Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 12:20 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post
Look at this chronological progression...

Rev 14:8 A second angel followed, saying, “Babylon has fallen! The great city Babylon has fallen! She made all the nations drink of the wine of her sinful sex life.”

Rev 18:1-2 Then I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had much power. The earth was made bright with his shining-greatness. He cried out with a loud voice, “The big and powerful city of Babylon is destroyed. Demons and every kind of unclean spirit live there. Unclean birds that are hated are there.

If you would have read POST #64 you would have seen how chronological progression repeats itself. It's not chronological progression, different accounts all throughout the book in no order.
Moderator cut: delete
You are confusing the announcement of the angel in anticipation of the fall of Babylon with its actual fall which is yet to occur.

Here is what the Expositor's Bible Commentary says concerning Rev. 14:8.
In anticipation of a more extended description in chapters 17 and 18, the Fall of Babylon, the great anti-God system of idolatry, is announced. The actual fall does not occur until the final bowl judgment (16:19). There may be in 11:8 a previous allusion to Babylon as the ''great city'' (cf. 17:18). [The Expositor's Bible Commentary, vol. 12., p. 541.]
The Bible Knowledge Commentary says the following. This is the part of the commentary on Rev. 14:8 which is pertinent.
The first angel was followed by a second angel who announced that Babylon the Great, which intoxicated others with her adulteries, has fallen. This apparently is in anticipation of the description of that city (see comments on chap. 18). [The Bible Knowledge Commentary, New Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty, p. 964]
In his book, 'The Book of Revelation' Clarence Larkin says of Rev. 14:8;
Here is the proof that the City of Babylon is to be rebuilt. For further proof see chapter eighteen. As to the fall and destruction of the literal City of Babylon this proclamation is anticipative, but as a declaration that Babylon had fallen to fearful depths of wickedness and apostasy, and had become ''the habitation of demons, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird,'' as described in chapter 18:2, it was already true, for the City of Babylon will have been rebuilt at the time when this Angel utters his proclamation. The Angel's warning was that God's people might hear His voice saying: ''Come out of her, MY PEOPLE, That ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.'' Rev. 18:4 ['The Book of Revelation, by The Rev. Clarence Larkin, p. 134-135., originally published in 1919]
Babylon had not yet fallen at the time the angel made his proclamation in Rev. 14:8 which was in anticipation of the plagues which were yet to come.

I have shown you three separate commentaries which all agree that Revelation 14:8 is anticipatory.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-17-2014 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: personal message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Divination is a fool's errand . . . using Revelation to do it is just insane. It is the most enigmatic book in the Bible. Brilliant scholars are loathe to make any such concrete interpretations. Besides . . . to focus on worldly affairs is carnal-minded. That is completely contrary to the spiritually-minded use and purpose of the Bible.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:55 AM

439 posts, read 426,660 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God's wrath is poured out through out through out the course of the seal, trumpet, and bowl judgments. The judgments get worse as the judgments progress from the seal judgments to the trumpet judgments to the bowl judgments. For instance, inthe fourth seal judgment 1/4 of the world's population will die (Rev. 6:8). And later, with the sixth trumpet judgment 1/3 of the remaining world's population will die (Rev. 9:15).
Please follow along to see what the scriptures really say...

REV 6
And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
White Horse = Catholicism
Countdown To The Final 7 Years!-catholicism.jpg
3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Red Horse = Communism
Countdown To The Final 7 Years!-communism.png
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Black Horse = Capitalism
Countdown To The Final 7 Years!-capitalism.jpg
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Green Horse = Islamism
Pale horse is a typo. The Greek word used in this verse was chloros. There are 3 other scriptures where chloros was translated to say green: Mark 6:39, Revelation 8:7, Revelation 9:4.
Power is given to Islam to rule over 1/4 of the earth, NOT kill 1/4 of the earth.
Countdown To The Final 7 Years!-islamism.png
The 4 horsemen have already been loosed on this earth. There's no denying that each of these 4 have been at work in our world for quite some time now. Therefore, the first 4 seals have already been opened.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-17-2014 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: rude/personally insulting remarks are deleted

Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
***Moderator cut: delete. The V8 does not say 1/4 of the worlds population will die. Moderator cut: delete

Please follow along to see what the scriptures really say...

REV 6
And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
White Horse = Catholicism
Attachment 125479
3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Red Horse = Communism
Attachment 125480
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Black Horse = Capitalism
Attachment 125478
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Green Horse = Islamism
Pale horse is a typo. The Greek word used in this verse was chloros. There are 3 other scriptures where chloros was translated to say green: Mark 6:39, Revelation 8:7, Revelation 9:4.
Power is given to Islam to rule over 1/4 of the earth, NOT kill 1/4 of the earth.
Attachment 125481
The 4 horsemen have already been loosed on this earth. There's no denying that each of these 4 have been at work in our world for quite some time now. Therefore, the first 4 seals have already been opened.
Revelation 6:8 says that one fourth of the world's population will die from sword, from famine, pestilence, and from the wild beasts of the earth.

The seals have not been broken. And one fourth of the world's population has not been killed within the seven year period of the Tribulation which is yet to come.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-17-2014 at 09:03 AM..

Old 02-17-2014, 01:59 AM

439 posts, read 426,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Revelation 6:8 says that one fourth of the world's population will die from sword, from famine, pestilence, and from the wild beasts of the earth.
Again, it doesn't say that. They are given power over 1/4. Not power to kill 1/4. Are you saying they're going to gain power over 1/4 of mankind then take them out back and kill them? Seriously?! C'mon, let's use some common sense here. They get power over 1/4 of them. Then they kill by the sword, hunger, etc.

These statistics are from 2010 and they made up 23% of the population then. Right now, there are a little over 7 billion people on this earth. So do the math. Also, scroll down and see the areas where the Muslims live. You will notice that's where all the chaos has been going on for over a year now, that's if you keep up with international news. Civil wars, persecuted Christians, etc. Moderator cut: delete
**IN THE NEWS**
Jan 21, 2014 -Syria accused of torture and 11,000 executions
"There is clear evidence that Syria has systematically tortured and executed about 11,000 detainees since the start of the uprising, a report by three former war crimes prosecutors says."

'Significant starvation'
"The report by the former
war crimes prosecutors is based on the evidence of a defected military police photographer, referred to only as Caesar, who along with others reportedly smuggled about 55,000 digital images of some 11,000 dead detainees out of Syria."

Syria's alleged "killing machine" - YouTube

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-17-2014 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: sarcastic or rude remarks are deleted

Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
So, if you're going to stick to these theories, then you should be prepared to back up what you say. Are you ready to see what you're holding on to vs. what Irvin Baxter believes??? Buckle up...

THIS COMES FROM A DIGITAL BOOK I HAVE ON FILE CALLED: The Secret to Understanding
Revelation

TAKE A LOOK:
I wonder if all the multiple chapters speaking of the same scenarios shoukdn'tbe overlapped together to form a cohesive narrative?...Remember that movie about that kid who had the Jules Verne novels and each book had a piece of the map and each onr looked like its own map but when you took the three(?) pages and assemled them together it produced the complete map of the island?...

Old 02-17-2014, 03:18 AM

Quote:
This is kinda why I wanted to start this thread. I knew people would be all up in arms and I wanted to go ahead and give them plenty of time to say what they wanted. Then when the time came, they would be on record showing they disagreed.

I'm beyond excited!!! Irvin plans on coming out with a new video about the blood moons. It should be out soon. I'm chomping at the bits.

With that said... I sure do hope the peace agreement still stands for April 29th! I'm pretty sure they will have that temple built in NO TIME! They have EVERYTHING they need.
So, tbey plan on tearing down the Dome of the Rock Mosque?...And where did you get that ebook on Irvin?...

Old 02-17-2014, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
How does 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel donate the church??

144,000 is not no great multiude by any stretch of the imagination.
144,000 are Jewish male virgins reserved by HaShem to witness to thd nation Israel...

Old 02-17-2014, 03:23 AM

Quote:
How are you not following this??? I didn't say 144,000 people. READ. THE. ARTICLE.

144,000 represents the church. Is there only one person in a church? No. Therefore, the great multitude makes up all the people in the 144,000 churches. Following????
They are male virgins to witness to Israel...

Old 02-17-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Luciferin? (A yellowish, pale-green light or a dim light having no color; consisting of ashes)
I was just going off of strong's, it had two meanings:

1. grern
2. yellowish pale

Kinda like Irish "liath", means, grey or green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity