Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:51 AM

63,864 posts, read 40,149,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are not trying to see it . . . probably because you don't think the scriptures are rightly divided. What IS God? Spirit. What else IS God? Agape love. "IS"" does not mean an "attribute of". . . it means "IS"! When we produce agape love in our consciousness . . . we produce a bit of God. That is why when we love we are "born of God" and know God. Still don't get it? Still think it is not rightly divided???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Believer View Post
So you do not believe "God is Love" you believe "Love is God"? And that god is produced in you? I suspected you had a different meaning and that was the reason for the different wording.
I have no idea how you come to the absurd conclusions you do. God IS love. What does that "IS" mean to you? What is a child of any parent??? What does "born of God" mean to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 10:00 AM

145 posts, read 116,256 times
Quote:
I have no idea how you come to the absurd conclusions you do. God IS love. What does that "IS" mean to you? What is a child of any parent??? What does "born of God" mean to you?
Let's deal with your claim first then maybe we can deal with what I think. You seem to want to change the subject when cornered. You said "the spirit of agapa love is God". That's different. You also said that love is not an attribute of God but love is God. There is a difference. I think you know that and are trying to avoid dealing with it.

Example: "the man is white" and "white is the man" are not the same. While the man is white, that is not all he is.

God is love, but love is not all God is. Love is one of many of His attributes.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:05 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
You are welcome to your opinion!
You too. And your welcome to strain at gnats about what Mystic is saying. Does it matter to you that Agape Love is God or whether God is Agape Love ?.There is also no bullying going on this forum, the moderators will not tolerate it, you get infracted then barred from posting for being so, then you have to come back under a different username each time you are barred.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 AM

145 posts, read 116,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You too. And your welcome to strain at gnats about what Mystic is saying. Does it matter to you that Agape Love is God or whether God is Agape Love ?.There is also no bullying going on this forum, the moderators will not tolerate it, you get infracted then barred from posting for being so, then you have to come back under a different username each time you are barred.
Please stay on topic, I can read the TOS myself! Have a nice day!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
You are not trying to see it . . . probably because you don't think the scriptures are rightly divided. What IS God? Spirit. What else IS God? Agape love. "IS"" does not mean an "attribute of". . . it means "IS"! When we produce agape love in our consciousness . . . we produce a bit of God. That is why when we love we are "born of God" and know God. Still don't get it? Still think it is not rightly divided???
Quote:
So you do not believe "God is Love" you believe "Love is God"? And that god is produced in you? I suspected you had a different meaning and that was the reason for the different wording.
Quote:
Let's deal with your claim first then maybe we can deal with what I think. You seem to want to change the subject when cornered. You said "the spirit of agape love is God". That's different. You also said that love is not an attribute of God but love is God.
No . . . it is NOT different! That is why you (like Bill Clinton) do not seem to know what the word "IS" means. Love only exists in consciousness because it is Spirit and God IS Spirit (consciousness). The word "IS" refers to the very essence of God . . . who IS Spirit and that Spirit IS love. When we produce love we are "born of God." What does it mean when you are born of someone? I genuinely do not know what you are having trouble understanding.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
I have no idea how you come to the absurd conclusions you do. God IS love.
It has been shown where the question originated from. Is love your god?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It has been shown where the question originated from. Is love your god?
God is my God and He IS love. Every time I love I am "born of God" and know God. What do you think that means, Finn?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
God is my God and He IS love. Every time I love I am "born of God" and know God. What do you think that means, Finn?
Do you worship love as your god? Yes, or no?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you worship love as your god? Yes, or no?
I worship God as my God, Finn. What is your point with this cross examination??? Your God commits genocide. Do you worship genocide?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I worship God as my God, Finn. What is your point with this cross examination??? Your God commits genocide. Do you worship genocide?
It's a simple question. Why won't you answer it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity