Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:04 PM

28,134 posts, read 30,062,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Those who think they need to focus only on judging themselves are not hearing what Jesus said.
I heard Him say, "Judge not that ye be not judged." I'll let Him be your judge. Meanwhile, if you feel justified in judging me, have at it. I hope you won't be disappointed to learn, though, that in the end your opinion of me won't matter in the slightest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 10:10 PM

618 posts, read 542,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
If a Christian gets into the business of 'judging sinners', instead of 'judging/discerning sin', they have crossed the line into "God's business." However, sin does not exist in a vacuum, and Christians who avoid any reference to 'sin', whenever sinners are present, are "preaching to the choir."
Hello again jghorton.

From my perspective, when one speaks out against sin in the presence of "sinners," they walk a very fine line between being Christ-like and being like the Pharisees. For that reason, I would error strongly on the side of silence and focus on the positive rather than talk of sin. That is my opinion, you are certainly entitled to agree or disagree.

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I heard Him say, "Judge not that ye be not judged." I'll let Him be your judge. Meanwhile, if you feel justified in judging me, have at it.
I hope you won't be disappointed to learn, though, that in the end your opinion of me won't matter in the slightest.
Quote:
So you think.

Stay awake or you won't know when your lord has come.
A desire to Lord it, over others?

Old 07-20-2014, 10:29 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,793,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A True Believer Must Judge?

He should judge his own walk, lest he stumble.
Jesus said to judge righteously. Learn what it means though I have shown it with scripture in the OP.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:41 AM

Hello again Peacegiver.

Quote:
Jesus said to judge righteously. Learn what it means though I have shown it with scripture in the OP.
So you say, but you have not responded to me or any other poster pointing out the contradiction between your interpretation of the verse you lifted from John and Matthew 7:1-3. Nor have you addressed the context of John 7 in its entirety - the fact that Jesus was not addressing his followers at all, but rather those who would judge him under the law of Moses.

Please, share your thoughts on these.

Thanks.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,236,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Matthew 7:1

Judge not....
Those who want to indulge their favorite sin like to bring up "not judge" and "love one another", but sin is already judged. God has told us clearly what is right and wrong, and there is no question. If you kill someone in cold blood, and I say to you "What you have done is wrong?" I am not judging you. I am stating the obvious. You have broken God's rules.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Those who want to indulge their favorite sin like to bring up "not judge" and "love one another", but sin is already judged. God has told us clearly what is right and wrong, and there is no question. If you kill someone in cold blood, and I say to you "What you have done is wrong?" I am not judging you. I am stating the obvious. You have broken God's rules.
Hello Bideshi.

After reading your post, I just felt the need to share this thought with you:

Quote:
Luke 18:9-14 (NASB)

And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Was the Pharisee in this parable not stating the obvious? Yet it was the sinner who went home justified.

Thanks.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello Bideshi.

After reading your post, I just felt the need to share this thought with you:

Was the Pharisee in this parable not stating the obvious? Yet it was the sinner who went home justified.

Thanks.
Do you think Jesus was unfairly judging when he ran the money changers out of the temple? Do you think He was judging unfairly when he told the woman adulteress to "sin no more"? Opposing wrong doing is not judging.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Do you think Jesus was unfairly judging when he ran the money changers out of the temple? Do you think He was judging unfairly when he told the woman adulteress to "sin no more"? Opposing wrong doing is not judging.
Hello Bideshi.

Are you Jesus? Do you believe that you have his capability to discern right and wrong in all cases?

Quote:
1 Corinthians 4:9

Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God.
Thanks.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello Bideshi.

Are you Jesus? Do you believe that you have his capability to discern right and wrong in all cases?

Thanks.
I have God's Word, and so do you. We have no excuse for our sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity