Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 03:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Nowhere in scripture does it refer to the gospel being a warning, this is the kind of heresy the OP speaks of.
Those are your words, and your words alone. No one referred to the gospel as just a warning. I said warning people of danger is a loving act, so let us not twist that into something else again. Your personal opinion is irrelevant because no matter how hard you try, it cannot remove the love out of their hearts. They believe there is danger, and the loving thing is to help people avoid it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-28-2014 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 04:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Those are your words, and your words alone. No one referred to the gospel as just a warning. I said warning people of danger is a loving act, so let us not twist that into something else again. Your personal opinion is irrelevant because no matter how hard you try, it cannot remove the love out of their hearts.
Did you not read what i posted how the gospel was shared by that none of them spoke of the good news to the hearer with the warning of hell. These are not my words but the words of Jesus,Paul,Peter and Stephen.

Instead of being in denial of what i am saying and proving by scripture, back up your warning of eternal hell for not believing gospel with the scripture.

Quote:
Nowhere in scripture does it refer to the gospel being a warning, this is the kind of heresy the OP speaks of. Jesus came preaching peace, the angels announced news of glad tidings, Paul never said anything about the eternal hell you believe in when he said Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
and that He was buried, and that He arose again the third day according to the Scriptures, nor when he said believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, nor when he said if you If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Nor did Peter at Pentecost, nor did Stephen before they stoned. So i reject your opinion knowing you are speaking out of fear not love and believe what the scriptures say over you.

But the angel said to them, DO NOT BE AFRAID bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.
There is no fear in the message of glad tidings

There is no believe or else be warned you are eternal hell bound in the gospel message, because this is what you are implying. It simply is not in the scriptures.

Anyway i am done with you, you are proving once again that you want to bring love down to a level of your own acceptance and belief of it

Last edited by pcamps; 07-28-2014 at 04:17 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Did you not read what i posted how the gospel was shared by that none of them spoke of the good news to the hearer with the warning of hell.
You are missing the point, so it is not worth the discussion. I have said what I had to say, and you can choose to ignore it if you want. I am not interested in your view about hell, because I already told you it is irrelevant. The motivation of those who try to help is relevant, because they are motivated by love. Feel free to disagree. If they are not loving enough by your standards, then so be it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-28-2014 at 05:03 PM..

Old 07-29-2014, 01:07 AM

709 posts, read 378,329 times
Greetings all,

Love is a most important thing to as.

If you do like good and have no love, it is nothing, but if you have right kind of love you will also do right kind of good, which is good in the eyes of God.

Faith is important to us all, so we can be perfect to that love.

Hope is important for us. And real hope is that when you search to God will with all your heart, and you know it.

So do good in selfless way, and beware to the all temptations of this world, which trying to as, in these days.

And to you all I must say, that avoid to pointless debates, which do not lead anywhere, but dispute.

Remember that, that fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Always serve the lord with fear, and rejoice in him with trembling.

And the end.

May God Almighty bless you in our Lord Jesus Christ. Hohor to him and honor to God, forever and ever. Amen.

Exhorting from

Mikko Ainasoja

Lord Jesus Christ's and God's servant

Old 07-29-2014, 03:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
Greetings all,

If you do like good and have no love, it is nothing, but if you have right kind of love you will also do right kind of good, which is good in the eyes of God.

Hope is important for us. And real hope is that when you search to God will with all your heart, and you know it.

So do good in selfless way, and beware to the all temptations of this world, which trying to as, in these days.

And to you all I must say, that avoid to pointless debates, which do not lead anywhere, but dispute.

Remember that, that fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Always serve the lord with fear, and rejoice in him with trembling.

And the end.

May God Almighty bless you in our Lord Jesus Christ. Hohor to him and honor to God, forever and ever. Amen.

Exhorting from

Mikko Ainasoja

Lord Jesus Christ's and God's servant

Old 07-29-2014, 07:11 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
The intent/motivation of the woman who killed her children so they wouldn't grow up and go to hell was loving too, I guess?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
Greetings all,

It is the Spirit of God which gave us the right kind of love, and helps us do the right kind of good. We have that Spirit because of our faith. Faith, Spirit, fruits of the Spirit. Without faith, there is no Spirit, and without the Spirit there can't be fruits of the Spirit. They are part of the same equation, which is why it makes sense when the Bible says "without faith it is impossible to please God". It is not meant to be offensive, it is simply a declaration of the obvious, but I can see why it might offend people who do not believe in the requirement of Faith.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 AM

63,867 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
It is the Spirit of God which gave us the right kind of love, and helps us do the right kind of good. We have that Spirit because of our faith. Faith, Spirit, fruits of the Spirit. Without faith, there is no Spirit, and without the Spirit there can't be fruits of the Spirit. They are part of the same equation, which is why it makes sense when the Bible says "without faith it is impossible to please God". It is not meant to be offensive, it is simply a declaration of the obvious, but I can see why it might offend people who do not believe in the requirement of Faith.
The Spirit of God IS agape love because God IS agape love. What you call faith is an artificial human construction involving the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you think we are supposed to believe . . . or else. It is not about what we are supposed to believe ABOUT God and Jesus. It is the faith we are supposed to have that Jesus revealed the true nature of God as love and demonstrated what we are supposed to try to emulate. It is the faith we are to have that Jesus did for us what we could not do and now we are saved from permanent separation from God. It is the faith that if we follow Christ's instructions to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't that we will be sanctified under Christ's love for us all. It is the faith that our imperfections will be covered by Christ's perfect grace. The faith that YOU think is important is NOT. God is neither egotistical nor vain and we cannot "brown nose" our way into His graces by proclaiming what we believe ABOUT Him and Jesus.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Spirit of God IS agape love because God IS agape love. What you call faith is an artificial human construction involving the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you think we are supposed to believe . . . or else. It is not about what we are supposed to believe ABOUT God and Jesus. It is the faith we are supposed to have that Jesus revealed the true nature of God as love and demonstrated what we are supposed to try to emulate. It is the faith we are to have that Jesus did for us what we could not do and now we are saved from permanent separation from God. It is the faith that if we follow Christ's instructions to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't that we will be sanctified under Christ's love for us all. It is the faith that our imperfections will be covered by Christ's perfect grace. The faith that YOU think is important is NOT. God is neither egotistical nor vain and we cannot "brown nose" our way into His graces by proclaiming what we believe ABOUT Him and Jesus.
I already know what I think and believe. You do not have to re-define my beliefs.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:50 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,023,465 times
Quote:
Not surprising how your words tend toward you thinking you are RIGHT. The RIGHT kind of love, the RIGHT kind of good... etc. You trust in yourself that you are RIGHTeous? Sounds like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity