Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 07:03 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Believer View Post
While I agree that God is Love, I also recognize that Love is not the only attribute of God.
Is there another attribute that is used in describing God in the same manner? Is there, for instance a quote saying "God is wrath," or "God is justice?" We are talking about the BASIS for our faith: what the "new commandment" and the "golden rule" are about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 07:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
I am seeing a potential problem with the way it was worded. I thought I said that. I know God is love but I cannot find scripture that say's it they way it was stated. "the spirit of agapa love is God". It seems to mean something more and the choice of wording gives me concern as to what is intended and where one can find it in scripture stated in that way.

While I agree that God is Love, I also recognize that Love is not the only attribute of God.
But you understand if i have faith but have not love i am nothing and the scriptures teach that there is nothing greater than love and faith and hope come in a close 2nd and 3rd behind it?.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:21 PM

145 posts, read 116,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But you understand if i have faith but have not love i am nothing and the scriptures teach that there is nothing greater than love and faith and hope come in a close 2nd and 3rd behind it?.
OK, whatever. Has nothing to do with what I was asking.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Is there another attribute that is used in describing God in the same manner? Is there, for instance a quote saying "God is wrath," or "God is justice?" We are talking about the BASIS for our faith: what the "new commandment" and the "golden rule" are about.
That would be an interesting study to do sometime.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What did i say other than with a username like yours believing what is being explained to you should not be a problem to you, but for some reason it is. The scripture and its meaning is being rightly divided to you.
Well, I don't know if I agree with your idea but I fail to see what part my name plays in this and why you feel the need to put people down all the time. I just find you a bit mean spirited and lacking in the love of Christ. That is assuming you consider yourself a Christian. I don't know that I have seen you state that outright or not. I don't mean to make assumptions but I assumed you considered yourself a Christian.

By the way, please explain what you think my user name means so I can understand why it is of such concern to you.

I will try and find your response sometime tomorrow if I have time.

Last edited by Grace Believer; 07-29-2014 at 08:41 PM..

Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know if I agree with your idea but I fail to see what part my name plays in this and why you feel the need to put people down all the time. I just find you a bit mean spirited and lacking in the love of Christ. That is assuming you consider yourself a Christian. I don't know that I have seen you state that outright or not. I don't mean to make assumptions but I assumed you considered yourself a Christian.
18,350 posts, verses 44 and you don't mean to make assumptions?

Old 07-29-2014, 08:54 PM

63,867 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
I am seeing a potential problem with the way it was worded. I thought I said that. I know God is love but I cannot find scripture that say's it they way it was stated. "the spirit of agapa love is God". It seems to mean something more and the choice of wording gives me concern as to what is intended and where one can find it in scripture stated in that way.
You are not trying to see it . . . probably because you don't think the scriptures are rightly divided. What IS God? Spirit. What else IS God? Agape love. "IS"" does not mean an "attribute of". . . it means "IS"! When we produce agape love in our consciousness . . . we produce a bit of God. That is why when we love we are "born of God" and know God. Still don't get it? Still think it is not rightly divided???

Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:

By the way, please explain what you think my user name means so I can understand why it is of such concern to you.

I will try and find your response sometime tomorrow if I have time.
If i said you that grace is unmerited favor would you have the same problem you are having in finding it in the scriptures as you are witn the expression of the spirit of agape love, which has been shown to you in the scriptures where it states that love is a spirit?. Can you show me in your bible where it says grace is unmerited favor?. It is clear i think that although we are not fundamentalist believers that we are rightly dividing the scriptures.

Your user name means you believe in the unmerited favor of God.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
18,350 posts, verses 44 and you don't mean to make assumptions?
So you have to make a lot of post before you are considered a Christian? I don't understand why you would think that.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:07 AM

Quote:
So you have to make a lot of post before you are considered a Christian? I don't understand why you would think that.
I do not think Jerwade is saying that. I do not associate myself with the prevailing belief of christianity on here. So you could say i am not a christian, but that would not worry me caused me to be offended in the least and i wouldn't start whinging and crying about it saying i am being insulted, or accuse others of being offensive and insulting, for we are all entitled to our opinions on whether we believe another is rightly dividing the truth or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity