Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to call out many Catholicisim Doctrinal errors?
YES 15 26.79%
NO 41 73.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 01:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,544,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
The truth has never been lost. The RCC tried to kill it off and destroy it but never did. So today they try and claim it is not the original but they somehow are. We have always existed and the RCC has never been able to get around that fact. So today they just try to deny.
That is a truly shocking allegation. Where did you get that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 01:50 PM

668 posts, read 691,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You could say that for any church.

I think there are going to be LOTS AND LOTS of very surprised people on the day of judgment.
There is no doubt about that. Jesus even makes that very clear.

Mat. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And Paul speaks of this group:

1 Tim. 4:1 Timothy 4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That is a truly shocking allegation. Where did you get that?
It's just Christian history.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
It's just Christian history.
Which Christian history are you reading? It would be more understandable to find what sources you get this information from, I think many, if not all, would disagree with this.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Which Christian history are you reading? It would be more understandable to find what sources you get this information from, I think many, if not all, would disagree with this.
Do some research from non-biased sources outside of your church and you can find it.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Do some research from non-biased sources outside of your church and you can find it.
Can you point me to some or is this just your own study of the bible and what it says?

Old 01-05-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Can you point me to some or is this just your own study of the bible and what it says?
Well the bible is a good place to start so you can realize the Christian church and the RCC are not the same thing.

If I have time I will locate some web-sites for you and post them. If you really want to know I would suggest you put forth a little effort and see for yourself. It's not hard to find.

Here is one I found with a quick search.

http://www.reformedreader.org/rbb/he...succession.htm

Old 01-05-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Well the bible is a good place to start so you can realize the Christian church and the RCC are not the same thing.

If I have time I will locate some web-sites for you and post them. If you really want to know I would suggest you put forth a little effort and see for yourself. It's not hard to find.
But the RCC compiled the NT so you are saying the very book you are reading proves the RCC isn't the true church? That is not logical.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:30 PM

In 1524 the Roman Catholic Cardinal Hosius, who became the President of the Council of Trent (1560), admitted that Baptists dated back to the days of the Roman Emperor Constintine who was the first "Christian" Pontifix Maximus. Hosius said:

"Were it not that the Baptists have been grievously tormented and cut off with the knife during the past twelve hundred years, they would swarm in greater number than all the Reformers." (Housius, Letters Apud Opera, pp.112,113 as quoted in Trail of Blood, p. 3, Ashland Av. Baptist Church, Lexington, KY, 1933)

Hosius further stated:

"The Anabaptists are a pernicious sect of which kind the Waldensian brethren seem to have been although some of them lately, as they testify in their apology, declare that they will no longer re-baptize, as was their former custom; nevertheless, it is certain that many of them retain their custom, and have united with the Anabaptists." (Hosius, Works of the Heresatics of our Times, Bk. I. 431. Ed. 1584 as quoted by John T. Christian).

Old 01-05-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:

Here is one I found with a quick search.

Beliefs, Antiquity and Succession of the Baptists | The Reformed Reader
Here he explains his conversion.

http://www.catholicconvert.com/about...he-ray-family/

I would need to ask a Baptist minister who converted to Catholicism what he thinks about this. Should be very interesting.

I believe Steve Ray may be one. Here is his web site.

Defenders of the Catholic Faith | Hosted by Stephen K. Ray | Author of "St. John's Gospel", "Upon This Rock", & "Crossing the Tiber"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity