Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's unfortunate ...
No. It's actually quite wonderful to know that love, which comes from God, is the greatest power there is.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-16-2014 at 09:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 01:57 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,367,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well I hope all who I loved on earth will be in heaven, heck I hope I am in heaven. But not all will go to heaven. Jesus said so Himself and he could not lie which is a sin.

I have read we will be so happy in heaven we will forget about those who did not make it. God will wipe away every tear so he would let us forget what would make us sad. We cannot be sad in heaven anyway.
Janelle, we will forget those who did not make it? So if I have a flashback to my life on earth and say my wife didn't make it, will her face be greyed out or ? I, by the way, labored over this question for years and am curious how you think He does this. I'll know I was married but won't remember who it was? Somehow, this just doesn't sit right.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:40 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well I hope all who I loved on earth will be in heaven, heck I hope I am in heaven. But not all will go to heaven. Jesus said so Himself and he could not lie which is a sin.
I have read we will be so happy in heaven we will forget about those who did not make it. God will wipe away every tear so he would let us forget what would make us sad. We cannot be sad in heaven anyway.
When do you think the ' time of separation ' on Earth mentioned at Matthew 25 vs 31,32 will take place ?________

The humble ' sheep ' are alive on Earth, and they can remain alive on Earth living through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7 v 14, living right into the start of Jesus' 1000-year kingdom reign over Earth - Revelation 20 vs 1-6

Just because all do Not go to heaven does Not mean that is a bad thing.- John 3 v 13; Acts 2 v 34
Do you remember who will inherit the Earth forever ? __________ - Psalm 37 vs 11,29
Not an Earth filled with sorrows, but Earth as described at Isaiah chapter 35, and Isaiah 11 vs 4-9; Psalm 72 v 8
Revelation 21 vs 4,5 is a miniature description of the same conditions that existed on Earth at the time of Eden.
Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that all families of Earth will be blessed, and all nation's of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the healing and healing of Earth's nations.- see Revelation 22 v 2; Genesis 12 v 3; 22 v 18
Please notice the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth during Jesus millennium-long day of reigning over Earth as mentioned at Revelation 22 v 2. So, those Not called to heaven [ Rev 20 v 6; 2 v 10 ], will Not be sad on Earth.
Not be sad because with ' No more death ' on Earth there will be only healthy everlasting life forever on Earth.
- 1st Corinthians 15 v 26; Rev. 21 vs 4,5.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:06 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Janelle, we will forget those who did not make it? So if I have a flashback to my life on earth and say my wife didn't make it, will her face be greyed out or ? I, by the way, labored over this question for years and am curious how you think He does this. I'll know I was married but won't remember who it was? Somehow, this just doesn't sit right.
Zero7-
Although Not Janelle, I hope you won't mind if I take the liberty to make a comment.

First, are you still married or has your wife already died ?
If your wife is deceased, then the question is will you, so to speak, ' make it ' ?
The dead have already ' Paid in Full ' the asking price for their sins which is enemy ' death '.
- Romans 6 vs 23,7; 1st Cor. 15 v 26; Acts 24 v 15

[ only those committing the unforgivable sin are Not forgiven. - Hebrews 6 vs 4-6; Matthew 12 v 32 ]

As for those of us still alive at the soon coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 it is another matter.
The humble ' sheep'-like people are alive on Earth. Those who repent will Not perish [ be destroyed ] -2nd Peter 3 v 9
During the soon coming time of Revelation 20 vs 1-6 all former troubles on Earth will be forgotten.- Isaiah 65 vs 16,17
A new heavens [God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus ] and a new Earth, Not a new planet, but a new earthly righteous society under Christ Jesus will exist on Earth . - 2nd Peter 3 v 13; Psalm 72 v 8

Old 03-16-2014, 07:43 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,506,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No. It's actually quite wonderful to know that love, which comes from God, is the greatest power there is.
Not sure how that is any comfort for you when you diminish the truth to no more than:
that the Bible is the one and only source of knowledge about God and Heaven.
I believe it is a source. One of many.
for that God that you're counting on doesn't share "the greatest power" with anything else .. or the source of truth.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Not sure how that is any comfort for you when you diminish the truth to no more than:
that the Bible is the one and only source of knowledge about God and Heaven.
I believe it is a source. One of many.
for that God that you're counting on doesn't share "the greatest power" with anything else .. or the source of truth.

My comfort comes from having an intrinsic knowledge of God and His love for me, and each of us, for as long as I can remember. He's let me know I'm on the right track.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-16-2014 at 08:48 PM..

Old 03-16-2014, 11:28 PM

439 posts, read 427,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I would find it hard for me to enjoy Heaven if all of the people I've loved on Earth were suffering in Hell, to me the people who I loved on Earth made my stay on Earth like it was Heaven and I would love to continue on with the good times I've had with them in Heaven, many of my friends past and present are Christians.
I haven't read other comments on this thread, so I may be repeating someone else.

First, when we enter in His kingdom we aren't going to feel the same as we do now. We will not feel sorrow, sadness, we won't cry or feel any of the human emotions we know now.

Second, your stay on earth can not compare to heaven, no matter how amazing and wonderful your friends and family are. This type of thinking can actually hold a person back and could possibly lead one to miss out on heaven altogether. I have many great friends who believe the same as I do. They are very Godly people, they fear the Lord and they love the Lord with all their heart. Our time in prayer, worship and fasting is unlike anything I could ever express in words. BUT... There's a big "but"... I do not let that interfere with my spiritual growth or my personal walk with God. Yes, we need our friends and we should not forsake the "gathering together". But our focus cannot be on what heaven would be like without them. We have to take care of ourselves and our household first. If your friends are "Christians" like you say they are, you should not have any worries about them making heaven.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:44 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
So what's left to be said other than you're no less guilty of trying to substantiate intellectually with a straight face by selectively quoting certain verses as being the truth to the exclusion of others not being on the same level of truthfulness or not at all truthful ... yet quoting the same veiled Neanderthals writers in other areas.
You think you're exempt from the schoolmaster stage of human evolution... ???
You, who dare to "point out the schoolmaster stage of human evolution" of others, that we blindly accept and follow the words "written in ink" ... only to blindly accept and follow the words "written in ink" from the same veiled Neanderthals ??
No Mystic ... you want it both ways. Sorry but your veiled view of God is very ancient and primitive and is from the same Neanderthal writers that you find so conveniently to quote.
The same veiled Neanderthal wrote scriptures that you only blindly accept which implies "Jesus loves me this I know ... and that is all I want to know" are the same Neanderthal writers whom you detest when it goes beyond the god of mysticism.
You refuse to use your mind and the sense of right and wrong God painstakingly tried to teach us. You will not discriminate among the writings to remove the veil of ignorance and superstition that clouds the truth. You simply accept it all without question. That is NOT studying to show yourself approved . . . it is mindless acceptance of ignorant primitive understanding. God is not pleased.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,533,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
From what Jesus said there is no marriage in heaven when asked whose wife will the widow be in heaven. Heaven is suppose to be complete happiness so if our love ones don't make it to heaven how do you explain why we are completely happy if we are sad for them?

I don't know how it is done, only God knows that, but why worry? Our mission is to help our love ones make it to heaven. A married couple is suppose to help the other make it to heaven by being loving to them.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:41 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,506,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

My comfort comes from having an intrinsic knowledge of God and His love for me, and each of us, for as long as I can remember. He's let me know I'm on the right track.
How .. for nobody has an intrinsic knowledge of God.

It's impossible to when you think one source is good as another
I don't share your (apparent) belief that the Bible is the one and only source of knowledge about God and Heaven. I believe it is a source. One of many. Not all of them are written and they are not confined to Christianity.
Jesus' answer to Pilots question "what is truth" does in no way come close to "I'm just one of many sources"
"the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.
Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
You do understand what that implies don't you? ... there is no such thing as "I believe it is a source. One of many. Not all of them are written and they are not confined to Christianity." according to Jesus and being "on the side of truth ".

Harsh of Jesus ...?? arrogant of Jesus ... ?? I suppose if one is ashamed of Jesus and doesn't listens to me.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity