Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM

441 posts, read 392,508 times

Advertisements

JB, This might help: "Christ", the "Word" is now a Body of many members per John 20:22 , with Jesus as sovereign Head, so that "the last Adam" is a collective and inclusive title that, if you think about it, is the man-child __the collective last Adam comprised of every serious Christian, both Jew and Gentile because, "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15 (KJV)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 04:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
I'd love for that to be true...but I'm going to go on with life until I see Jesus returning.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:16 PM

441 posts, read 392,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'd love for that to be true...but I'm going to go on with life until I see Jesus returning.

That will be too late. After the man-child is 'raptured', those [Christians] left behind will not participate in what Jesus says to overcomers in His warning to the churches.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 PM

439 posts, read 426,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
JB, This might help: "Christ", the "Word" is now a Body of many members per John 20:22 , with Jesus as sovereign Head, so that "the last Adam" is a collective and inclusive title that, if you think about it, is the man-child __the collective last Adam comprised of every serious Christian, both Jew and Gentile because, "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15 (KJV)
Not sure that helps... LOL. Revelation is a very symbolic book. I really don't see your view of it. Honestly, I don't think the confusion over the "woman" and the "man child" really matters. This chapter introduces us to the antichrist and what happens after. This is a warning given to those who understand it. This same warning was an echo of what Daniel saw in his vision, and even Isaiah prophesied about it. So many of John's visions are echoed in other books of the Bible. Matthew gave a better description of the war in heaven when satan was thrown down to the earth to begin his final reign. Revelation 12 barely even mentions it, but it's still an echo and lines up perfectly.

I forgot to mention these two scriptures the other day, another echo of what is said in Rev 12. This is speaking of the second coming of Jesus
Rev 19:15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty...
Mark 13:5-8 Jesus replied, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in many parts of the world, as well as famines. But this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.When these things begin to happen, watch out! You will be handed over to the local councils and beaten in the synagogues. You will stand trial before governors and kings because you are my followers. But this will be your opportunity to tell them about me. For the Good News must first be preached to all nations. But when you are arrested and stand trial, don’t worry in advance about what to say. Just say what God tells you at that time, for it is not you who will be speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
First, he speaks of the AC coming and is warning us not to be deceived. Then we see other signs that will follow when the AC begins his reign. He even makes war against God's people and prepares for the battle of armageddon. WARNING: THESE THINGS MUST TAKE PLACE, THE END WON'T FOLLOW IMMEDIATELY. So dear brother and sister... be prepared!! The Lord won't come back until the end of the 7 years. The Lord wants us here on earth to complete our mission. The last 3 1/2 years will be the BEST time to witness, share God's word and lead them to salvation! We are called for a time and a purpose. STAND STRONG! DO HIS WORK! DON'T RUN AND HIDE!
You should read the whole chapter of Isaiah 66. It's speaking directly to the Jews. They don't even know it yet. So many things are being said in this chapter that is repeated in Rev 12. God is going to be very upset when they begin offering up sacrifices and offerings in the new temple. But He says, I will nourish you. This is referring to the time when they flee at the revealing of the AC. They will run to the hills to be protected and taken care of. In the last 3 1/2 years, they are going to be prosperous. They are going to realize the truth about Jesus. He is going to do great things for them in those 3 1/2 years while being nurtured. Isaiah 66 is worth reading. I know I showed you this passage already, but I didn't give you the thing...
Is 66:7-9 “Before the birth pains even begin, Jerusalem gives birth to a son. Who has ever seen anything as strange as this? Who ever heard of such a thing? Has a nation ever been born in a single day? Has a country ever come forth in a mere moment? But by the time Jerusalem’s birth pains begin, her children will be born. Would I ever bring this nation to the point of birth and then not deliver it?” asks the Lord. "No! I would never keep this nation from being born,” says your God.
Not only does it mention the man child being born (in KJV), but it also talks about the labor pains and the upcoming spiritual birth of the Jews when they realize Jesus really is the Messiah. The Bible says, all of Israel will be saved. How will that happen if they don't have a divine revelation? Isaiah 66 lines up PERFECTLY with Rev 12, along with a few other prophetic scriptures. How could anyone deny this? Especially since this is a prophetic chapter about the Lord's coming. We don't have to go digging through other scriptures to try and translate it to "Christ the Word is now a Body of many members". Isaiah hands it to us an a beautiful platter with no "head scratching" needed to translate it. Lol.

Isaiah 2 is another good one to read too.

Last edited by JuniPearl; 02-21-2014 at 07:36 PM..

Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Will you be able to live a normal life when everything happens like the Bible says it's going to happen? I sure hope not. I don't even do that now. I have to make every day count.

"Watch ye, therefore, and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

"Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don’t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap."

"For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man."

"Don’t let anyone mislead you. They will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. There will be earthquakes in many parts of the world, as well as famines. When these things begin to happen, watch out! You will be handed over to the local councils and beaten in the synagogues."

Old 02-21-2014, 07:59 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,529,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post
Is 66:7-9 “Before the birth pains even begin, Jerusalem gives birth to a son. Who has ever seen anything as strange as this? Who ever heard of such a thing? Has a nation ever been born in a single day? Has a country ever come forth in a mere moment? But by the time Jerusalem’s birth pains begin, her children will be born. Would I ever bring this nation to the point of birth and then not deliver it?” asks the Lord. "No! I would never keep this nation from being born,” says your God.
Not only does it mention the man child being born (in KJV), but it also talks about the labor pains and the upcoming spiritual birth of the Jews when they realize Jesus really is the Messiah. The Bible says, all of Israel will be saved. How will that happen if they don't have a divine revelation? Isaiah 66 lines up PERFECTLY with Rev 12, along with a few other prophetic scriptures. How could anyone deny this? Especially since this is a prophetic chapter about the Lord's coming. We don't have to go digging through other scriptures to try and translate it to "Christ the Word is now a Body of many members". Isaiah hands it to us an a beautiful platter with no "head scratching" needed to translate it. Lol.
What exactly are you saying Isa. 66:7-9 is talking about?

Last edited by Cephas40; 02-21-2014 at 08:08 PM..

Old 02-21-2014, 08:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
It is Christ who is the man-child. The Woman is Israel and the remnant of her seed is both Jews and Gentles. The following Scripture says that the multitude that no one could number came out of great tribulation.
One has to be in the great tribulation to come out of it and it does not say they were raptured or that they died of natural causes or that they were martyred. Simply that they were in it and came out.
REV 7:9 "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
REV 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and from where did they come?
REV 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir,you know. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Now, concerning whether the man-child was caught up immediately or later. The Scriptures do not say. It says "and" not then or at that time. "And" means simply that the fact mentioned is another aspect of the topic mentioned or even another thing altogether, not what time it happened. The Devil wanted to "devour"/kill Jesus the baby by whatever means that only God knows but was thwarted by God. He tried again later through Herod but was also thwarted by God.
REV 12:4 "And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
REV 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to His Throne." [After the resurrection. Read book of Acts, chap.1]
REV 12:6 "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days."

The Throne is the highest place to be resurrected to. Jesus was the first, being the "first fruits" to go there but in the resurrection all who are faithful will follow. The Throne is even higher than the 3rd Heaven which is Paradise. On the Day of resurrection even those in Paradise will be caught up. Well, you would think, aren't they already up there? Yes, they are in a higher spiritual state of being but they along with those who remain on the earth when Christ returns will go to an even higher place called the Throne of God.

1COR 15:20 "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.
1COR 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at His coming." No one will go to sit on the Throne like Jesus until He returns. We are to sit on the Throne in order to reign in the new heaven and earth.
REV 3:21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My Throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His Throne.

So great is salvation, that we can not comprehend it fully.
1JN 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is." He looks like this; He is coming in Power and in Glory.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
What exactly are you saying Isa, 66:7-9 is talking about?
I am comparing it's prophetic scriptures to the ones in Revelation. Both chapters are speaking about the destruction of the Jews in the end time. Isaiah 66 is more detailed when it comes to the whole picture and Revelation 12 is more detailed about a particular event during that time.

Is 66:7-9 is one of those "hard to wrap your mind around" scriptures. IMO, I see the birth as a spiritual birth. The Bible reveals to us that all of Israel is going to be saved. How does that happen if the Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah? That's why I see it as a spiritual birth, their awakening. Just as we become children of God, we have to be "BORN" in Him. I see the birth pains as being the actual pain of God's chosen people being slaughtered like it mentions in the prophecies. Jesus was born, from Israel, before these birth pains begin. How can Jerusalem give birth to a son before having labor pains? Who has ever heard of such things? By the time Jerusalem's birth pains begin, her children will be born. How does that happen? As soon as the AC stands in the temple and claims to be God, the Jews will know he's not their Messiah. No one knows yet, but for some reason, the Jews will have to flee at THAT moment. They will be slaughtered, THE BIRTH PAINS! At that moment, they will know everything they believed was wrong! They run for their lives to a place of protection and immediately cry out to God and are saved. The blinders come OFF!!! This all happens in such a short amount of time. This is why the pains of birth and the birth of Jerusalem's children are almost instantaneous.

On a side note... How do I know they will be saved? I briefly mentioned this already, but I'll say it again. Irvin Baxter already has his plans drawn out. A magazine will go to every home in Israel as soon as the peace agreement is signed. He will tell them about their very near future and show them the Bible prophecy. He will also give them the exact place where they will need to run to. The Bible gives the exact place. In the magazine he will tell them what to look for, a sign that reads... "________" (?? I can't remember what it says). He is going to be there that day. As soon as they coming flooding in he will say, "Jesus just saved your life". And he will minister to them and tell them all about Jesus. Oh how I would LOVE to be there and help win those souls to Jesus that day!!!

Old 02-21-2014, 09:20 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,529,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
So great is salvation, that we can not comprehend it fully.
YES!

“If your salvation was dependent on your ability to read and understand scripture, Jesus would have been an author.”
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

Old 02-21-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
It is Christ who is the man-child. The Woman is Israel and the remnant of her seed is both Jews and Gentles. The following Scripture says that the multitude that no one could number came out of great tribulation. One has to be in the great tribulation to come out of it and it does not say they were raptured or that they died of natural causes or that they were martyred. Simply that they were in it and came out.
You said it much more beautifully than I ever could have! Even on the 144,000. I described it as the church, as a whole, instead of Jews/Gentiles. And I'm glad you mentioned the scripture about "those who came out of the great tribulation". I was going to address that scripture, but at the time I decided to let it go. I already had my plate full trying to address Revelation 12!! So, good job! A big pat on the back from me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity