Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 08:57 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,131,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
OK Let me explain this to you in Simple Words, And I will Type REALLY SLOWLY so that you can understand it.

The Gospel of John was written in the year 90 to 100 CE. It was written by some Jewish Mystics. The quotes attributed to Jesus in this book were never uttered by Jesus. Jesus never said "I am God" Etc. All quotes of Jesus were probably embellishments.
The quotes do NOT reflect anything Jesus said. Rather, they reflect the beliefs that the writer of the book had 100 years after Jesus was dead. The quotes reconcile Jewish values and teachings with the perceived Messianic teachings of Jesus. The Gospel is not an accurate history, but allegorical teaching/profession of faith of Jewish Mystics in the first century.

Bishop John Shelby Spong has a new book out discussing and analyzing the Gospel of John. It can be purchased at bookstores and on Amazon. If online shopping is too complicated for you, then take some money and go to a store and ask the sales clerk to find it for you. You might have to get someone to help you understand it it, but at least make an effort.

His book is a very interesting analysis of the Gospel, how it came about , why it came about, and what it symbolizes. What is important, in the end, is not source but content and message, something you may have a little trouble understanding.

Which is interesting, 98% of the people here understand that.
Did this take you two hours to type?...I mean since you were typing real slow so 101c could understand?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 08:57 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,253,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ruth follows Naomi's advice and when Boaz discovers her at his feet in the middle of the night he asks who she is. Ruth replies: "I am your servant Ruth. Spread the corner of your garment over me, since you are a guardian-redeemer of our family" (Ruth 3:9). By calling him a "redeemer" Ruth is referencing an ancient custom, where a brother would marry the wife of his deceased brother if he died without children. The first child born of that union would then be considered the child of the deceased brother and would inherit all of his properties.

A man can also be called a redeemer...
LOL, is not Christ a MAN?, this is why I teach "diversity", listen
G1085 γένος genos (ghen'-os) n.
1. kin, from G1096
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock

see how the KJV can translate the word "OFFSPRING", kind(-red), country(-man), was not the Christ "BORN" of a woman?. see the first definition Kin, as in Kinsman, or country (man). our Lord Jesus the Christ is the Kinsman Redeemer, in Flesh and blood, hence the diversity of God. and in Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God". the LORD is all cap because his nature is Spirit, meaning GOD. now lets prove it out.

Isaiah 6:1 "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

Isaiah 6:2 "Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

Isaiah 6:3 "And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

did you see the "Lord" in verse 1, and the "LORD" in verse 6. LOL there is no mistake in the translators, even men, God guided their hand. Lord, is LORD, (smile), only what important, which you missed is this. Lord is LORD in flesh, yes the diversity. see your lie of the devil on the translators. you need to repent of that lie.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
let me type slowly for you, so that you can understand god word, not me, but him, (god). You said, " it was written by some jewish mystics", ok give name?. Then you said, " jesus never said "i am god" etc. All quotes of jesus were probably embellishments". Jesus said he is god you just cannot understand it. What you are look for is something like this "hey fellas i'm god". To those who are lost keep on looking. When he simply said, "i and my father are one, he just told you who he is. Of when the jews want to stone him for claiming to god, (see john 10:30-33). The jews knew exactly what jesus said, "he is god in flesh". That's mooted.
And you claim, "all quotes of jesus were probably embellishments". probably don't get it. That's mooted

then you said, "the quotes do not reflect anything jesus said. Rather, they reflect the beliefs that the writer of the book had 100 years after jesus was dead". Well jesus is alive. And i haven't see any evident of any changes to the fact that what was written was not true, surely if so jesus himself would say so. So that is moot also.

Then you said, "the gospel is not an accurate history, but allegorical teaching/profession of faith of jewish mystics in the first century". Your opinion or theirs?. So that moot also.

Then you said, "bishop john shelby spong has a new book out discussing and analyzing the gospel of john. It can be purchased at bookstores and on amazon". Good you go and buy it, no sale pitches with me. So the bottom line is to buy his book, well that's mooted also.

Now the last thing. You said this, "which is interesting, 98% of the people here understand that". The road to destruction is wide and many travel it, (98%), but the road that is straight and narrow only a few travel it. So i prefer the 2%. Now unless you have scripture to back up your claims,

good day to you.

lmao...

Old 08-30-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ditto im with you on this one but since the bible is not a history book and the vatican has done just a tiny bit of editing we really dont know whats he said and did.
take the good and leave the rest.
Eat the meat and spit out the bones...

Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Matthew 22:42 "Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, sayingMatthew 22:44 "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?.

that’s Christ sitting, how hared is it for some to understand. my, my, my.

all that waste of writing, when one can go straight to the word of god for the answer. Pitiful.
You have to understand Jewish (easten) thought and idioms if you really want to understand it...

Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
My, my, my...No scripture reference to anything you just said...Tsk, tsk, tsk...(smile)...Bad girl, 101c...You demand it from others but not of yourself?....

BTW, Thomas said, "My Lord and My Judge"...or..."My Lord and my Representative"...Since theos also has those two meaning and therefore can me applied to men also...
Richard you're what the apostle calls, "vain jangling", lets put it in modern terms, court jester. other words we don't take what you say serious.

Good day to you.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
LOL, is not Christ a MAN?, this is why I teach "diversity", listen
G1085 γένος genos (ghen'-os) n.
1. kin, from G1096
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock

see how the KJV can translate the word "OFFSPRING", kind(-red), country(-man), was not the Christ "BORN" of a woman?. see the first definition Kin, as in Kinsman, or country (man). our Lord Jesus the Christ is the Kinsman Redeemer, in Flesh and blood, hence the diversity of God. and in Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God". the LORD is all cap because his nature is Spirit, meaning GOD. now lets prove it out.

Isaiah 6:1 "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

Isaiah 6:2 "Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

Isaiah 6:3 "And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

did you see the "Lord" in verse 1, and the "LORD" in verse 6. LOL there is no mistake in the translators, even men, God guided their hand. Lord, is LORD, (smile), only what important, which you missed is this. Lord is LORD in flesh, yes the diversity. see your lie of the devil on the translators. you need to repent of that lie.
Lol...You're impossible to teach...

Old 08-30-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Richard you're what the apostle calls, "vain jangling", lets put it in modern terms, court jester. other words we don't take what you say serious.

Good day to you.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around...Everybody is just laughing at you on this board...Even LKC couldn't understand you, and he's highly educated, like most on this board are that make sense, you seem to be unable to express yourself properly in the English language...And you still haven't stated what your native tongue is...

Old 08-30-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around...Everybody is just laughing at you on this board...Even LKC couldn't understand you, and he's highly educated, like most on this board are that make sense, you seem to be unable to express yourself properly in the English language...And you still haven't stated what your native tongue is...
LOL, let anyone laugh, why are you worried about it , just like in Noah day many laugh, until the day came when laughing ended. Noah and his family was safe, so you keep on laughing, and don't worry about me, or anyone else. now keep up the good laughing, Oh I mean work. (smile).

as for understanding just read Isaiah chapter 29, verses, 9-12. and this is where education, or the lack of it stand. in the same boat when come to the word of God.

peace CJ.

and Goodday

Old 08-30-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
LOL, let anyone laugh, why are you worried about it , just like in Noah day many laugh, until the day came when laughing ended. Noah and his family was safe, so you keep on laughing, and don't worry about me, or anyone else. now keep up the good laughing, Oh I mean work. (smile).

as for understanding just read Isaiah chapter 29, verses, 9-12. and this is where education, or the lack of it stand. in the same boat when come to the word of God.

peace CJ.

and Goodday
It's Gooday not Goodday...How do you expect anyone to take you seriosly when you are unable to express yourself grammatically, it shows a lack of proper education...And you won't state your native tongue nor the church you attend like it is some big secret...How do you expect people to understand where you are coming from when you are so secretive?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity