Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 11:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,702,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Correct, so it ONLY can be applied to those who are active/working in the "field" doing the work assigned. Not onlookers, wannabe's or those with no desire to slave for the Master.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It talks about those who agreed to work, and who showed up. There is no mention of anyone who agreed to work but didn't work. In other words it has nothing to do how hard they worked, it is only about the duration of their service. Those who were called late, were just as saved as those who were called early. Anyone who responded to the call were saved, which is in harmony with the rest of the Bible.

Amen, just keep the "Truth" of God and His precious word a coming !

I know that our God is will pleased, amen !!!

Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 11:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is also interesting that the only ones who were employed by agreement were the first employed, the rest were told they would receive what was right,which too is significant in understanding the parable.
The others were hired at different times of the day.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Is anyone willing to give it a shot to say who they think the workers are and who the first and last are ?.

At five different hours of the day the workers were hired, obviously the early morning hour were the first and the ones in the 11th hour were the last.

The hours of the day are key to understanding the parable.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is rather obvious they were given work since the parable spells it out. Read the parable of the wedding, if you need more clarity about people being invited, but reject the offer. Not everyone accepts the invitation to work, or a wedding party.
Are you saying some of the workers rejected the offer of work ?

The first were employed on agreement of pay, the rest were not. Doesn't that say something to you, are you even willing to admit that is what the text says ?.

So who are the workers and who are the first and last and also who are the ones between the first and last?.

It is obvious who you believe the workers are even though you won't say it.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
The others were hired at different times of the day.
Without any agreement of what they would be earning for their labor.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:08 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,404,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
In Scripture "all" is a qualified word, not an absolute with a meaning of all in total/existence. The full context of Jesus words must be considered and not one verse or set of verses only.

<snip>
The context of Jesus' words? The previous verse ... "Now is the judgment of this world, now shall the prince of this world be cast out." And then... "I, if I be lifted up, will draw all to myself." Do you believe this context indicates a narrower understanding of the word "world" then the "all" who inhabit it? If so, why?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The first were employed on agreement of pay, the rest were not. Doesn't that say something to you, are you even willing to admit that is what the text says ?.

So who are the workers and who are the first and last and also who are the ones between the first and last?.

It is obvious who you believe the workers are even though you won't say it.
I am not sure what you are arguing here. Why don't you just share your thoughts like everyone else, as opposed to being so argumentative. I said in post #4 of this thread that gentiles enter first although Jews were called first, so why don't you tell me what you say was so obviously my view? The saints started first and worked the hardest and paid the heaviest price, so will they be arriving last? Some say yes, but the core message of the parable is that everyone who worked on the field were saved, even the ones who were saved last minute, like the thief on the cross.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-26-2013 at 01:14 PM..

Old 12-26-2013, 12:19 PM

7 posts, read 4,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I struggle with the recurring notion on the CD Christian forum that God either condemns people to eternal condemnation ... or saves everyone.
Why do you think this is the case? Affirmation? Confrontation? Verification? I can't put my finger on the reason for this recurring theme.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I am not sure what you are arguing here. Why don't you just share your thought like everyone else, as opposed to being so argumentative. I said in post #4 of this thread that gentiles enter first although Jews were called first, so why don't you tell me what you say was so obviously my view?
You've shared nothing of substance yet, so it doesn't surprise me that once again you resort to everyone who challenges you or disagrees with you is arguing with you. How about if you want to debate the point explain your understanding of what the parable is saying.

If it is the Jew entering first at the first hour and the gentile entering at the 11th, who are the ones entering the other 3 hours in between the first and last hour ?.

I'm not letting you in to what I know it is saying at this moment, I have been trying to prompt you to say what you believe, so I can show all the obvious holes in what you believe,,but will give you something to ponder. Different hours of the day, what is happening with the sun and the effect of Light on them exposed to it ?.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH Strong View Post
Why do you think this is the case? Affirmation? Confrontation? Verification?
I can't put my finger on the reason for this recurring theme.
Which theme?

The Eternal CONDEMNATION of the majority?
Or the Salvation of ALL HUMANITY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity