be an exclusive "club" sandwich? LOL

Last edited by Jerwade; 12-21-2013 at 05:17 PM..

Old 12-21-2013, 05:07 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,476,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
The married pastor has two daughters in their twenties. His wife and their daughters attend church regularly on Sunday’s. The other members include the deacons and other male church members. The divorced member is a female who rarely attends church. My husband and I are members of the Sunday school group for married couples. However, at first there was not a Sunday school group for married couples. My husband, I and the divorced female were part of a Sunday school members in their thirties and forties. The wife of the Deacon who was in charge of this group was also a member. The divorced female was given the job of being the churches outreach person.

Several members noticed that when the divorced female first attended church services, the married pastor, the Deacons, and the other male members could not help but continue to look at her. She rarely attends church services now.

What I am struggling with is the behavior of the married pastor, the Deacons, and the other male members.

Why did this happen?
You won't know unless you ask them. Everything else is speculation.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:21 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,507,168 times

It's NOT a sin to look at a women ! ! !
Not all men are wanting sex with a women just because they are looking at them.

I don't want to have sex with them and I have been happly marries for 22+ years
and I have not lusted after a women for over 33+ years.
I am 66 years old now.

Why You May Ask:

Mt:5:27: Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,
Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman
to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29: And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee:
for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish,
and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30: And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee:
for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish,
and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity