Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM

68 posts, read 61,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Please bear with me Pleroo, I'm trying to put things out there that if we take our blinkered view of what we think what the parables are saying we will see the obvious what is there. There's a sun rising and setting in the parable, that effects everyone employed at different times of the day in different ways in the vineyard.
It's not your fault pcamps, they don't want to listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,050,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The believes are the only ones who will enter, and gentiles will enter first although they were called last, or poor before the rich, but those who reject The Lord will not enter at all, just like Luke 13 so clearly explains.
The problem is that you believe that if they reject up until the point they die that it is their fault, correct if they then go to hell?

Old 12-26-2013, 01:52 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
Your not answering my question who are the last which shall be first, and the first which shall be last according to Luke 13:25-30?
I have answered it in many different ways, starting with post #4 and later the discussion about the parable of the vine yard was added to it, although from a different angle. Both stories talk about believers. Luke 13 talks about Jews, gentiles, rich, poor, influential, non-influential. Some people who are last in earthly standards will be with the nobles in heaven. Think about Lazarus, a beggar, who was with Abraham in hades. Earthly ranks will be meaningless after we are dead, the only thing which will matter is our relationship with Christ.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
It's not your fault pcamps, they don't want to listen.
We are listening pcamps declare he is not yet ready to share his views about Matthew (let alone Luke 13, the topic).

Old 12-26-2013, 01:58 PM

Luk_3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I am. Please do share, pcamps. I always learn something worthwhile from you.
He will let you know as soon as he is done extracting the information from UR publications.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:02 PM

For my Universalists brothers and sisters:

Luk 3:5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

All the ETers and the Annihilationists don't teach that bolded part. They teach only some will be made straight.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:05 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
Quote:
We are listening pcamps declare he is not yet ready to share his views about Matthew (let alone Luke 13, the topic).
Finn believe or not, I am saying what I believe the parable is about? Your assessment seems to be that the workers were given an offer to choose to go to work in the vineyard with the assumption the workers were Jews and Gentiles. What I've tried to do is get you to step back and look what you are saying and what it is actually saying, by bringing to your attention things in the parable you are obviously not seeing or dismissing has not being relevant.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Finn believe or not, I am saying what I believe the parable is about? Your assessment seems to be that the workers were given an offer to choose to go to work in the vineyard with the assumption the workers were Jews and Gentiles. What I've tried to do is get you to step back and look what you are saying and what it is actually saying, by bringing to your attention things in the parable you are obviously not seeing or dismissing has not being relevant.
There are only Jews and non-Jews aka gentiles. There is no third kind of people. Based on your comment I don't think you have even read what I have written.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:11 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
Quote:
He will let you know as soon as he is done extracting the information from UR publications.
Let me just say this Finn, I would say it's at least 4 years since I reached for something written by a universalist. Now I am very surprised that you have not gone to something you heavily lean on, considering from what you have said so far indicates that you have not got a clue about the parable, concerning the first and last, the different hours of the day, why the first worked for an agreed wage and the rest of them didn't, why the last got the same wage as the first, and if you believe the Jews are those employed first and the gentile last who are those employed at 3 other different times of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity