Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 02:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yep, but some can't see past their own lack of love to understand that, thus they end up hating God and ..............
I've never met, or heard from, or read anything, from anyone purporting to hate God.

But that guy in the OT is a cartoon monster. I'm very, very glad he's not real. If he was real, yeah, I'd hate him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 02:20 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I've never met, or heard from, or read anything, from anyone purporting to hate God.

But that guy in the OT is a cartoon monster. I'm very, very glad he's not real. If he was real, yeah, I'd hate him.
With good reason.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:31 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
The biggest problem today about this is that many Muslim and other people will never forgive any Christian for this ....As Only through Lord Jesus can people forgive others

Old 08-08-2014, 02:33 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
God is not petty, vindictive or vengeful. He is completely and perfectly just, not willing that anyone should perish, but is bound by his holiness and righteousness to judge and punish sin. God loves all people and repeatedly shows his grace to give people a chance to repent. Then He gives them over to the path they have chosen.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
God is not petty, vindictive or vengeful. He is completely and perfectly just, not willing that anyone should perish, but is bound by his holiness and righteousness to judge and punish sin. God loves all people and repeatedly shows his grace to give people a chance to repent. Then He gives them over to the path they have chosen.
God leaves nothing to chance.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:01 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are one in the same and He is very, very real.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 PM

63,825 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are one in the same and He is very, very real.
You keep saying that . . . but that is NOT the problem. Of course God is God . . . BUT it is the DESCRIPTIONS of His nature and motives that differ . . . and those descriptions are from primitive barbarians. I trust the descriptions and revelations of Christ about the TRUE NATURE of God. Christ demonstrated the truth of God's agape love even unto scourging and crucifixion. He loved even His torturers and murderers because they knew not what they did. He smote no one! That is true agape love. "No greater love . . ."

Old 08-08-2014, 05:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Sez you.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:24 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Can you prove that poster is real? or just made up?
You bet!

I even know the author... personally.

Quote:
I read the bible many times--- there are very good reasons why this system has to be for now( humans chose it) It is almost done--Those who really know God, trust that he makes the right decision everytime, concerning all for all time. You cant even begin to imagine what that is like.
Yeah, each time I read a bible in a couple of different languages, it's like reading the same old myth over and over again. Then I read the Egyptian Book of the Dead, and lo and behold, same stories, different names.

What a coincidence!

Old 08-08-2014, 09:29 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The Catholic Church preserved Christianity for the world.
- The Catholic church invented Christianity to rule the world by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity