Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 05:00 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,796,638 times

Advertisements

Since Jesus said to follow Him a true believer must judge because Jesus did judge. He said He judged as He heard by doing the will of God. He also said how to judge in this way;

John 7:24 NKJV
New King James Version
Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

To judge with righteous judgment is to judge righteously and scripture says "the words of the Lord are upright". Righteous is upright. So to judge righteously is to spread the word of the Lord just as Jesus was sent to do.

I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of the One who sent me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 05:53 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,991,940 times
judge all you want....unless you are a judge, it means little, except to you!

Old 07-20-2014, 06:07 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,483,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Since Jesus said to follow Him a true believer must judge because Jesus did judge. He said He judged as He heard by doing the will of God. He also said how to judge in this way;

John 7:24 NKJV
New King James Version
Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

To judge with righteous judgment is to judge righteously and scripture says "the words of the Lord are upright". Righteous is upright. So to judge righteously is to spread the word of the Lord just as Jesus was sent to do.

I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of the One who sent me.
You are correct. However we judge actions and words for sure each day. However when it comes to others, while we may "judge" them sinners in need of Christ, etc that is different than judging as worthless, etc.

Paul helped us see where such judging of that kind was to occur.

KJV 1 Cor 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

You can judge a person as weak, a bad associate, a whiner, a skeptic, but you cannot judge those within beyond such level of things. For those outside the Congregation, by being there they are judged as unbelievers, etc and we do not need to do more, as God will. We help such ones, so they can escape a negative judgement by God. Within the Congregation, the pastors, elders, bishops, whatever term you wish, judge members.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:23 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,922,370 times
Matthew 7:1

Judge not....

Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 PM

People fail to see that to judge is not as man thinks in this case. To judge as Jesus did is to do what Jesus did which is to spread the word of God. That is what the OP is saying. Sometimes I think people are impatient and do not read the whole post.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:42 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,109,023 times
Quote:
Since Jesus said to follow Him a true believer must judge because Jesus did judge.
I think we need to focus more on judging ourselves than on judging everybody else. Of course, we need to make choices every day of our lives, based on what we judge to be right or wrong. What we don't need to do is condemn those around us who are making the best choices they know how.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:53 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I think we need to focus more on judging ourselves than on judging everybody else. Of course, we need to make choices every day of our lives, based on what we judge to be right or wrong. What we don't need to do is condemn those around us who are making the best choices they know how.
And we should never be to harsh in our judgement of ourselves too Kat otherwise we bring ourselves under condemnation.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Those who think they need to focus only on judging themselves are not hearing what Jesus said. He is actually defining righteous judgement which he says to do. He defined righteous judgment as doing the will of God. Judging righteously or righteous judgment is judging with the word of God or sreading Gods word. This is just another way Jesus said to spread Gods word. Actually that is pretty much what He said all the time just in different words.

Like Jesus said people condemn themselves. "By your words you'll be justified or by your words you'll be condemned."

"I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me."

Old 07-20-2014, 07:07 PM

64,055 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
This is not wise because none of us are Jesus and we do not have His judgment and knowledge of others Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 07-21-2014 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Encourages flaming.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:18 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,886,417 times
There are different types of 'judging' -- Christians ARE DEFINITELY to 'judge' (discern) the difference between truth and error in all things, but, they are not to 'judge' (condemn) the hearts of others. Those who arbitrarily state that a Christian is not to ‘judge’ under any circumstance, are in error

1 Cor. 2:12-15 INKJV)-- 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity