Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 08:36 AM

7,616 posts, read 6,126,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
LOL, so I take this as a NO I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THE REVELATION QUESTIONS. these question I asked make perfect sense. I know, with all of your education you can answer the SIMPLE questions with no efforts. but for you edification, read Isaiah, chapter 29 verses, 10,11 and 12. this is where your education stand .
My opinion on John, Revelations, or anything else withing the topic of this thread is not the issue. I made references which were accurate, and that is all that I did. Any conclusions drawn by yourself, or anyone else, is secondary, and open to discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 08:45 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,253,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
My opinion on John, Revelations, or anything else withing the topic of this thread is not the issue. I made references which were accurate, and that is all that I did. Any conclusions drawn by yourself, or anyone else, is secondary, and open to discussion.
accurate?, by who's standards, you said you believe in the book of Revelation, but not John's Book . and both are saying that the Lord Jesus is God, that's a contradiction on your part. so your conclusions is secondary, as well as null and void. see LKC, you don't believe in God, for if you did you would have known the Jesus is God, according to John 's Gospel, or the Book of revelation. I see a scam when one is a scam. and dishonest also.

so good day, and no need to explain your thoughts, or beliefs any further.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:31 AM

When the Lord JESUS said in Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me”. for all who believe in a second person. God is clearly saying there is no SECOND, or THIRD PERSON, beside, or with him, he said it, and his apostles said it and his disciples said. JESUS IS GOD.

it is very rare that anyone could say beside the apostle Peter, Paul in the apostleship that the Lord JESUS is God. but the apostle Jame makes the same statement, JESUS is GOD. James 1:5 " If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord”. wait a minute, I thought one was asking ofGod?. so why the verse, “ receive any thing ofthe Lord”. was it not GOD who give, " to all men liberally, and upbraideth not?". here the apostle James is saying that JESUS is God.

lets look at the apostle Peter again. first OT, Psalms 34:8 "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious”. both taste, & gracious, are confirmed, and gracious here is G5543 χρηστός chrestos (khrase-tos') adj.
a. employed, b. useful
KJV: better, easy, good(-ness), gracious, kind
there’s the “good”, as the KJV can translate it. Here we can clearly see that the apostle is stating that the “Lord”, is the “LORD”, who is "Good", once one "Taste" him, Peter was quoting from the OT.

and the apostle Peter do it again, OT, Isaiah 8:13 "Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. 1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear”.

why would the apostle Peter use the term “Lord God”, when quoting from the OT?. bringing it home, was it not believed by some that the Lord is not God?. sighting John 17:3?. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. many have said that the Lord and God here are two separate person. well the apostle Peter is saying different. if I was to choose between some scholar and the apostle Peter, (who is speaking for God), I’m going with the apostle peter.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,454,545 times
Christianity 101c:

So, God subjected himself to himself?

Apparently, you are self-absorbed.

"A believer in egoism."

Old 09-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Christianity 101c:

So, God subjected himself to himself?
Apparently, you are self-absorbed.

"A believer in egoism."
I will respond in this manner, instead of stooping to lower level. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God".

Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 PM

The mind of the flesh is focused on death; but the mind of the Spirit – life and peace.
Shalom is more than a state of mind.
Peace, be with you in this life, as it is with me.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
The mind of the flesh is focused on death; but the mind of the Spirit – life and peace.
Shalom is more than a state of mind. Peace, be with you in this life, as it is with me.
Peace be with you also. but the mind is the seat of power. Read Romans chapter 7, there is the true fight.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Peace be with you also. but the mind is the seat of power. Read Romans chapter 7, there is the true fight.
The seat of power rests in the Spirit of truth, not the minds of men.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
The seat of power rests in the Spirit of truth, not the minds of men.
Sorry can't buy that. if that's the case then the Holy Sprit is the author of sin. for many have the Holy Spirit, and still sin. it is the Soul who decide to follow the Spirit, or the Flesh. Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. that’s a conscious decision to walk after the Spirit, and that decision is made in the MIND or the Soul. why?, next verse, 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would
so please tell me who the “YE” is here?.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:06 PM

7,616 posts, read 6,126,070 times
Quote:
accurate?, by who's standards, you said you believe in the book of Revelation, but not John's Book . and both are saying that the Lord Jesus is God, that's a contradiction on your part. so your conclusions is secondary, as well as null and void. see LKC, you don't believe in God, for if you did you would have known the Jesus is God, according to John 's Gospel, or the Book of revelation. I see a scam when one is a scam. and dishonest also.

so good day, and no need to explain your thoughts, or beliefs any further.
No I said that I did NOT believe in the book of Revelations. That was the correct answer based on how you worded the question. Go back and reread the garbage you wrote. If you do not learn to use proper English here on the forum, then you should not get so worked up when people fail to comprehend your meanings and intentions.

If you did spend a little more time learning, then you would understand the responses I made, including the commentary about the authorship and timeline of the Gospel of John. It is sad that you do not understand or know the origins of this book which you seem to hold in such high regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity