Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 02:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I'm sure the other divine events are false as well.... in your mind. They can't possibly be true, then your "truth" evaporates and your intellect becomes something other than "smart".

Just never ever give up seeking.

...just sayin'
Seems to me those who think all of life's answers are contained in a hoary old book of myths are the ones who have stopped seeking.

THAT'S the truth.

Just sayin'....

Old 03-01-2014, 02:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,223,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Seems to me those who think all of life's answers are contained in a hoary old book of myths are the ones who have stopped seeking.

THAT'S the truth.

Just sayin'....
I'm just trying to figure out why you even care to post in the "Chrisitanity" forum. I mean...historically, we Christians have tended to concern ourselves with what the "hoary old book of myths" teaches.

Why do you even care?

Old 03-01-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm just trying to figure out why you even care to post in the "Chrisitanity" forum. I mean...historically, we Christians have tended to concern ourselves with what the "hoary old book of myths" teaches.

Why do you even care?
Because I loathe bigotry and fundamentalist Christians justify theirs by pointing to their "holy" book.

That book is responsible for more misery than any single object created by man. And the misery it inflicts via its believers is ongoing.

While I can type and speak, I'll point out the real "truths" of that book and fight back against those who wield their bibles like psychic cudgels.

Now you know.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Why do you even care?
Why did you wander into Miss Hepburn's thread on starting a new forum on Eastern religions? You managed to find it. Open it. And tell everyone your opinion.

Why do you even care? If you don't want to read about Eastern religions you don't have to open the threads. This forum doesn't place restrictions on who can post in what threads. You should know by know the Christianity forum isn't restricted to people claiming to be Christians. Thank goodness. It's quite nice to read posts from people who aren't dragging their knuckles on the ground grunting "You're absolutely right. We must make sure we keep the women out of the pulpit. It's not like Jesus knew any women."

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-01-2014 at 03:07 PM..

Old 03-01-2014, 02:54 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,187 times
Please, Lets stay on topic. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:55 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,223,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Why did you wander into Miss Hepburn's thread on starting a new forum on Eastern religions? You managed to find it. Open it. And tell everyone your opinion.

Why do you even care?
Because it was in a thread on the religion forum. I'm interested in religion. I ignore threads in the atheism forum and other forums that I'm not interested in.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:58 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,228,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The biblical view of women does not apply in the 21st century. I believe women should be ministers or priests. In this regard the CC and many other denominations are dead wrong. IN this regard I admire the Episcopal church.
Admire what you like, but God doesn't change. There is no woman in the Bible that was a priestess or bishop or deacon. Only pagan religions have priestesses.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Admire what you like, but God doesn't change. There is no woman in the Bible that was a priestess or bishop or deacon. Only pagan religions have priestesses.
Another reason I come here is to measure the depth of ignorance on display.

It increases daily.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:08 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,187 times
Exodus 19:6 "And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

the fulfillment,

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light”

the Spiritual Seed, regenerated through abundant mercy begotten, and of an incorruptible seed, born again

Old 03-01-2014, 03:10 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,228,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Another reason I come here is to measure the depth of ignorance on display.

It increases daily.
Since you seem to take issue with my post, cite an instance of a female bishop or deacon in the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity