Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,946,645 times

Advertisements

So here's the bottom line issue on all these posts I've made about Paul. I implicitly reject his gospel "by grace are ye saved through faith alone; not of works".

I embrace Jesus' gospel "Whosoever believes on the Son shall not perish" + "What must I do to inherit eternal life? Do not steal; do not bear false witness; Love God and do good to your fellow man."

So am I going to eternal damnation because I reject salvation by faith alone, or am I going to heaven because I believe salvation involves believing in Jesus plus doing good works for my fellow man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 11:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,217,312 times
Jesus's promises are trustworthy and true. Do what He says you must do to be saved, and you will be saved.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:26 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,064,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So here's the bottom line issue on all these posts I've made about Paul. I implicitly reject his gospel "by grace are ye saved through faith alone; not of works".

I embrace Jesus' gospel "Whosoever believes on the Son shall not perish" + "What must I do to inherit eternal life? Do not steal; do not bear false witness; Love God and do good to your fellow man."

So am I going to eternal damnation because I reject salvation by faith alone, or am I going to heaven because I believe salvation involves believing in Jesus plus doing good works for my fellow man?
Not according to what Yeshua stated...The Faith I think one must have is believing what He has stated as the Way to Salvation, not the faith of believingthat He died for our sins lliterally, but, He died because of our sins and willingly did this...He died because He showed the Way to His G-d and Father and our G-d and Father...I would say that His resurrection was a miracle to prove that He was chosen and sent by the Father to put things back on track and His message differed from wha the local rulers wanted so, their unbelief in what He proclaimed, and ours, is why He was murdered...This is what I am seeing as I proceed with my research and studies,, however, I could be wrong...

Old 02-12-2014, 11:48 AM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Quote:
You're going to Heaven. Despite what one particular poster is going to tell you, God doesn't send people to Hell for doing good works.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
Quote:

You have fallen out of grace like the Galatians did but you will still be saved for eonian life if you truly do believe the evangel of 1 Cor.15:1-4. Good luck doing all the law.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:

Jesus' answer to the man specifically addressed what "I must do" which Jesus' answer had no mention of the only work God requires:
KJV John 6:29
"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
Jesus revealed that in John 6:29 it's "faith alone". The required work of God does not include the " + ".
Jesus' answer to the man was based on the law which is why the man went away sad because:
Galatians 3:10 NIV
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written:
Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Galatians 3:10 KJV
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written,
Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Last edited by twin.spin; 02-12-2014 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: spacing gremlins

Old 02-12-2014, 01:21 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You have fallen out of grace like the Galatians did but you will still be saved for eonian life if you truly do believe the evangel of 1 Cor.15:1-4. Good luck doing all the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus revealed that in John 6:29 it's "faith alone". The required work of God does not include the " + ".
I think, thrillobyte, that you may still stand a chance at being saved, provided you stop doing good works IMMEDIATELY! God hates good works, and the fewer of them you do, the better off you are.

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-12-2014 at 01:29 PM..

Old 02-12-2014, 01:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
As to the OP, I couldn't say which way you are headed, but it won't be for any intellectual belief in any case.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:27 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,590,259 times
The OP most obviously does not have any grasp of the depths of his sin.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Burn baby burn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity