Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to call out many Catholicisim Doctrinal errors?
YES 15 26.79%
NO 41 73.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 PM

668 posts, read 692,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
He did away with it? Really? And in what point in His ministry did He do that? It must have been after He established His Church, ordaining apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers "for the perfecting of the saints, the work of the ministry, and the edifying of the body of Christ."
None of those positions are mediators. They are "for the perfecting of the saints, the work of the ministry, and the edifying of the body of Christ." You notice that mediator between man and God is not listed there.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

You see Jesus is our only mediator with the Father. Under the Law, the priest was the mediator who could approach God for them. When Jesus died he tore the vale in the Temple that separated us from accessing the Father. No longer would there be any priest because Jesus accomplished that work for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,378,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post

You see Jesus is our only mediator with the Father. Under the Law, the priest was the mediator who could approach God for them. When Jesus died he tore the vale in the Temple that separated us from accessing the Father. No longer would there be any priest because Jesus accomplished that work for us.
Ha, ha!

SO why do all Protestant Churches have ministers to lead the flock?

Why do some church members get called into the minister's office when they messed up?

Why do the minister leads the congregation in prayer?

Why do people say to others God bless you?

Back to the drawing board!

Old 01-03-2014, 07:02 PM

28,150 posts, read 30,100,986 times
Quote:
None of those positions are mediators. They are "for the perfecting of the saints, the work of the ministry, and the edifying of the body of Christ." You notice that mediator between man and God is not listed there.
Okay, well, I agree with you on that. Christ is our Mediator. But you seemed to be saying that the Church is unnecessary as an institution, which would not make sense, since Jesus Christ himself established His Church. Perhaps I misunderstood you.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Okay, well, I agree with you on that. Christ is our Mediator. But you seemed to be saying that the Church is unnecessary as an institution, which would not make sense, since Jesus Christ himself established His Church. Perhaps I misunderstood you.
I don't know why you would even think I meant that. I clearly stated they have a purpose but none of them are mediators. Huge difference. Please pay attention to what I do say and don't assume I mean something I did not say! I firmly believe in the Church. Don't ever think for a moment I don't.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Ha, ha!

SO why do all Protestant Churches have ministers to lead the flock?

Why do some church members get called into the minister's office when they messed up?

Why do the minister leads the congregation in prayer?

Why do people say to others God bless you?

Back to the drawing board!
I don't know what Protestant churches do. They all came from the RCC so I suppose that's where they get most of what they do.

Why should the preacher not be allowed to lead in a prayer just like any other member of the church? I don't see why you would not let the preacher pray also.

I say "God Bless You" because that is my prayer to God for you (if I say it to you).

No drawing board needed. You have yet to make a point against God's truth as I presented it to you. Try again if you dare!

Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 PM

28,150 posts, read 30,100,986 times
Quote:
I don't know why you would even think I meant that. I clearly stated they have a purpose but none of them are mediators. Huge difference. Please pay attention to what I do say and don't assume I mean something I did not say! I firmly believe in the Church. Don't ever think for a moment I don't.
Calm down. I misunderstood you, that's all. Good grief.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:41 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,458,846 times
Curious, why the judgement on Catholic doctrine? So, you aren't concerned with Eastern Orthodox/Greek Orthodox doctrine? Seventh Day Adventists? Christian Scientists? Are they all "correctly" interpreting the Bible?

Or is your bias pretty clear?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,378,566 times
[quote=FundamentalBibleBeliever;32862993]I don't know what Protestant churches do. They all came from the RCC so I suppose that's where they get most of what they do.
[quote]

You sound like a Protestant and walk like a Protestant.

Quote:
Why should the preacher not be allowed to lead in a prayer
According to you folks need no mediators.

Quote:
I say "God Bless You" because that is my prayer to God for you (if I say it to you).

Old 01-04-2014, 05:58 AM

[quote=Julian658;32865027][quote=FundamentalBibleBeliever;32862993]I don't know what Protestant churches do. They all came from the RCC so I suppose that's where they get most of what they do.
Quote:

You sound like a Protestant and walk like a Protestant.

Sounds like you think Protestants are bad? Never been one so I cannot speak for those of your church who protest against it.

According to me Jesus is our only mediator. Why won't you accept Jesus as mediator as I do?

Old 01-04-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Calm down. I misunderstood you, that's all. Good grief.
Well it's just that you made a claim that I don't believe in something that I am so deeply committed to that it's like you called me a SOB or something. It is like calling the Jesus the devil. That's how much I believe in the Church. What you said is a very personal attack to me and I just want to make sure you understand how wrong you were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity