Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 04:38 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I proved from Ephraim and David's example your context of a finite status is wrong
How is that? Ephraim and David both had a beginning. God, however, is from everlasting to everlasting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!" Again, in response, the Jews take up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus

"At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds."

AGAIN JESUS DOESN'T CORRECT

Old 10-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
How is that? Ephraim and David both had a beginning. God, however, is from everlasting to everlasting.
You say, he was born first before all creation, "First born" has nothing to do with being created.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!" Again, in response, the Jews take up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus

"At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds."

AGAIN JESUS DOESN'T CORRECT
Yeah, I figure that has something to do w/ running for his life.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
You say, he was born first before all creation, "First born" has nothing to do with being created.

born (bôrn)
v.
A past participle of bear1.
adj. Abbr. b.
a. Brought into life by birth.
b. Brought into existence; created: A new nation was born with the revolution.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I figure that has something to do w/ running for his life.
Ya I am sure Jesus was afraid ("my time has not yet come") considering He had a destiny on the cross but I guess God isn't always in control?

Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
born (bôrn)
v.
A past participle of bear1.
adj. Abbr. b.
a. Brought into life by birth.
b. Brought into existence; created: A new nation was born with the revolution.
David nor Ephraim were first born in their family, it is a sense of preeminence or "prime position." that is it, has nothing to do with being actually born.

I am not questioning the word, I am questioning your context of the word used.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Ya I am sure Jesus was afraid considering He had a destiny on the cross but I guess God isn't always in control?

My point is that just because there is no record of his rebuttal doesnt mean he didnt attempt it or that it was not forthcoming. They knew he was claiming he was God's son as is evident in John 10:36

Old 10-21-2008, 04:48 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
you used "First Born" to prove your point and I showed you first born in a different context.

I believe Jesus is the Son of God, no argument there-co-existent, co-eternal

Do you have a verse to support "father comes before the son and the rest of what you wrote"?
Language is used to convey ideas and what is said is relevant to what things are.

When it is explained to us that the relationship between God the Father and Jesus the son of God - the relationship itself is not going to be different than the earthly counterpart.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-21-2008 at 04:58 PM..

Old 10-21-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
My point is that just because there is no record of his rebuttal doesnt mean he didnt attempt it or that it was not forthcoming. They knew he was claiming he was God's son as is evident in John 10:36
He should have, I mean that is blasphemy and confusing by not correcting the people, yet he had all the time to explain the gospel but He could never recant nor correct anyone about Him not being God.

Are you not the one who says, God is not about confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity