Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the BIBLE be the only standard for truth?
YES 20 28.99%
NO 49 71.01%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 02:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What would you add/delete to/from the Bible to make it more complete?
None of it, just because we read it in a different light and spirit to you, does not mean we are adding or taking away from it.

If your dominant belief and picture of God is vengeful, bringing judgement upon folk, destroying his enemies, your prayers never getting answered because it is not God's will or because there is something wrong in your life that needs putting right first before he does, that he's given you the authority to judge sin,that he's somewhere up in the sky looking down upon us, (when in reality he is closer than breathing)just like those who were like minded depicted him in the scriptures, that is fine, but don't dismiss those who see God through a whole new concept previously alien to us( and old testament saints) made known to us by Jesus Christ.

For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] the Light for the illumination of the knowledge of the majesty and glory of God [as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 02:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, Finn, I am saying that an "authority" simply can't give three different and conflicting perceptions.
Are you an ancient Jew? No? Then why do you feel the Law of Moses applies to you? It is not as confusing as it seems. Pray for the Spirit to help you understand.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:49 PM

441 posts, read 392,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Once again, how is your reading perception? I am NOT a Bible only guy. I have been saying all along that neither Bible nor any organization of men ALONE can be an authority, that every scripture, doctrine, "leading," tradition or What have you needs to be checked using all of the tools available to the Spirit.

Wow

Jesus, when tempted, stood on the "naked word" of God, the same we own as a Bible for living life, when He spoke these words to Satan: "It is written".

Old 04-04-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
None of it
So, it is complete, and sufficient?

Old 04-04-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
So, it is complete, and sufficient?
No it is not complete, our completeness is in the knowledge of HIM*and our sufficiency is of God. I think the difference between the bible and scripture has been thoroughly explained to you before.

*Search the scriptures for in them you think you have(you thought wrong) eternal life, but they are they which testify of ME.

The more i hear from you bible inerrantists, the more i am convinced that the spirit and purpose of Christ in us, is an alien concept to you. You have zero faith in him being within and trust your belief in the bible over faith in the one it testifies of, and worse still cannot see the difference, even though those who were entrusted with the scriptures and boasted of they're belief in them, crucified him.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
No it is not complete.
So, it is not complete, and yet nothing should be added or deleted from it. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
So, it is not complete, and yet nothing should be added or deleted from it. Thanks for sharing.
It is only you claiming it is something that is complete. Scripture does not make that claim of itself. It is what it is. What's complete is the one it testifies of. In other words if you want to know what is complete, look at Jesus Christ and as you do, his completeness(all that IS God) will reflect in you.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Do you not see what this verse of scripture is saying here ? That if you behold the glory of the Lord we are changed into the same image. The glory of the Lord, not the bible YOU believe in. The bible you believe in, is instructing YOU to look elsewhere for completeness..............the face of Jesus Christ.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
It is only you claiming it is something that is complete. Scripture does not make that claim of itself.
I have not made any claims. I am asking you if you think the Bible is complete and sufficient.

Complete: having all the necessary or appropriate parts.

You said there is nothing you would add or remove, so how is it not complete? It's like building a house. When you reach a point where you conclude nothing should be added, changed or removed, it is considered complete. God has reached that point with the Bible.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
None of it, just because we read it in a different light and spirit to you, does not mean we are adding or taking away from it.

If your dominant belief and picture of God is vengeful, bringing judgement upon folk, destroying his enemies, your prayers never getting answered because it is not God's will or because there is something wrong in your life that needs putting right first before he does, that he's given you the authority to judge sin,that he's somewhere up in the sky looking down upon us, (when in reality he is closer than breathing)just like those who were like minded depicted him in the scriptures, that is fine, but don't dismiss those who see God through a whole new concept previously alien to us( and old testament saints) made known to us by Jesus Christ.

For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] the Light for the illumination of the knowledge of the majesty and glory of God [as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

Old 04-04-2014, 04:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
No it is not complete, our completeness is in the knowledge of HIM*and our sufficiency is of God. I think the difference between the bible and scripture has been thoroughly explained to you before.

*Search the scriptures for in them you think you have(you thought wrong) eternal life, but they are they which testify of ME.

The more i hear from you bible inerrantists, the more i am convinced that the spirit and purpose of Christ in us, is an alien concept to you. You have zero faith in him being within and trust your belief in the bible over faith in the one it testifies of, and worse still cannot see the difference, even though those who were entrusted with the scriptures and boasted of they're belief in them, crucified him.
The problem comes when those who claim to have Christ's spirit within them, also denigrate Scripture. Mutually conflicting positions. It isn't one or the other, it is both harmonizing without our personal opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity