Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 01:04 PM

668 posts, read 692,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes--we are guilty of violating God's commands -- even if we are born sinners. Thankfully God provided a way out, though -- in that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin.
Yes indeed. It is by the shed blood of Jesus that our sin's may be atoned for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 01:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,247,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
Yes indeed. It is by the shed blood of Jesus that our sin's may be atoned for.
It's easy for the atheist or the liberal Christian to sit in judgment of God and say he is wrong for holding us accountable...but the fact is....God did provide a way for us to be forgiven. If we are willing to come to him. We need to remember that.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
It's easy for the atheist or the liberal Christian to sit in judgment of God and say he is wrong for holding us accountable...but the fact is....God did provide a way for us to be forgiven. If we are willing to come to him. We need to remember that.
They remind me of some children I have dealt with. You explain to them the consequences of their actions if they continue and show them how to avoid that consequence and all they can do is wine and cry about not wanting the consequence.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
They remind me of some children I have dealt with. You explain to them the consequences of their actions if they continue and show them how to avoid that consequence and all they can do is wine and cry about not wanting the consequence.
LOL...it's not just children--look at our country, in general. The people of this country are unwilling to deal with consequences as a whole.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,280,340 times
Quote:
LOL...it's not just children--look at our country, in general. The people of this country are unwilling to deal with consequences as a whole.
And some seem to have a very difficult time recognizing and accepting reality.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:41 PM

14,973 posts, read 9,888,219 times
To the OP... the why remains unanswered, but the cause is clear. It is....

Every Mans Battle

Old 12-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And some seem to have a very difficult time recognizing and accepting reality.
Hang in there. I'm praying for you.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:59 PM

One church I attended had to deal with our pastor sleeping with our keyboardist.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:14 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,779,836 times
Here is why I posted this message.
I heard from some female church members, including one of the Deacon’s wives, that several female church members saw the pastor, the deacons, and other male members ‘check out’ the divorced female member. She was a new member at the time.
I do not know if this really happened since I was not watching what the pastor, deacons, and other male members were doing.

But…
If this was true, then why did it have to happen?
Is church gossip ever true?

Old 12-24-2013, 03:17 PM

14,973 posts, read 9,888,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Here is why I posted this message.
I heard from some female church members, including one of the Deacon’s wives, that several female church members saw the pastor, the deacons, and other male members ‘check out’ the divorced female member. She was a new member at the time.
I do not know if this really happened since I was not watching what the pastor, deacons, and other male members were doing.

But…
If this was true, then why did it have to happen?
Is church gossip ever true?
Rarely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity