Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 03:13 AM

145 posts, read 116,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If i said you that grace is unmerited favor would you have the same problem you are having in finding it in the scriptures as you are witn the expression of the spirit of agape love, which has been shown to you in the scriptures where it states that love is a spirit?. Can you show me in your bible where it says grace is unmerited favor?. It is clear i think that although we are not fundamentalist believers that we are rightly dividing the scriptures.

Your user name means you believe in the unmerited favor of God.
I have never used that term you do of "unmerited Favor". But Grace is something freely given by God and not earned so I suppose your term is a correct one.

My issue with the wording of Mystic's statement goes to one of meaning. I suspect he worded it the way he did for a reason and I am seeking that reason and for scriptural support for wording it the way he did. If they had said "God is love", I would not have asked why they worded it that way. Or, if they had said "God is Spirit", likewise, I would have not asked about the wording. I have learned that words mean things and I found the choice of wording that stated "the spirit of agapa love is God" somewhat unusual and suspect they may view who and what God is in a different manner. I am simply trying to see if they will open up and share where they find this. I am sorry if you have an issue with my asking another member a question but after all, that's part of every forum I have ever seen. I don't hound you about the questions you ask others and would expect you to show me the same respect.

I do find it interesting that you and others feel the need to answer for Mystic and keep this going. It was a simple question to one person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are not trying to see it . . . probably because you don't think the scriptures are rightly divided. What IS God? Spirit. What else IS God? Agape love. "IS"" does not mean an "attribute of". . . it means "IS"! When we produce agape love in our consciousness . . . we produce a bit of God. That is why when we love we are "born of God" and know God. Still don't get it? Still think it is not rightly divided???
There you go again with those snide little personal comments. Rightly dividing is not something the scriptures are it is something we must do.

So you do not believe "God is Love" you believe "Love is God"? And that god is produced in you? I suspected you had a different meaning and that was the reason for the different wording.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:21 AM

Quote:
I do not think Jerwade is saying that. I do not associate myself with the prevailing belief of christianity on here. So you could say i am not a christian, but that would not worry me caused me to be offended in the least and i wouldn't start whinging and crying about it saying i am being insulted, or accuse others of being offensive and insulting, for we are all entitled to our opinions on whether we believe another is rightly dividing the truth or not.
Well, let's let Jerwade answer for himself!

I am glad you would not whine and cry. I never do either. I do find it funny that you think asking a question is whining and crying though. And why you feel the need to answer for so many other members.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Believer View Post
I have never used that term you do of "unmerited Favor". But Grace is something freely given by God and not earned so I suppose your term is a correct one.

My issue with the wording of Mystic's statement goes to one of meaning. I suspect he worded it the way he did for a reason and I am seeking that reason and for scriptural support for wording it the way he did. If they had said "God is love", I would not have asked why they worded it that way. Or, if they had said "God is Spirit", likewise, I would have not asked about the wording. I have learned that words mean things and I found the choice of wording that stated "the spirit of agapa love is God" somewhat unusual and suspect they may view who and what God is in a different manner. I am simply trying to see if they will open up and share where they find this. I am sorry if you have an issue with my asking another member a question but after all, that's part of every forum I have ever seen. I don't hound you about the questions you ask others and would expect you to show me the same respect.

I do find it interesting that you and others feel the need to answer for Mystic and keep this going. It was a simple question to one person.
If i worded grace to be unmerited favor would you take issue with that and say it did not sit comfortably with your spirit ?. All Mystic is doing is expounding the word love, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that , I actually quoted you a scripture which states the spirit we have received is not one of fear but of love,power and of a sound mind, so again you should not have a problem with the expression of the spirit of love, for God is spirit and God is love according to the scriptures. So i cannot for the life of me understand why you are having a problem comprehending something as simple as this to understand. I have no issue, i am failing to see how you could possibly not understand the explanations bring given to you. I am also not hounding you i am trying go reason with you to so that you can see the obvious, it is your refusal to see it that is causing you to hound mystic. Plus he's answered your question clearly.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:39 AM

Quote:
If i worded grace to be unmerited favor would you take issue with that and say it did not sit comfortably with your spirit ?. All Mystic is doing is expounding the word love, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that , I actually quoted you a scripture which states the spirit we have received is not one of fear but of love,power and of a sound mind, so again you should not have a problem with the expression of the spirit of love, for God is spirit and God is love according to the scriptures. So i cannot for the life of me understand why you are having a problem comprehending something as simple as this to understand. I have no issue, i am failing to see how you could possibly not understand the explanations bring given to you. I am also not hounding you i am trying go reason with you to so that you can see the obvious, it is your refusal to see it that is causing you to hound mystic. Plus he's answered your question clearly.
Then let it go. You should not get so consumed by other peoples discussions.

Have a great day.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Then let it go. You should not get so consumed by other peoples discussions.

Have a great day.
How convenient when you don't have answers.
It is an open forum where topics are discussed.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What DOES God IS love mean to you, Finn???
That was not the question. The question was about wording it the other way round: love is god. When you word it like that, it is easier to see what you are actually saying.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
You just seem to have a harsh way of talking down many who you respond to. You make snide remarks and accusation in almost every post. I just sense a lot of hate and anger in you against those you cannot bully into accepting your views as correct. Nothing personal, just an observation of your actions and behavior. Perhaps if you care about others you should consider treating them with a little love once in a while. You seem to like to beat people over the head with the word but you don't seem capable of showing any!. Just my observations over short while I have been on the forum.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,053,295 times
Quote:
I just sense a lot of hate and anger in you against those you cannot bully into accepting your views as correct. Nothing personal, just an observation of your actions and behavior. Perhaps if you care about others you should consider treating them with a little love once in a while. You seem to like to beat people over the head with the word
Sounds like you're describing God.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
How convenient when you don't have answers.
It is an open forum where topics are discussed.
You are welcome to your opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity