Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,583,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
There is no evidence of that in the text. They felt he had a demon because he claimed existence before Abraham.

Define 'worship', by the way. If you don't pray to Jesus, then how do you figure worship into it?
It's what you said, I don't I didn't look, it's irrelevant, what is evident is that they accused Him of blaspheming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,584,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It's what you said, I don't I didn't look, it's irrelevant, what is evident is that they accused Him of blaspheming
And they knew he was claiming to be God's son, as John chapter 10 shows. This was also considered blasphemy. Why must he be claiming equality with God in order to anger them? They did not believe he was the promised Messiah and claiming to be such was in itself a grave offense in their eyes.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 AM

33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” [LEFT] 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’d? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp. [/LEFT]

Old 10-22-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” [LEFT] 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’d? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp. [/LEFT]
Do you not see that he corrected them? He says it himself. "I am God's son'. So even if they were misled at first, he set them straight.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
And they knew he was claiming to be God's son, as John chapter 10 shows. This was also considered blasphemy. Why must he be claiming equality with God in order to anger them? They did not believe he was the promised Messiah and claiming to be such was in itself a grave offense in their eyes.
Where?

Old 10-22-2008, 11:01 AM

Many have claimed to be the Messiah before and after Jesus. I heard no big uproar in history of them being accused of blasphemy

Old 10-22-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Where?

Look Up...verse 36 of the passage you posted. 'Why do you accuse me of blasphemy because I say 'I am God's Son'?

Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Look Up...verse 36 of the passage you posted. 'Why do you accuse me of blasphemy because I say 'I am God's Son'?
Nope because they already said, 33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” therefore by your example claiming to be the Son of God was claiming you were God to the Jews?

Old 10-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Nope because they already said, 33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” therefore by your example claiming to be the Son of God was claiming you were God to the Jews?

But Jesus corrected them. They obviously weren't interested in learning the truth about him or they would already have known this. I personally think you're putting too much emphasis on what his enemies thought about him and not enough about what he thought of himself.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
But Jesus corrected them. They obviously weren't interested in learning the truth about him or they would already have known this. I personally think you're putting too much emphasis on what his enemies thought about him and not enough about what he thought of himself.
No He didn't and you are filling in gaps that aren't there. They clearly thought He was claiming to be God and Jesus never corrected them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity