Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 12:48 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As you can see, Warden . . . the judges will NOT be deprived of their judging. Why they think our Almighty God needs THEM to judge or enforce His laws on anyone but themselves is a mystery of human psychology that continues to mystify me. The effort and diligence needed to judge and control my own issues in "love of God and each other" DAILY and repent when I don't . . . usually exceeds my capabilities. Adding the burden of watching, judging and condemning others is definitely too much. I can only assume that they must be ignoring their "planks" to do it, Warden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
As usual, take your issue with Jesus Christ, who taught to judge out of love. Your doctrine is the opposite of love, mainly hypocrisy.
It is the epitome of irony that Jesus who judged and condemned NO ONE is used as the excuse to do that very thing and call it love! Humans are indeed a perverse lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 02:36 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,733,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is the epitome of irony that Jesus who judged and condemned NO ONE is used as the excuse to do that very thing and call it love! Humans are indeed a perverse lot.
From Jesus. Matthew 26:29-33

Quote:
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous, saying, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ Thus you witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers. You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?
At least He knows where they are going.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times
Sharing the Faith at a Gay-Pride Parade | Catholic Answers

This would be what he would say.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,333,196 times
Quote:
You mistake justice for murder, which simply shows your lack of understanding for the perfect holiness and righteousness of the one true and perfectly just God. Also, the Scripture records the history of imperfect men and not everything is done by God in the Scripture nor condoned by God. I thought you would know that.
Justice? LOL! God does not dish out justice. He dishes out vengeance and wrath. He throws temper tantrums like a child and murders - yes, murders - because he isn't getting all of the attention. It all boils down to one singular verse:

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

Petulent and petty, like all other man-made gods that came before him. But don't take my word for it. See for yourself in God's actions.

Cain, who became the first ever murderer, was given a mark of protection and allowed to go free, to live his life. Why? Because Cain's murder of Abel was not a crime against God but rather a crime against a fellow human being. However, the guy who was caught picking up sticks on the Sabbath had to be immediately executed by God's expressed orders. Why? Because the stick-picker-upper commited an act against God; he violated a religious rather than a criminal edict.

Sounds an awful lot like ISIS, doesn't it.

Quote:
That is indeed what I am saying. I'm sorry that upsets you.
Why would it upset me? Your God is nothing but vaporware, a primitive tribal god that isn't any different than all the rest of the gods out there. You can tell because of how he's perpetually angry and how quick he is to mete out epic punishments. Ask how many people God killed ... and then ask how many he healed.

The only thing that upsets me is how belief in these ridiculous characters twists morality into something unrecognizeable - so that genocide or the murder of 42 children becomes acceptable. If you could see yourself from where I'm standing, you would give yourself the screaming heebee jeebees.

Quote:
I know you want a warm and fuzzy loving God that only gives out ponies and cotton candy and tells you how great you are.
Actually, I'm quite content with no gods at all, thanks. But were I to invent a god, like the Hebrews did 3,000 years ago, I wouldn't have made him to be a genocidal egomaniac, a thoroughly detestable character that belongs strapped into the electric chair, not placed in equisite paintings on the ceilings of lofty cathedrals.

Because it is barely a twitch to go from believing your god has the right to kill - to believing you, yourself, has the right to kill in his name. Once again, look at ISIS. You're closer to them than you think.

Quote:
God is holy and righteous, and does not bear the sword in vain. But do not confuse justice with murder, as God does not murder.
Wanna bet? I'll bet you billions of dollars that God has been a party to murder at least once in the Bible. No, how about something more tangible. How about if I'm right, I delete my account and never post here again. That's how confident I am that God has been a party to murder.

Remember Job? God lifted his protection from Job and gave Satan permission to do whatever he thought necessary to destroy Job's faith. In the ensuing atrocity, Job's entire family was killed. No, not because they were sinful, evil, or disobedient to God, NO.

They were killed as part of a stupid childish bet between two immortal beings, both of whom thought it would be cute to manipulate and torture human beings just to prove some macho point to each other. God was a party to the murder of Job's family - as guilty as a woman who hires a hitman to kill her husband.

God is a murderer - and that SHOULD cast doubt on whether all of the other deaths God caused from that day until now were REALLY about justice.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Justice? LOL! God does not dish out justice. He dishes out vengeance and wrath. He throws temper tantrums like a child and murders - yes, murders - because he isn't getting all of the attention. It all boils down to one singular verse:

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

Petulent and petty, like all other man-made gods that came before him. But don't take my word for it. See for yourself in God's actions.

Cain, who became the first ever murderer, was given a mark of protection and allowed to go free, to live his life. Why? Because Cain's murder of Abel was not a crime against God but rather a crime against a fellow human being. However, the guy who was caught picking up sticks on the Sabbath had to be immediately executed by God's expressed orders. Why? Because the stick-picker-upper commited an act against God; he violated a religious rather than a criminal edict.

Sounds an awful lot like ISIS, doesn't it.

Why would it upset me? Your God is nothing but vaporware, a primitive tribal god that isn't any different than all the rest of the gods out there. You can tell because of how he's perpetually angry and how quick he is to mete out epic punishments. Ask how many people God killed ... and then ask how many he healed.

The only thing that upsets me is how belief in these ridiculous characters twists morality into something unrecognizeable - so that genocide or the murder of 42 children becomes acceptable. If you could see yourself from where I'm standing, you would give yourself the screaming heebee jeebees.

Actually, I'm quite content with no gods at all, thanks. But were I to invent a god, like the Hebrews did 3,000 years ago, I wouldn't have made him to be a genocidal egomaniac, a thoroughly detestable character that belongs strapped into the electric chair, not placed in equisite paintings on the ceilings of lofty cathedrals.

Because it is barely a twitch to go from believing your god has the right to kill - to believing you, yourself, has the right to kill in his name. Once again, look at ISIS. You're closer to them than you think.

Wanna bet? I'll bet you billions of dollars that God has been a party to murder at least once in the Bible. No, how about something more tangible. How about if I'm right, I delete my account and never post here again. That's how confident I am that God has been a party to murder.

Remember Job? God lifted his protection from Job and gave Satan permission to do whatever he thought necessary to destroy Job's faith. In the ensuing atrocity, Job's entire family was killed. No, not because they were sinful, evil, or disobedient to God, NO.

They were killed as part of a stupid childish bet between two immortal beings, both of whom thought it would be cute to manipulate and torture human beings just to prove some macho point to each other. God was a party to the murder of Job's family - as guilty as a woman who hires a hitman to kill her husband.

God is a murderer - and that SHOULD cast doubt on whether all of the other deaths God caused from that day until now were REALLY about justice.
And they not only don't condemn this slaughterer of billions, they worship it!

Old 08-22-2014, 08:29 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,408,000 times
Quote:
First of all, you're mistaken because the evidence of Scripture mentioning homosexuality specifically plus the perfect God-designed man and woman relationship, plus the teachings regarding marriage all add up to homosexual acts being sin. You can turn a blind eye all you wish, but as I said, the Scripture is clear on the subject.
Yet I'm not "turning a blind eye" to the cultural contexts in which those verses were originally written. You are.
Instead of telling me I am mistaken, why not find out for yourself about the cultures in which the texts were written?

There is no scripture that mentions homosexuality at all. Just rape of strangers and sex acts used in ritual idolatrous worship of pagan gods. That's not homosexuality.

Last edited by Ceist; 08-22-2014 at 08:48 PM..

Old 08-22-2014, 08:42 PM

1,146 posts, read 651,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And they not only don't condemn this slaughterer of billions, they worship it!
For this reason, judgment is coming upon upon the foolish and the scoffers. For if they actually believed the words they use as weapons they would be on their knees begging God's forgiveness.

It is written that it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God.

What do you think, pilgrim, that because it is fashionable in America to despise and judge God - the Almighty will hide behind a bush and not rise up against the insults heaped upon His Holy Name? He will certainly not ignore it, but will with great energy and violence raise His hand against it.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

Repent while you still have time, pilgrim, for there is little of it left to do so.

Those who worship God do so because He has earned it, not because we are threatened.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
For this reason, judgment is coming upon upon the foolish and the scoffers. For if they actually believed the words they use as weapons they would be on their knees begging God's forgiveness.

It is written that it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God.

What do you think, pilgrim, that because it is fashionable in America to despise and judge God - the Almighty will hide behind a bush and not rise up against the insults heaped upon His Holy Name? He will certainly not ignore it, but will with great energy and violence raise His hand against it.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

Repent while you still have time, pilgrim, for there is little of it left to do so.

Those who worship God do so because He has earned it, not because we are threatened.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
Your God deserves nothing but contempt and loathing.

And that's me, speaking from reality.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:09 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,539,736 times
thanks for asking. she says that all sensuality is evil.
the original christians were monks lived in chastity, just worked & prayed--- ascetics.
hetero homo its all bad.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your God deserves nothing but contempt and loathing.

And that's me, speaking from reality.
That is so sad. I'm sad for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity