Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Role Should Church Have In A Christian's Walk?
Should Be A Large Important Part 15 62.50%
A regular part but no duties or commitments 1 4.17%
Optional 6 25.00%
No Part At All 2 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 10:50 AM

550 posts, read 517,559 times

Advertisements

If Two(2) can agree on the teachings of The Most High in Christ, they just had "Church"

No need for the Mega-Party Palaces, which they use to throw Halloween Haunted House parties every single year. Some of you people in here have attended the same wicked Halloween gatherings at YOUR church. Blasphemy

Insane how a LOT of churches allow this wicked ceremony to take place. Just more proof that it's Heathens in the churches 24/7. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 11:05 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Lissen, Warden, You need to set up a sock puppet or two to post under, 'cause it's just frustrating not to be able to "rep" good posts.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,356,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
Feel free to comment.
The Church is important: See in bold below

Matthew 16:18-19King James Version (KJV)

Quote:
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Furthermore, the Tabernacle is in the Church. That alone makes the Church incredibly important!

Old 07-07-2014, 11:52 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,531,290 times
Next to my FIL lives a doctor who participates in Doctors Without Boundaries. On a moments notice he flies to disaster areas. I've often thought of local Churches Without Boundaries.

If church is there to meet the needs of people why not join hands? "Many hands makes light work." I've witnessed in my own community the positive effects when churches join forces. Homeless shelters, meals, clothing, etc..

Too often we're stuck in a vacuum with our heads in the sand. We'd rather point fingers at one another when we should be shaking hands. Breaking down these walls that separate us does not mean forfeiting anything we hold dear within our precious denominations. I truly think we've set ourselves up for failure by allowing fear to dictate what common sense alone should tell us in ridiculous. People go to work, to shop, to play every day with those from other churches, yet on Sunday they wouldn't be caught dead walking into and out of their church with them.

Someone once said, "Al, you sound like a communist or something." I said, "I am no communist, but I am something-a Christian." As Charles Spurgeon said, They (the early church) were so generous that they threw in their property into a common stock lest any should be in need. They were not communists, they were
Christians; and the difference between a communist and a Christian is this—a communist says, “All yours is mine;” while a Christian says, “all mine is yours;” and that is a very different thing. The one is for getting, and the other for giving.

All mine is yours. Words for churches to live by.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
No need for the Mega-Party Palaces, which they use to throw Halloween Haunted House parties every single year. Some of you people in here have attended the same wicked Halloween gatherings at YOUR church. Blasphemy
Just a quick comment on that. A church I know used to hold an annual "Harvest Party." It was extremely popular. No one could wear scary costumes or masks. There would be close to 2000 people show up for the carnival, hay rides, and to see up close fire engines and the hospital helicopter. They quit doing it because of the insurance issue, I was told.

What do you think of something like that?

Old 07-07-2014, 12:05 PM

550 posts, read 517,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
Next to my FIL lives a doctor who participates in Doctors Without Boundaries. On a moments notice he flies to disaster areas. I've often thought of local Churches Without Boundaries.

If church is there to meet the needs of people why not join hands? "Many hands makes light work." I've witnessed in my own community the positive effects when churches join forces. Homeless shelters, meals, clothing, etc..

Too often we're stuck in a vacuum with our heads in the sand. We'd rather point fingers at one another when we should be shaking hands. Breaking down these walls that separate us does not mean forfeiting anything we hold dear within our precious denominations. I truly think we've set ourselves up for failure by allowing fear to dictate what common sense alone should tell us in ridiculous. People go to work, to shop, to play every day with those from other churches, yet on Sunday they wouldn't be caught dead walking into and out of their church with them.

Someone once said, "Al, you sound like a communist or something." I said, "I am no communist, but I am something-a Christian." As Charles Spurgeon said, They (the early church) were so generous that they threw in their property into a common stock lest any should be in need. They were not communists, they were
Christians; and the difference between a communist and a Christian is this—a communist says, “All yours is mine;” while a Christian says, “all mine is yours;” and that is a very different thing. The one is for getting, and the other for giving.

All mine is yours. Words for churches to live by.

A LOT of Preachers think just because they scream out "Jesus!", sing-along-chant songs and pass a collection plate, they are doing GOD's work.

But in reality, if a Preacher is not teaching the Laws, Statutes and Commandments every time they meet up, His works are nothing.

a LOT of Christians "think" they can go feed the needy and take out the elderly's trash and think that's GOD's work, it's not. that just a kind gesture towards humanity.

GOD's work is teaching, learning and following the Commandments and keeping THOSE. This is the LOVE of Christ. If a Pastor is not doing these things, His works are mere dirty rags.

Christ was about TRUTH, not compromise.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:16 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,657,427 times
I think that it's difficult to find a good church. However, the bible is clear that we are to seek the fellowship of other believers.

Not attending church and worshiping God in nature, sounds nice. But it is not consistent with Christian beliefs. We are a religion of community.

Ideally, you church should be an extension of your family. A place of comfort and refuge. Is it hard to find that? Yes. In my experience it is.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:46 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Just a note, the correct name of the organization is Doctors Without Borders and they do wonderful work, well worth any support.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:06 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,356,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
I think that it's difficult to find a good church. However, the bible is clear that we are to seek the fellowship of other believers.

Not attending church and worshiping God in nature, sounds nice. But it is not consistent with Christian beliefs. We are a religion of community.

Ideally, you church should be an extension of your family. A place of comfort and refuge. Is it hard to find that? Yes. In my experience it is.
I think the opposite. Finding a church is extremely easy, unless the seeker has very particular needs.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
Ideally, you church should be an extension of your family.
It blew me away when I read "extension of your family." I say that to every parent who interviews for placing their child in our Christian school. Many parents do NOT think it is their role to be the primary educator of their child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity