Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to call out many Catholicisim Doctrinal errors?
YES 15 26.79%
NO 41 73.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 10:05 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,507,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So the Holy Spirit revealed the truth to the Church Christ founded but centuries later a man or some men decided it was false and started to teach the 'TRUTH'? Why would the Holy Spirit reveal His truth to a man centuries later and not the the original Christians, those who knew and followed Christ? Doesn't make sense to me. The early Christians were following false teachings? Peter and Paul were wrong all along?
Early Christians knew, lived, and taught the truth. It was later that the lies came in
and darkness fell upon the hearts of men, and decieved most people. ( Dark Ages )

Later men started to see the light, and hear the voice of The Lord again,
and they came out of darkness of man teachings, and followed and lived and taught
The Holy Word Of God ( the just shall live by faith and not by sight ) by the Holy Spirit Of God ! ! !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The church is still God's house.

The Church is not a building made by human hands.
The Church is made up of God's Children ... Which is The Lord House ! ! !

The Holy Word Of God says that He:
dwelleth not in temples made with hands; ye are the temple of God,

Acts:7:48: Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
as saith the prophet,
49: Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me?
saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
50: Hath not my hand made all these things?

Acts:17:24: God that made the world and all things therein,
seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25: Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing,
seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

1Cor:3:16: Know ye not that ye are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17: If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy;
for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

2Cor:6:15: And what concord hath Christ with Belial?
or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16: And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?
for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them,
and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17: Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate,
saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18: And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters,
saith the Lord Almighty.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
As for the RCC: The membership is about 1.2 billion.
That is because most of them were born to parents who are RC
and have never been taught anything else, and being a member of the rcc
does not mean they are Christians.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:21 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,378,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Early Christians knew, lived, and taught the truth. It was later that the lies came in
and darkness fell upon the hearts of men, and decieved most people. ( Dark Ages )

and they came out of darkness of man teachings, and followed and lived and taught
The Holy Word Of God ( the just shall live by faith and not by sight ) by the Holy Spirit Of God ! ! !

Have you read the letters of the second generation apostles? They describe the church of the first and second century. Please read the letters of Ignatius of Antioch.

Last edited by Julian658; 01-05-2014 at 11:52 AM..

Old 01-05-2014, 11:25 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,378,566 times
Quote:

You are highly misinformed.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:14 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,458,846 times
Quote:
[i]does not mean they are Christians.[/I]

Wow. How dare you. I am positively shocked that you are allowed to say that in this forum when I've seen far less antagonistic posts deleted.

You really need to educate yourself.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:16 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,458,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I dont think you should bash a Catholic as a person, but anything that goes against the bible needs to be addressed if it does against scripture. Life is not about being a Christian or believing in and following any creeds, it is about believing Jesus died for your sins, repenting and trying to live your life like he did and how he commanded us to. If someone or something goes against what the bible teaches, it needs to be pointed out and corrected in Love, without name calling, or condemning someone to hell, or calling it the Beast/Anti-Christ worship.

Does the bible command us to have a Pope?

Does the bible speak against graven images?

Does the bible speak against idolatry and bowing to statues?

Doesnt the bible say only God(YHWH) can forgive sins?

Doesnt the bible say to only pray to the Father, NOT Mary?

Does the bible speak against substituting what God commands and replacing it with human traditions?

Again this is not a Catholic basing, but to really question is Catholicism (mainly RCC) following and teaching what the bible commands or making up its own rules.

OP, I'll ask again: "Curious, why the judgement on Catholic doctrine? So, you aren't concerned with Eastern Orthodox/Greek Orthodox doctrine? Seventh Day Adventists? Christian Scientists? Are they all "correctly" interpreting the Bible?

Or is your bias pretty clear?"

I hope all of you have noticed that the OP hasn't come back in several pages and really just posted this to stir up the rest of you and instigate another argument.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:23 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,563,303 times
Quote:

It's hard to believe the Holy Spirit would let the truth be lost even for a moment after it was revealed. Might as well dump Christianity and start over which many churches did but still called themselves Christians. If this theory was true than many people can come in and say the old is trash and they are starting over since God told them to.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:40 PM

668 posts, read 692,512 times
Quote:
It's hard to believe the Holy Spirit would let the truth be lost even for a moment after it was revealed. Might as well dump Christianity and start over which many churches did but still called themselves Christians. If this theory was true than many people can come in and say the old is trash and they are starting over since God told them to.
The truth has never been lost. The RCC tried to kill it off and destroy it but never did. So today they try and claim it is not the original but they somehow are. We have always existed and the RCC has never been able to get around that fact. So today they just try to deny.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:45 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,281,489 times
Quote:

You could say that for any church.

I think there are going to be LOTS AND LOTS of very surprised people on the day of judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity