Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 06:44 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,588,165 times

Advertisements

I agree with ILNC on her post,Jesus did die on the cross for our sins for whosoever believeth in Him will not perish.It is by grace that we are saved If one's focus is on things of the world and not on heaven one can not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. If one does not believe in Him or turns their back and makes something else their god ,they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.Yes there was a purpose for Jesus dying on the cross and Satan is a force that steers us off the path of the Lord and thats why we need to stay in the word and focused on Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 06:51 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,507,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Spm62, I found the other article I was looking for. I had no idea where it was but it was the first article that I linked to when I got home from work. In very descriptive language it talks about the fact that if eternal hell is true, then why wouldn't God have revealed this for thousands of years? Why would God who is described as love, keep this penalty a secret, even from His chosen people?

There is no doubt that Moses was acquainted with the doctrine of future endless punishments. It was the common doctrine of Egypt, as all agree; and "Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians." Acts 7:22. And yet, knowing it as thoroughly as he must have done, he never alludes to it once in all his laws and penalties...

AP Adams

]
thanks Shana,
You give such good info. It helps me a great deal..thanks again

Old 12-14-2007, 06:57 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,225,810 times
Quote:
Not everyone has this faith, some never will. How can God allow anyone into Heaven who rejects Jesus?
Hi, those who reject Jesus are blinded by satan and held captive by him. But the True Light which enlightens every man has come into the world (John 1) I believe that not everyone has faith today. God grants it to certain individuals in this age, but all will one day see and believe. All will not reject Jesus forever. Isaiah 45:

"Turn to Me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth: For I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself, the word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back. That to Me every knee will bow, and every tongue will swear allegiance. They will say of Me, only in the Lord are righteousness and strength. Men will come to Him. And all who were angry at Him shall be put to *shame.

*shame=buwsh, to be ashamed, to be confounded, a flushing of the face, often used in the context of humiliation and shattered human emotions, utter defeat pervade the mood, Disillusionment and a broken spirit follow...

God can do anything with a broken spirit

"A broken and contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.." Psalm 52:17.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:58 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,507,085 times
[quote=I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA;2256503]Christ's death provided a way for all people to come to God. It cleared away the sin that keeps us from having a right relationship with God. This does not mean everyone has been saved or will be, but the way has been cleared for anyone who will trust Jesus to be saved. We are reconciled to God through faith in Jesus and what He did on the cross. Not everyone has this faith, some never will.
Quote:
How can God allow anyone into Heaven who rejects Jesus?
Quote:

He won`t allow anyone into heaven who rejects him. They have to come to repentence like everyone else. However they may not come to repentence in this age. They might have to endure hell (whatever that might be) for a period of time until they come to that repentence.
I still believe people in hell will be there for eternity.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown
Spm62, I found the other article I was looking for. I had no idea where it was but it was the first article that I linked to when I got home from work. In very descriptive language it talks about the fact that if eternal hell is true, then why wouldn't God have revealed this for thousands of years? Why would God who is described as love, keep this penalty a secret, even from His chosen people?

There is no doubt that Moses was acquainted with the doctrine of future endless punishments. It was the common doctrine of Egypt, as all agree; and "Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians." Acts 7:22. And yet, knowing it as thoroughly as he must have done, he never alludes to it once in all his laws and penalties...

AP Adams

]
thanks Shana,
You give such good info. It helps me a great deal..thanks again

You're welcome, Spm62. God bless.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I agree with ILNC on her post,Jesus did die on the cross for our sins for whosoever believeth in Him will not perish.It is by grace that we are saved If one's focus is on things of the world and not on heaven one can not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. If one does not believe in Him or turns their back and makes something else their god ,they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.Yes there was a purpose for Jesus dying on the cross and Satan is a force that steers us off the path of the Lord and thats why we need to stay in the word and focused on Him.
Hi Noland, I believe that all will believe one day. All who believe in this age will not perish, be lost, be destroyed but if all are to be reunited in Christ one day as Ephesians 1 says, this tells me that the lost will be with God in the end. I don't believe that satan's ability and power is greater than the power of God. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:20 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,431,295 times
[quote=ShanaBrown;2256622] All will not reject Jesus forever. Isaiah 45:

What is the verse?

Old 12-14-2007, 07:22 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,431,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Noland, I believe that all will believe one day. All who believe in this age will not perish, be lost, be destroyed but if all are to be reunited in Christ one day as Ephesians 1 says, this tells me that the lost will be with God in the end. I don't believe that satan's ability and power is greater than the power of God. Thanks for sharing and God bless.
What is the verse?

Old 12-14-2007, 07:26 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,552,203 times
well it just like at work, if i do a really good job now, tomarrow will take care of itself.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
What is the verse?
Hi, Isaiah 45:22-24 and Ephesians 1:10. I have NASB and Young's Literal. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity