Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 07:59 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I understand your position and you do not wish chaoes to enter the board. But part of the Nye and Ham’s differences is creation versus evolution. Flat earth claims is also not part of Christianity. Tying it to some very confused people who say they are Christian is just a way to make it part of this board.

The bible strongly states that man was created as an image and did not mutate. Are you ok with the topic of Intelligent Design?
A topic on Intelligent Design is as worthy as one on - Did Pinocchio Turn Into A Real Boy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 08:08 AM

1,003 posts, read 793,577 times

Old 04-22-2018, 08:29 AM

16,711 posts, read 15,712,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I understand your position and you do not wish chaoes to enter the board. But part of the Nye and Ham’s differences is creation versus evolution. Flat earth claims is also not part of Christianity. Tying it to some very confused people who say they are Christian is just a way to make it part of this board.

The bible strongly states that man was created as an image and did not mutate. Are you ok with the topic of Intelligent Design?
This is a forum about Christianity. It is not a forum about Science; not is it a forum for the spreading of false or misleading information.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:11 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This is a thread about Ken Ham vs. Bill Nye and their debate.

It is not a thread about the science of evolution, which (as you all know) is generally not an appropriate topic for the Religion and Spirituality forums. The reason it is not appropriate is that all of the misunderstandings cause the threads to veer completely away from their original topics, usually with myriads of incorrect information. The deleted posts even included a citation from the Creation Science Institute, a site full of misinformation, which leads to extensive posts unrelated to Religion or Spirituality.
I don't mind the post being deleted/orphaned. Just curious though - did you or SumTingy delete it?

Old 04-22-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I don't mind the post being deleted/orphaned. Just curious though - did you or SumTingy delete it?
Only mods can delete another person's post.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:35 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Only mods can delete another person's post.
Really, hmm, I thought you could delete your own posts. Good to know! When I go to 'edit' there is the option 'delete.' ???

Old 04-22-2018, 10:53 AM

33,316 posts, read 26,518,342 times
Quote:
Really, hmm, I thought you could delete your own posts. Good to know! When I go to 'edit' there is the option 'delete.' ???
You can delete your own posts if you do so within an hour to an hour and a half. But in this case it was Mensaguy who deleted the posts.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I said only mods can delete "another person's" posts. Yes, you can delete your own if you do it within a certain length of time. That length of time varies. I think on CD it's an hour or so.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:55 AM

23,206 posts, read 10,492,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSTL13 View Post
What did everybody think of the recent debate? I didn't get to see it, but have heard that it sounds like Nye posed several questions that seemed to stump Ham. Any other feedback or critique of the debate would be nice, as I mentioned I did not yet get to view it.

For example, "how if Kangaroos got off the Ark in the middle east, why are they only in Australia, and not even a fossil of one anywhere else?"

What does everybody think of the answer to this question. Being a Christian, I could care less about the fundamentals of evolution, but I'm curious to know answers like this, as I want to be able to defend my faith if I ever happen to be in a discussion with a evolutionist.

The last couple of months, I have really started diving into the bible, and my faith has been strengthened so much. Please pray for me to continue my journey.
The Bible teaches evolution in my good opinion. From cover to cover it is showing us and telling us that we have to overcome the nature of an animal and the sins of the whole world are put squarely on the head of an animal.

The bible doesn't have to be against evolution at all, that's just the pre conceived ideas of many, and we can KNOW BEYOND ANY DOUBT that Moses was telling a spiritual story when he spoke of the 7 days of creation, and Moses was no dummy, he didn't contradict himself on purpose.

Moses tells us that Adam was born, and 24 hours later, Eve was born, and AGAIN, Moses was no dummy. Moses tells us that in those 24 hours, Adam had named every creature living and you can't even name all the species of birds in a single decade.

But not only this, Moses tells us that Adam worked the garden tilling and sowing and reaping IN HARVESTING SO LONG, that God looked down on him and said,'' It is not good that man is alone.''

You CERTAINLY CANNOT till and sow and harvest ANYTHING in 24 hours, CERTAINLY, you can't name all the creatures in 24 hours, and you CERTAINLY CANNOT harvest something that takes months and years to do, in 24 hours.

AGAIN, Moses was no dummy, he wrote of those 7 days KNOWING that you would realize it was a spiritual story, NOT A LITERAL STORY.

Unless we are going to look at Moses like some big Dummy who does nothing but contradict himself, Moses WANTED you to know it was a spiritual story.

Zechariah 13
4And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:

Why does Elijah wear the skins of animals, and why would a person put on the skins of an animal to deceive?

By putting on the skins of an animal, you are saying THAT YOU are the hidden man within, and this HIDDEN man concept has been around a very long time before Jesus. We saw a picture of Jacob putting on the skins of an animal to deceive his father into believing that he was his brother Esau, and we have a picture of one son standing inside another son, because THERE IS a hidden man INSIDE an animal.

Wives and Husbands
(Song of Solomon 1:1-3; Ephesians 5:22-33)

1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 3Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 5For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

The bible shows humans to be animals from cover to cover where there is always an animal involved, when Adam and Eve fell, they had to be clothed in the skins of an animal, and they fell because of the voice of a beast.

Old 04-22-2018, 11:01 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You can delete your own posts if you do so within an hour to an hour and a half. But in this case it was Mensaguy who deleted the posts.
I thought that was the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity