Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 05:35 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,974,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
You wont have a choice in the matter.
Explain please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 06:10 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,260,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Explain please.
There is not a single person who, when standing in the presence of God, will not fall to the ground in submission and acknowledgement of the authority and lordship of a perfect and holy God.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
There is not a single person who, when standing in the presence of God, will not fall to the ground in submission and acknowledgement of the authority and lordship of a perfect and holy God.

Ahh, I see. But don't you believe in annihilation or eternal torment...? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Ahh, I see. But don't you believe in annihilation or eternal torment...? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else.
According to Scripture, everyone will stand before God on the day of judgement. I didn't say these people will enter the Kingdom Of Heaven, only that their pretense of flippancy and unbelief will vanish in an instant and they will fall on their faces in awe and submission. However, Jesus says that he will say to that unbeliever, 'Depart from me, I never knew you...' and they will be separated from God for eternity.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
According to Scripture, everyone will stand before God on the day of judgement. I didn't say these people will enter the Kingdom Of Heaven, only that their pretense of flippancy and unbelief will vanish in an instant and they will fall on their faces in awe and submission. However, Jesus says that he will say to that unbeliever, 'Depart from me, I never knew you...' and they will be separated from God for eternity.

Every knee will bow under the extraordinary WEIGHT of His LOVE.

It is those who THINK they know God, yet do NOT love, that God will say "Depart from me... " but it is only to show them the error of their ways. That they did NOT know God. For to love, is to Know God for God is love. Everything is for our maturation, our understanding. Life is not some sort of twisted game where the "winners" go onto some paradise and the "losers" are banished from the island, so to speak.

I'm sorry that you have such a view of the Creator, that would cause you to believe he would actually separate Himself from a human being forever. God is love. You think there is somewhere humans will be dwelling where He is NOT? Impossible.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Every knee will bow under the extraordinary WEIGHT of His LOVE.

It is those who THINK they know God, yet do NOT love, that God will say "Depart from me... " but it is only to show them the error of their ways. That they did NOT know God. For to love, is to Know God for God is love. Everything is for our maturation, our understanding. Life is not some sort of twisted game where the "winners" go onto some paradise and the "losers" are banished from the island, so to speak.

I'm sorry that you have such a view of the Creator, that would cause you to believe he would actually separate Himself from a human being forever. God is love. You think there is somewhere humans will be dwelling where He is NOT? Impossible.
I understand this is what you believe, however, as I have shown time and time again the Scripture contradicts such a view of a 'love-only' God.

But this discussion is available in other threads and does not need to be discussed in this one.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:18 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,349,509 times
Finding it hard to remember if my pastor said anything about homosexuality. so much more to talk about

Old 08-25-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I understand this is what you believe, however, as I have shown time and time again the Scripture contradicts such a view of a 'love-only' God.

All that God is, is rooted in what He is: LOVE.
Justice, judgements... it is ALL rooted in LOVE.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
All that God is, is rooted in what He is: LOVE.
Justice, judgements... it is ALL rooted in LOVE.
As I said, there are half a dozen threads on Universalism. This is not one of them.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
As I said, there are half a dozen threads on Universalism. This is not one of them.

I'm not talking about universalism. I'm talking about what God is. Love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity